Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

Just finished watching the last series, I will admit the series was not vintage, but still better than everything else coming out of the BBC comedy unit, I found the ending very moving, and a fitting end

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, Jambomo said:

I was there this afternoon as well. I thought it was brilliant, really funny. I’m glad I saw it.

Yep, I'm just in the door from seeing it. 

Wrapped up the ending of the TV show well. 

Jimmy Saville bit had me in stitches.

Did well with audience participation too. A few lines that they obviously really enjoyed.

Won't say too much else, as don't want to spoil it for others. 

One side note, they are going to make a fucking mint from all those shows. 

Edited by LondonHMFC

I thought it was OK, 6/10 level. Couple of good ad-libs and some nice references but a lot of it very signposted. Ideal for a half-pished Saturday night at the Hydro. 

I do think the Chewin the Fat bits were the best which possibly shows how much SG had run it's course.

I get that it's not serious, but even with that I thought there was one huge clanger

Spoiler

why is Naveed as a devout Muslim (even refuses alcohol in the afterlife) sent to the Christian version of heaven with St Peter etc, I assumed there was a gag coming that he couldn't get in and they'd have to sort it with God but it never happened.

I thought it was OK, 6/10 level. Couple of good ad-libs and some nice references but a lot of it very signposted. Ideal for a half-pished Saturday night at the Hydro. 
I do think the Chewin the Fat bits were the best which possibly shows how much SG had run it's course.
I get that it's not serious, but even with that I thought there was one huge clanger
Spoiler

why is Naveed as a devout Muslim (even refuses alcohol in the afterlife) sent to the Christian version of heaven with St Peter etc, I assumed there was a gag coming that he couldn't get in and they'd have to sort it with God but it never happened.

Pretty much my thoughts. The whole Beyonce bit after the interval was the funniest bit.

Agree with your spoiler, was waiting for something to happen with that

Just seen the live show and enjoyed it.

Helped greatly by the fact that I was moved from the God's down to the 10th from front row and included in the start of the show.

Top hat, beefy bake and a can of Fusilier as a souvenir [emoji23]

On 11/10/2019 at 22:18, The Minertaur said:

Helped greatly by the fact that I was moved from the God's down to the 10th from front row and included in the start of the show.

Top hat, beefy bake and a can of Fusilier as a souvenir emoji23.png

Ohhh you jammy bugger! I'm assuming they also gave you a giant, obnoxious foam finger and told you that if anyone around you complained you could shove it up their arse?

Went there today for the afternoon showing, thought it was very good overall. The crowd interaction at the start was great, as was the stuff with the interpreter for the deaf. The recurring stuff about Boabbie and his, ah, handy antics was generally pretty funny ("actions speak louder than words" and the accompanying gesture 😂)

Genuinely felt a tinge of sadness right at the end, too.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

On 11/10/2019 at 22:18, The Minertaur said:

Top hat, beefy bake and a can of Fusilier as a souvenir emoji23.png

Brilliant stuff. 

Final show this evening.

IMG_20191014_002854.jpg

Edited by LondonHMFC

12 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Ohhh you jammy bugger! I'm assuming they also gave you a giant, obnoxious foam finger and told you that if anyone around you complained you could shove it up their arse?

Indeed :lol:  Felt really bad that I made my Dad walk up about a thousands steps to our seats only for us to be moved after 2 minutes :lol: 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...