Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

Even the way Isa was falling over was dreadfully unfunny. The whole bit was just massively out of place in the episode, which was actually quite decent and felt more like the older stuff.

"Dooo dooo doo do miserable b*****d!" had me chuckling.

I thought that was much better, though Isa falling over for what seemed like hours didn't fit with the rest of the episode. Or indeed with any comedy with a level of sophistication greater than the Chuckle Brothers.

The episode made me laugh a couple of times, which were the first times I've really laughed this series. Was also quite poignant in parts, more due to the loss of Winston's leg than Tam.

I hope the episode isn't spoiled by Tam being alive in a way which completely undermines the characterisation of the last eight series, but I fear it will be. Surely Isa and the funeral home will come into it again as that particular plot thread was underdeveloped. 

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

I'm not convinced Tam is really dead either - though I don't see how he could have faked a heart attack and then got the undertaker to go along with it.

But could this be a subtle clue in the end credits?

Still Game.JPG

A pal of mine was at the audience screenings for the last two episodes and said the second last one is up there with the older ones, not sure if that was just the effect of being there and getting carried away with it but so far i've not got high hopes. At the point where i'm not even arsed about watching it now but might as well just to see how it ends

I thought the first one was awful and the second one only slightly better, but I enjoyed this week's one. Apart from overdoing it with the Isa falling over slapstick, I thought it was closer to the sort of style that you used to get in the early series.

Jesus, people on here complaining it'd bad yet continuing to watch every week?  :unsure:
Think that it's a credit to how good the show used to be that people are willing to put up with how shocking it has become in case there's a moment of gold somewhere in the episode. Personally I haven't watched past the first episode of the latest series yet however I'm sure I'll give it all a run through at some point to see it to the end.