Stranraer v Ayr last night

Talbot fans really let the junior sides fans down like. So much delusion. If you're as good as you think you are stop your shitey excuses and get involved in the pyramid and show everybody. If not pipe doon and stop having a go at everyone else. Stranraer and Ayr, or any other senior club for that matter won't give any credibility to your opinion or care about your opinion until that happens.

All talk when in reality you have no idea.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha brilliant. Good to see healthy argument albeit with input from hb but it can't always be good.

No disrespect to Ayr or Stranraer but they just don't fill me with excitement. However if I lived nearer Kilmarnock I would have them as a back up second team. But Ayr noooo :-D

Big Leishman might be facing Ayr next season but it won't be with Talbot.

About bloody time that guy got some recognition with a move to a bigger club ;D. Always thought he was a great player. Hearts's loss when then had the chance to sign him a few seasons back

Some of the comments on here are hilarious and some posters have went completely off on a Talbot hating tangent.:-)))))

No one is saying that Talbot would win the senior Scottish or is better than Ayr or Stranraer.

However in a one off game against mediocre senior teams like Ayr or Stranraer then anything is possible.

Hearts, Stranraer and Stirling Albion all couldn't wipe the floor with Talbot.

Also Beith, Me££a and Rosey Posey have also given good accounts of themselves against senior opposition.

The thing I find most hilarious about this thread is the input from the usual senior thicko suspects who have never had anything positive to say about the Junior game and as soon as any poster on the Junior forum has a pop at their grade they are straight on here like flies round shite. :-))))

Away back to your own forum you clowns.:/)

Can they take HB with them? :-D

Nonsense and the current ayr and Stranraer teams would wipe Talbot out.

You struggle against LL teams quite regularly in the scottish so stop trying to convince us that you can take stranraer or ayr apart other than battering the baw black and blue and breaking punters necks while watching the hoof baw.

Senior teams have got a wee bit more about them than that ï¸ï¸as do certain LL teams :huh:

Hertha, if you please can you perhaps hold fire on your envy rage long enough to decipher this retort. No one has wiped Talbot out since I had bum fluff on my oaksters. That includes the big Scottish where they have made a good account of themselves more often than not. Your point regarding the LL is fair enough and a bit of an anomaly for us Bot fans, given that no HL side has beaten them to date and all sorties into the seniors have been unlucky odd goal defeats or, on one occasion,  a draw. Can I suggest therefore that your "wipe out" statement is so wide of the mark it makes the Van Vossen miss look like a close shave. Forgive my indulgence in my reply to Catakoom, it was aimed at a fellow Talbot diehard's heartstrings, one who oft with good reason, challenges my posts.

Good luck in the final, a win might be the perfect antidote to your envy rage! :thumsup2

Hertha, if you please can you perhaps hold fire on your envy rage long enough to decipher this retort. No one has wiped Talbot out since I had bum fluff on my oaksters. That includes the big Scottish where they have made a good account of themselves more often than not. Your point regarding the LL is fair enough and a bit of an anomaly for us Bot fans, given that no HL side has beaten them to date and all sorties into the seniors have been unlucky odd goal defeats or, on one occasion, a draw. Can I suggest therefore that your "wipe out" statement is so wide of the mark it make the Van Vossen miss look like a close shave. Forgive my indulgence in my reply to Catakoom, it was aimed at a fellow Talbot diehard's heartstrings, one who oft with good reason, challenges my posts.

Good luck in the final, a win might be the perfect antidote to your envy rage! :thumsup2

ï¸ï¸West of scotland cup 1991 /1992 at beechwood park ;

Auchinleck Talbot 1 Beith juinors 5 .

That was a good enough wiping out of the Talbot for me which deems your statement of ï¸nobody ever wiping the Talbot out as utter tosh :)

Now away and have a serious look at that bum fluff on your oaksters as you clearly had none that day :):lol:

Cheers for the best wishes :)

I thought the top Ayrshire junior clubs signed our proper rejects, can think of at least 3 strikers that were rank with us that flourished at Talbot in recent seasons.

Big clubs want to reach the sea not bob about in the puddle.

Big clubs want to reach the sea not bob about in the puddle.

The sea is right next to your park but yet you are still dire and boring??

But you come down to the lowly junior forums to point out how big clubs should aspire to be bigger?

Am sure you have done the same making this point of view in the main premier league forums as well?

ï¸ï¸West of scotland cup 1991 /1992 at beechwood park ;

Auchinleck Talbot 1 Beith juinors 5 .

That was a good enough wiping out of the Talbot for me which deems your statement of ï¸nobody ever wiping the Talbot out as utter tosh :)

Now away and have a serious look at that bum fluff on your oaksters as you clearly had none that day :):lol:

Cheers for the best wishes :)

Yes I remember it well, a scorline that sent shockwaves through the land. Well what can I say, that one rout in 40 odd years certainly puts my statement to bed. Needless to say that the whole Beith contingent, players officials and fans alike could not believe what was happening. Every dog has it's day, your club might be having another day to remember soon.

