Dear Alan Stubbs

Only Hibernian manager alive to lift, after guiding us to the most prestigious trophy in Scottish football.

Yes, a legend.

The last manager to guide his side to the trophy whilst not in the top league please?

Dont pay attention to these wee fannies bambers...they cannot rile the cupholders with thier jealousy soaked posts.

😊

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who could blame him leaving for the bright lights of Rotherham?

The downtrodden boy, Charlie Hull, in the League of Gentlemen supported Rotherham and regularly wore their shirt. Is that their only claim to fame?

Been listening to Hallam Fm our local radio station today and I'm surprised that Rotherham fans are delighted by Alan Stubbs coming to New York. I mean I know he did fantasticly well by winning the Scottish cup this season but he's had 2 or 3 failed attempts on getting hibs back into the top league and the championship is a tough league where you'd expect Rotherham to be fighting to stay up again next season. But I'm hoping he does well though nice see a A manager in Scotland getting a job in England

Been listening to Hallam Fm our local radio station today and I'm surprised that Rotherham fans are delighted by Alan Stubbs coming to New York. I mean I know he did fantasticly well by winning the Scottish cup this season but he's had 2 or 3 failed attempts on getting hibs back into the top league and the championship is a tough league where you'd expect Rotherham to be fighting to stay up again next season. But I'm hoping he does well though nice see a A manager in Scotland getting a job in England

Top and bottom if it is he didn't fancy his chances getting Hibs promoted next season and has done a runner. Making him a leg end in many supporters eyes.

Not sure how many games he won to win the cup but probably around 6. Think most managers could manage that every few years

It's laughable what he said in the sun ,"can't top winning the cup so wants a new challenge"hmmmmmmmm

Or he's taken a job that cuts his travel time to his family by more than half, pays way more and presents a much better platform for his career courtesy of being in a massively higher profile league.

Ignore that though, "Besty" says he's done a runner.

Top and bottom if it is he didn't fancy his chances getting Hibs promoted next season and has done a runner. Making him a leg end in many supporters eyes.

Not sure how many games he won to win the cup but probably around 6. Think most managers could manage that every few years

It's laughable what he said in the sun ,"can't top winning the cup so wants a new challenge"hmmmmmmmm

What are people not understanding about this? Of course he can't top that! It was the greatest day in our history and he delivered it too us. It doesn't matter what any irrelevant supporter of another club says or thinks; the fact remains that the hibs fans will always be grateful to him for giving us that. He could've stayed next season and got us up but there's no chance that feeling would be replicated. It cannot be topped by anything or anybody.

Or he's taken a job that cuts his travel time to his family by more than half, pays way more and presents a much better platform for his career courtesy of being in a massively higher profile league.

Exactly this. Closer to his family and apparently is trebling his wages. Hibs are a bigger club no doubt about it, but the league they are in and the wages on offer are too good to turn down unfortunately.

😂 I ken..its painfully amusing that Besty and his ilk want to see some other reason for Sir Stubbs leaving....despite the facts you outline.

Naw hes shagging the physio....hes scared of Houstie...etc etc

You guys...😂😂😂

Why is it laughable? Hibs can't top winning the Scottish Cup.

He's made a smart move in swapping the Scottish Championship for the English one, albeit with one of the less fancied sides.

Why is it laughable? Hibs can't top winning the Scottish Cup.

He's made a smart move in swapping the Scottish Championship for the English one, albeit with one of the less fancied sides.

Surely winning promotion to the spl is a Greater achievement.

It's a good job Ferguson didn't do a runner after his first trophy win at Man U

It's the Scottish cup! If your team only won 4 games all season and It happened to be in the cup,you will win it,

Taking nothing away from the facts its great to win any trophy, but let's put things into perspective.

Hibs beat Raith, Hearts,ICT and Rangers in the same season and to win the trophy.Is it really an unbeatable achievement?.

Maybe If he had also won promotion, which he has found to be far more difficult,fair enough.

I'm sure The expectations at Hibs will be far higher than those of Rotherham that for me is the reason he's left the club.

That's why I think its laughable

Stubbs off to Blackburn or Bolton

Owen Coyle new Hibs boss next season

Stubbs has been a naughty boy !!!!

Yet another completely fucking shite rumour made up by yourself.

Guest Back Post Misses

Exactly this. Closer to his family and apparently is trebling his wages. Hibs are a bigger club no doubt about it, but the league they are in and the wages on offer are too good to turn down unfortunately.

On what measures do you judge Hibs being a bigger club?

Archived