Stranraer v Ayr last night

Caught this on Alba last night, Ayr stole a draw with a goal 4 minutes into time added that they scarcely deserved. However, not much sympathy for Stranraer as I watched them do that to Talbot two weeks in a row in the Senior Scottish, what goes around.............!

Anyway, it is a Junior forum and why bring this game up? Well a comparison to our Grade was what I was interested in. This was a game where the prize was promotion into the second highest league in the land. Now, don’t get me wrong, there were some good players on show and it was competitive. But it looked no higher a standard that the top Junior contests. The ground looked no better that a top Junior ground. 1600 in attendance (mostly Ayr fans) on a summer evening with a huge prize up for grabs.

What is my conclusion? It looked like a decent non-league match but no more, Stranraer have next to no support. Never mind, perhaps Edinburgh City should they win on Saturday will enrich the Seniors and give them a shot to the arm!

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a tedious person you are.

Caught this on Alba last night, Ayr stole a draw with a goal 4 minutes into time added that they scarcely deserved. However, not much sympathy for Stranraer as I watched them do that to Talbot two weeks in a row in the Senior Scottish, what goes around.............!

Anyway, it is a Junior forum and why bring this game up? Well a comparison to our Grade was what I was interested in. This was a game where the prize was promotion into the second highest league in the land. Now, don’t get me wrong, there were some good players on show and it was competitive. But it looked no higher a standard that the top Junior contests. The ground looked no better that a top Junior ground. 1600 in attendance (mostly Ayr fans) on a summer evening with a huge prize up for grabs.

What is my conclusion? It looked like a decent non-league match but no more, Stranraer have next to no support. Never mind, perhaps Edinburgh City should they win on Saturday will enrich the Seniors and give them a shot to the arm!

Get Back in yer bubble isa....

Half the population of Auchinleck in that ground last night. Auchinleck can't even beat BSC Glasgow. BSC Glasgow nowhere near Edinburgh City. Edinburgh City unable to beat Shire. Shire are utter shite. Case closed and away back in your junior bubble ya dafty both teams would pump your mob rotten.

I think the sun is going to Isas head tbh ...Isa please get over the Stanraer result and move on , bottom line is Stranraer and Ayr are senior teams and Talbot are a Junior team , oh and please stay in the shade to save you making any more embarrassing statements

On a more positive note I was delighted to see ex Saint Mark Mcguigan getting Stranraer's goal. Mark always looked like he could play at a higher level.

As for comparisons between the juniors and last night 's game, well having watched the highlights of the junior cup semis at half time I would say that the quality of the misses from the junior games was of a similar standard to some of the sitters spurned by Stranraer and Ayr.

Half the population of Auchinleck in that ground last night. Auchinleck can't even beat BSC Glasgow. BSC Glasgow nowhere near Edinburgh City. Edinburgh City unable to beat Shire. Shire are utter shite. Case closed and away back in your junior bubble ya dafty both teams would pump your mob rotten.

Point of fact. It was Talbot 5 BSC 0. That makes the rest of your post utter shite

Wooooft, haven't started a thread for yonks, forgot how easy it was to irritate folk, must be a gift! Anyway, despite all the comments I still thought the whole occasion and standard of play was as I said. Yes they are senior and my team is junior ( thank the Lord) but that is kind of the point of the post, would be a bit daft to make a comparison if they weren't.

Catakoom, you won't believe this but I am over the Stranraer robbery, however Cumbernauld?

It's a higher standard than Junior football. That's a fact. 

Agreed, but Goudie is right, the standard last night was honking. The finishing, by Stranraer especially was woeful.

Three quarters of those players have played Junior or will play Junior within the next few seasons

I think we would take at least eight off Talbot. Even Stevo would look like a baller coming up against players so lacking in ability.

I think we would take at least eight off Talbot. Even Stevo would look like a baller coming up against players so lacking in ability.

If Talbot draw you in the big cup, yes I know we aren't in it yet, but if we do, I'll take that bet!

If Talbot draw you in the big cup, yes I know we aren't in it yet, but if we do, I'll take that bet!

We would probably just sign a bunch of fans and send them out to play you.

And yet you two F**ds come to the juniors forums to debate about how gash we are. Mmmmm???

R u ok m8?

Did Talbot not get hummed off a team made up of Ayr and Stranraer rejects in the past fortnight :lol:

Archived