Yes I remember it well, a scorline that sent shockwaves through the land. Well what can I say, that one rout in 40 odd years certainly puts my statement to bed. Needless to say that the whole Beith contingent, players officials and fans alike could not believe what was happening. Every dog has it's day, your club might be having another day to remember soon.

Good to see he remembers one big game

Auchinleck Talbot have never beaten an SPFL side in the Scottish Cup... Indeed, they have exited the last 2 editions to LL teams - Edinburgh City and Cumbernauld Colts.

Stranraer averaged 507 in the league in the season just ended, and Ayr Utd averaged 1,297. Those are comfortably (multiples?) higher than whatever Auchinleck will average in the West Superleague and higher than any Junior clubs except perhaps Pollok in the case of Stranraer, IIRC - unless things have picked-up at Clydebank.

There were 1,652 present for a midweek match live on TV.

Yet Isabel Goudie, Auchinleck Talbot supporter, criticises it?!?!

Auchinleck Talbot have never beaten an SPFL side in the Scottish Cup... Indeed, they have exited the last 2 editions to LL teams - Edinburgh City and Cumbernauld Colts.

Stranraer averaged 507 in the league in the season just ended, and Ayr Utd averaged 1,297. Those are comfortably (multiples?) higher than whatever Auchinleck will average in the West Superleague and higher than any Junior clubs except perhaps Pollok in the case of Stranraer, IIRC - unless things have picked-up at Clydebank.

Stranraer gates are inflated by travelling support of other teams.

Why don't you know the average gate of ATFC? Ayr by definition have a large suppprt fact. Do your homework son lol.

Stranraer gates are inflated by travelling support of other teams.

More than others? I find that unlikely. They're remotest in division along with Peterhead, with no proper derby and Dunfermline the only FT team.

Why wouldn't away supporters at Stranraer count, anyway? You'd count Cumnock fans.

Why don't you know the average gate of ATFC?

I wasn't aware Talbot published figures. If they do now, excellent. Where can they be found?

Ayr by definition have a large suppprt fact.

Erm, well yes, exactly.

Stranraer averaged 507 in the league in the season just ended, and Ayr Utd averaged 1,297. Those are comfortably (multiples?) higher than whatever Auchinleck will average in the West Superleague and higher than any Junior clubs except perhaps Pollok in the case of Stranraer, IIRC - unless things have picked-up at Clydebank.

Ah Mr Jibee, was wondering when you would turn up. Critism? I would call it observation. Can I ask, how on earth do you know how many turn up at Beechwood for league games.? My good man you are basing an argument on information you don't have. Now here is one fact, in both Scottish ties with Stranraer Talbot clearly outnumbered by a large margin the senior support. That is fact. Anyway, the thread was not started to have a pop at Stranraer, or Ayr per se, I conceded that Ayr had a good crowd at the game, but will say it looked about the same as Talbot took to Stair Park. My post is merely a pointer to where Scottish Football is IMHO. Is 1,652 an impressive crowd, for two Senior teams in a play off for promotion to the second top tier on a summer's evening? No, in my opinion it is not. However, if you think it is then my point is made. The senior game is for the most part a pale imitation and is by everything except name a non league product. I consider that radical change would benifit all. Scotland by population and size cannot sustain that amount of Senior football clubs. Thus we have this, whatever it is. Introducing more clubs with 50 fans who are made up of friends and family of the players only compounds the staleness. We need smaller more elite Senior leagues and a bigger more vibrant unified non league. Where do my team fit in? Top end non league or there about, with Stranraer and loads of other clubs who currently enjoy senior status. Ayr? Well they would be marginal and probably could make a legitimate claim to be in the seniors, they have a proper ground if a bit old fashioned and potentially good crowds. I use these three clubs as an example, you could substitute Lithgie for Talbot, Brechin for Stranraer and Queens for Ayr.

So my forum adversary, I am not championing the cause of my own club or grade, merely frustrated at the lack of fore sight by those in charge. The continuous acceptance that the top leagues are anything approaching the real deal in their present form is blinkered as is the view that those who don't agree are unambitious and insular, when perhaps the opposite is true.

How can it not sustain so many senior clubs? It's sustained them for fucking years!!!!!!! :lol:

That is not what Scottish football needs. Scottish football is perfectly fine the way it is. If Talbot want to join it they can go about it in the proper way, the opportunity is there, if they don't they can stay where they are, nobody cares.

You're on the outside looking in thinking you're a big deal. When it's the complete opposite. Nobody gives a f**k. If you want to join in then go ahead but if not don't. But don't start saying Scottish football should change its set up purely to include village outfits like yours. Mental.

You're on the outside looking in thinking you're a big deal. When it's the complete opposite. Nobody gives a f**k. If you want to join in then go ahead but if not don't. But don't start saying Scottish football should change its set up purely to include village outfits like yours. Mental.

A bit rich coming from a kipper licker. We might be villagers but we don't stink of barnacles.

Archived