Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

Been rewatching the lot of late and think I have been harsh saying it totally lost its way as Im now on series 7 and still enjoying it. 
Been watching series 8 on Netflix and the drop off from the first run is massive for me. It used to be clever and funny with a decent story line behind it but now it just comes across as forced jokes that aren't particulalry funny and pish story lines. The episode with the walking football is cringe worthy at times with the standard of acting from the extras and more minor characters. I also don't think HD Does it any favours either

19 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Been watching series 8 on Netflix and the drop off from the first run is massive for me. It used to be clever and funny with a decent story line behind it but now it just comes across as forced jokes that aren't particulalry funny and pish story lines. The episode with the walking football is cringe worthy at times with the standard of acting from the extras and more minor characters. I also don't think HD Does it any favours either

Yeah only watched up to episode 2 of 7 and you can tell its got more slap stick but still laughing at it. Although methadone mick has turned up now which has soured it. He was ok In the episode tbh, a decent wee cameo but should have been left at that. 

Eta - As for HD l, absolutely baffling to use it. Bizarre doing it for actors who are caked up in make up to portray an age they are nowhere near, doesn’t do anybody any favours.

Edited by gannonball

Been watching series 1 on BBC Scotland, it's on at 10pm on s Friday night. The first 3 series were consistently good, felt from series 4 onwards it was a bit more hit and miss. Don't know why but they showed the episodes out of order, Faimly was on last Friday, with one of the best after closing titles scenes.

• 1 month later...

On the back of Little Britain and Come fly with me being removed from Netflix, are we expecting to see the episode “Doactors” removed considering how the episode ended?

• 3 weeks later...
Neither did the 2 episodes of LoG which featured Papa Lazarou yet they were pulled.
Wouldnt be surprised to see it pulled. Streaming companies will take a blanket approach most likely. I couldnt fathom out any offence in the Mighty Boosh one either.

Wouldnt be surprised to see it pulled. Streaming companies will take a blanket approach most likely. I couldnt fathom out any offence in the Mighty Boosh one either.

Apart from crimes against comedy.

• 1 month later...