Marcus Whitelaw

Hillonearth

Saddened to hear of the tragic death of Junior fan Marcus Whitelaw yesterday. Marcus was a well-known face at most of the Glasgow area clubs - in fact I was only talking to him at our game v Vale of Clyde on Wednesday night - and will be sadly missed.

RIP from all at Maryhill.

Pretty much! He was actually from Blantyre but would go to any ground in Greater Glasgow there was a game on. He'd been at quite a few of our games recently - probably because we've had to play hunners of them in a short space of time...

Aw man I'm sure it's the guy I'm thinking of.  Met him one night at a Glencairn v Cambuslang Rangers friendly at New Southcroft (the abandoned game a few years ago).  Got talking to him and he said he was Blantyre and when I said my team was Neilston, he could rhyme off our current squad and who they used to play for.  Then I met him again at a Neilston game, possibly away to Glencairn as well.

Terrible.  RIP mate.

Marcus you be sadly my friend spoke with him on Wednesday night during and after the Tin Pail vs Maryhill game. Attended a lot of the Vale games and was always a welcomed guest so sad to hear of his sudden passing. God bless him may he rest in peace.... From all at the Tin Pail......

Archived