Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

22 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

The lone wolf stuff was abysmal.

Bizarre and pointless storyline, wee laddie steals sweets from Navids shop, he goes to the wee shites house and discovers his mum is skint as dad has fucked off so Navid gives said wee shite a paper round, zero laughs and pointless inclusion, almost as if they had no idea how to write a decent plot to include Navid who has had little air time so far this series so came up with this bollocks. 

20 hours ago, IainMorton said:

“Ladies and gentlemen, Shug.... and two polis” still my favourite line from the show.

1 hour ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Think my favourite line is in oot with the Fred Astaire discussion.

“Hud on the noo the buildings on fire”

emoji23.png

"So how about we drink these cans, then we'll all have a wee chug?"  :lol:

My favourite scene was when Isa got into the lift with Jack and Victor when they were on their way to a school reunion (I think it was). Neither of them said a single word but by the time the lift got to the bottom Isa had worked out where they were going.

10 minutes ago, GordonD said:

My favourite scene was when Isa got into the lift with Jack and Victor when they were on their way to a school reunion (I think it was). Neither of them said a single word but by the time the lift got to the bottom Isa had worked out where they were going.

They were heading into town to celebrate 60 years being pals. That scene incidentally was written on the spot as they needed an extra couple of minutes to fill the episode and Jane McCarry did it in one take. 

1 minute ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

They were heading into town to celebrate 60 years being pals. That scene incidentally was written on the spot as they needed an extra couple of minutes to fill the episode and Jane McCarry did it in one take. 

Ta. Haven't watched it for a while - must dig out the box set and try to wipe out the bad memories of what the show has been like recently.

Just watched. It had some decent bits and some good laughs but fucking hell that Lone Wolf stuff was atrocious. It was cringey as f**k and the wee lad is a terrible actor.

There was too much slapstick as well, and the shoehorning in of Edith was pointless and lazy.

It's nearly done though. 

Guest Moomintroll
Spooky bitch.

Edith had been in what, two episodes before they brought it back? As a one off character, her introduction was outstanding. As someone who seems to be in the pub every episode, not soo much. She's ugly, has a funny voice and drinks Guinness. We get it

22 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Edith had been in what, two episodes before they brought it back? As a one off character, her introduction was outstanding. As someone who seems to be in the pub every episode, not soo much. She's ugly, has a funny voice and drinks Guinness. We get it

Surely making Edith win that award is exactly what they'd have done in the early seasons?