Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

Thought the last two episodes were pretty decent with none of the slap stick shite or lone wolf cringe.  Maybe no what it once was but far better then every other episode since they brought it back.  Cameos worked in this too without taking away from the story as they were all short.  Lets hope they last episode can go out on a mini high and then finish it there. 

While the last two series weren't too clever, they might grow on people over time. Need to remember that the 'legend' of the original series has kinda grown since it finished, although they were obviously still fantastic to begin with.

I do feel that this series has been great, though.

19 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Couple of cheesy bits but on the whole one of the most natural feeling episodes of recent memory and as close to the original series as it was ever likely to get. A really good episode imo. 

Winston really needed this time to shine as he has been given some unbelievably bad patter and storylines over the past 3 series. 

Any predictions for the finale? Jack or Victor death? Meena face reveal? I'm not in favour of either of those suggestions btw.

You see Meenas face, briefly, when they're dancing at the wedding. Twice its shown.

Past 2 episodes have been smashing. Making me question whether I was right to think it had had its day. Maybe they were just incredibly rusty and trying to appeal to a younger audience for a bit? Those 2 episodes weren't side splitting but they weren't out of place from the original lot.

I expect I'll be bawling my eyes oot next week. They used to always say back in the day that they'll end it with either one or both dying. f**k sake, I don't think I'm ready despite the car crash 8 or so episodes since they've returned.

37 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Quite enjoyed that, getting back on form. It seems like they've taken the deserved criticism on board of Methadone Mick as he's hardly been seen the last few episodes.

Methadone Mick for me was there biggest mistake by far, could have worked if they'd used him like Pete who only showed up in the odd episode and featured in a couple as a main character but they seemed to shoehorn him into every episode like it was in his contract or something (less said about the ridiculous teeth the better.  Seems to be a running theme with the lesser characters like Peggy showing up constantly too.  Better sticking to the main cast and using the support characters occasionally like before.  

Also felt with the new ones that they've been shoehorning wee things like isa giving folk a fright when she comes from behind them,  'two pints p***k' , Winston mentioning his leg and other wee famous things which probably only came up a handful of times in the original 6 series, into every episode of the new ones which made it all feel a bit pantomime with their wee catchphrases etc.  The last couple episodes have went back to just natural conversations without the constant punchlines etc which is much more of what it was in the original run, and made it feel more real. 

Enjoyed that one as well. I reckon it would have made a fitting final episode tbh, given they were showing they were Still Game for a laugh.

Next week will undoubtedly be quite sad as I'm sure as fans we'll forget the recent shite and remember they've given us one of, if not the best Scottish comedy ever. My only fear is they give that dick MM any more than one line.

35 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

WHAT THE f**k?!

How did they come up with such a shite list?! A couple on that list are outright shite (the ones from seasons 7 and 8).

There are so many episodes (all from seasons 1-6 only) that are much better than the ones mentioned.

Cauld

Cairds

Wummin

Shooglies

Scran

Buntin

Swottin

Big Yin

Drama

Dial A Bus

Hard Nuts

Fly Society 

Hootenanny 

All brilliant episodes and far superior to all the episodes on that pish list (although I've just realised Drama is on that list).

The last two have shown that when they put their minds to it they can still produce the goods and I'm now feeling quite sad that it's going to be finished for good!!!
Would rather than having them commit to six episodes every year or two that the BBC gave them more money and a contract for one episode a year and that would be Hogmanay sorted and one episode full of good bits rather than some good bits spread over a series would be the viewing highlight of the year!!!

The last two have shown that when they put their minds to it they can still produce the goods and I'm now feeling quite sad that it's going to be finished for good!!!
Would rather than having them commit to six episodes every year or two that the BBC gave them more money and a contract for one episode a year and that would be Hogmanay sorted and one episode full of good bits rather than some good bits spread over a series would be the viewing highlight of the year!!!
Yeah, there's literally fck all to look forward to at Hogmanay now. A yearly helping of Still Game, like a one hour long episode would be most welcome, as long as it was done right.