Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

I like hot seat best from that list. I’d say my favourite episode is the one with big Innes or cairds.
Big Yin is the highest rated one overall on IMDb FWIW.

Seeing as whoever created that list hasn't a clue. Why don't the good people of PnB say what their favourite episode from each season/series is (of the first 6 of course).

Mine would be the following:-

S1) Scones

S2) Gairden

S3) Cairds

S4) Hatch

S5) Drama

S6) Hyperdales

On 22/03/2019 at 23:35, DA Baracus said:

WHAT THE f**k?!

How did they come up with such a shite list?! A couple on that list are outright shite (the ones from seasons 7 and 8).

There are so many episodes (all from seasons 1-6 only) that are much better than the ones mentioned.

Cauld

Cairds

Wummin

Shooglies

Scran

Buntin

Swottin

Big Yin

Drama

Dial A Bus

Hard Nuts

Fly Society 

Hootenanny 

All brilliant episodes and far superior to all the episodes on that pish list (although I've just realised Drama is on that list).

Was searching for Swottin. How that missed out to the recent dross is a mystery. 

Just thinking about Jack and Victors face when the woman answers ‘livers’ when the teacher points to the kidneys in the first aid class has me laughing out loud. 

Most recent episode was almost back to what it used to be. A few genuine laughs and loads of other wee bits that will probably improve with time. Winston wafting his fart towards Stevie as he left the bookies was a highlight. Not laugh out loud funny but a solid bit of patter that Still Game used to be known for. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

Aye - how they picked some of the later episodes over the former ones is a mystery, but the free whisky episode is probably one of my favourites so that gets my vote wholeheartedly. 

image.png.8abffb018c442d987a8ea1391c1a29b1.png

"Filtered through the heather" makes me laugh every single time I see it. 

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Big Yin is the highest rated one overall on IMDb FWIW.

Seeing as whoever created that list hasn't a clue. Why don't the good people of PnB say what their favourite episode from each season/series is (of the first 6 of course).

Mine would be the following:-

S1) Scones

S2) Gairden

S3) Cairds

S4) Hatch

S5) Drama

S6) Hyperdales

1 - Courtin

2 - Brief or Scran 

3 - Big yin or Cairds (although I think every episode in this series is absolutely superb)

4 - Dial a Bus 

5 - Drama 

6 - Recipe 

If I done another list tomorrow it would probably be completely different!

1 - Scones

2 - Scran 

3 - Cairds (This is a genuinely outstanding series, though, with Swottin being my second favourite ever episode and would be the best in any other than S3.)

4 - Hatch

5 - Fresh Lick

6 - Fly Society

You mean the bit with the side-effects? I don't see why not. They weren't blacking up, their skin just turned a darker shade. 
They weren't blacking up but you know some fucking arseholes would be outraged on Facebook. No doubt millennials, the same folk who think Methadone Mick is a great character.

My favourite episodes of the first 6 series:

1. Waddin - for the Wullie MacIntosh being deid storlyline

2. Brief - purely for the graveyard scene and spawning the line Birthday Caird Pish.

3. Cairds - one of the best overall, special mention for oot - "Hawd on the noo the building oan fire"

4. Hatch - "we'll finish these then have a wee chug!"

5. Drama - Brilliant from start to finish, Fresh lick a close second due to Troy the gardener.

6. Fly Society - one of my favourite episodes"we have have hunted every cerature on gods earth" "aye we even kicked a giraffe to death once" even writing that sentence gives me a wee chuckle 

Looking back and trying to pick a Favourite series 2&3 were some brilliant episodes of television.

As for the most recent episode i enjoyed it, not at the level it once was i did actualy laugh a few times and was pleased something decent actually happened to Winston.

5 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Cairds is the best episode for me.  It just nails it from beginning to end, and also has the best line of any episode.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Shug and two polis"

ISA hovering about the window blocking Shug's view spying on Tam's cards.... Promoting Victor to say 'Isa move yer arse'....

So she starts doing some twerking thing :lol:

Edited by Flybhoy

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
41 minutes ago, Rugster said:
The sub plot with Winston and Stevie is the jewel in cairds. 

Winston at his very best. When the camera is behind Stevie and the toilet roll skelps off the window. Brilliant

That bit and the bit where he’s screaming at him and Stevie is putting the bookie pens on the voice holes just in time. Outstanding.