Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

f**k it, I'm in. 

Flittin'

Good opener. The scene where Jack and Victor staunchly agree to tell Winston to piss aff with regards to the boxing match before swiftly agreeing when asked always gets a chortle. My favourite character intro has to be Tam, but no there's no doubt the most memorable part of this episode is the whole wake scene - from the moment Jack walks in expressing his disappointment with the size of the flat, to the Vicar walking in to see what appears to be Victor pleasuring Jack and finally to the historic bogus gas man scene, the whole thing is superbly done.

Here is a present from me to you:

5ad99b0399fd8_Screenshot2018-04-20at08_46_44.thumb.png.b56d38c2f2e25e332a56d78fe03e297e.png

"I'll set my boy Joe here on yi."

"Ooooh."

"He's a boxer."

"Aye, a can tell that, taking all those boxes intae the shop."

"His haunds are classified as dangerous weapons."

"Are your specks classified an all, ya specky auld b*****d?" 

8 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

A lot of the early Craiglang scenes were filmed around Nitshill way. At one point, you see them walking about up the hill across from the Matalan

and the Nia Roo. The location of where Jack and Victor talk to Winston and Joe highlighted in red.

stillgame.JPG.b477857ed2f31b6b19ea0e0284cf2954.JPG

This latest series broke me. The walking football episode - I was on the verge of anger after that. Didn't watch any more in the series. 

I still have them taped, so - my question is - should I watch the rest, or is this the new level?

Methadone fucking Mick.

Seen them hundreds of times but like others I'm starting from the very beginning. Always a few funny lines you forget about regardless how often you've watched it. 

Like other others, I will probably race through them :lol:

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

This latest series broke me. The walking football episode - I was on the verge of anger after that. Didn't watch any more in the series. 

I still have them taped, so - my question is - should I watch the rest, or is this the new level?

Methadone fucking Mick.

Don't watch them

Methadone fucking Mick.

It doesn’t get any worse than the walking football but it doesn’t get much better either.

As much as I enjoyed that episode and the "hawf two" line, it's a plot that doesn't really stand up to much scrutiny. Would it have been that difficult to find out the times and platforms of trains arriving from Waterloo? And if that proved too difficult after all, and it seems that it does because they decide to check on arrivals from Euston, maybe phoning the boy back would've been worth a shot given that he wouldn't be leaving until the next day. Nice to see Shug and his lugs make their first appearance. 

Edited by MSU