Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

57 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

He would fit in perfectly on that show 

I'm not so sure. If he lives under a bridge he probably doesn't pay tax anyway.

Edited by GordonD

On 15/04/2018 at 21:49, PB1994 said:

Fair play to anyone who is able to limit themselves to just the one episode a week once you start watching them.

Good idea but agree with this. Would end up binging. 

Just watched the latest one. I thought t was actually not bad, definitely the 2nd best one of the series. Actually thought Mick wasn’t as terrible as usual as he had a storyline rather than just being shoehorned in for a rotten one-liner.

Think people have a false memories about the old series’. Current ones aren’t as good but not as horrendous as people make out.

Fair play to anyone who is able to limit themselves to just the one episode a week once you start watching them.
Its quite easy. You put on any episode, sit through the first 5 minutes and then realise that if this tired attempt at comedy is any kind of a highlight for your life that you'd probably be just as happy if you feel asleep and didn't wake up.

1 hour ago, Crroma said:
On 15/04/2018 at 21:49, PB1994 said:

Its quite easy. You put on any episode, sit through the first 5 minutes and then realise that if this tired attempt at comedy is any kind of a highlight for your life that you'd probably be just as happy if you feel asleep and didn't wake up.

AF45D500-6A89-4C70-AEF4-414D7516D3BB.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Sadly it turns out I'm otherwise occupied this evening but I'm sure you'll all enjoy your evening, once it's 2AM and you've ended up watching the whole first two series

You back on the Mrs Browns Boys box set?

He who hingeth about, getteth heehaw!

I always love the way Victor says “aw, always thought it was Burns” when Jackie in the housing office tells him it’s Lord Islay on the five pound note and not Robert Burns.

Flittin'

It's a really good opening episode, sets up a bunch of characters and their traits without making it too obvious that's what they're doing. The B plotline of Joe's upcoming boxing bout wasn't the greatest, but the main plot of Jack leaving the house for the high-rise is well done -- I'd forgotten the rogue gasman was the first episode. Lovely wee bit of emotion when Jack's reminiscing about where all his stuff went.

Really nice to hear, "Hurdy gurdy gurdy in the windae boaxes" again.

Where did they film the early scene when Jack and Victor are doing the whole, "Craiglang ... shitehole" bit?

Flittin'
It's a really good opening episode, sets up a bunch of characters and their traits without making it too obvious that's what they're doing. The B plotline of Joe's upcoming boxing bout wasn't the greatest, but the main plot of Jack leaving the house for the high-rise is well done -- I'd forgotten the rogue gasman was the first episode. Lovely wee bit of emotion when Jack's reminiscing about where all his stuff went.
Really nice to hear, "Hurdy gurdy gurdy in the windae boaxes" again.
Where did they film the early scene when Jack and Victor are doing the whole, "Craiglang ... shitehole" bit?

A lot of the early Craiglang scenes were filmed around Nitshill way. At one point, you see them walking about up the hill across from the Matalan