Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

I'm sure I've tried to find an answer to this before and failed, was the episode where they go to Canada filmed in Canada?

I vaguely remember being told that they did actually go. It was a good excuse to film whilst Greg Hemphill could visit family, isn’t it GH’s brother acting as tour guide in the CN tower?

That all could be complete and utter bollocks tbf.
I expect they went. Can't think of anywhere in the country where that big dome stadium could be.

Could be any stadium that is half the size of Firhill IMO.
What did Mary, Curry, discover?
Marie Curie!
Radium!
Let's just see shall we?
*flicking through pages*
*flicking through pages*
*flicking through pages*
Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go

“BZZZZZ. JARVIS. CRAIGLANG. LEG.”

Probably in the top 10 episodes that.

Swottin' is absolutely excellent - probably in my top two Still Game episodes, with Cairds, incidentally the following episode, occupying the other spot. 

Series 3, in my opinion, is Still Game at its strongest. The weakest episode of the six, Aff, is still very good, and I would argue that none of the episodes dip below an 8/10. Indeed, if I were ranking my top ten episodes of all time, I think the first five episodes from Series 3 would likely all make the cut. 

Edited by DrewDon

47 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I was speaking about Still Game to a guy at work (since left) a few months back.  He said - and I quote - "Methadone Mick is the best ever Still Game Character."  

Me - giphy.gif

Sad thing is is that he is genuinely a massively popular character.

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 00:52, smpar said:

I vaguely remember being told that they did actually go. It was a good excuse to film whilst Greg Hemphill could visit family, isn’t it GH’s brother acting as tour guide in the CN tower?

That all could be complete and utter bollocks tbf.

His brother's in the lift when they're going up. As I said, I don't doubt any more that they were in Canada, it's just the composition of the scenes that's strange.

Tonight we have S3E3, Cairds, which is the first Still Game episode I saw and still, for my money, the best.

There are few things I’ve seen less than this episode, it’s an absolute masterpiece.

“Aw Joe, no the watch.”

Pretty much a perfect 30 mins of TV. For some reason, I just love Isa and her sandwich platter. Reminds me of so many family do's at my aunt and uncles. My Aunt Mary always made the best suppers. Sausage rolls, cocktail sticks with sausage, cheese and onion, sandwiches, choccy biccies. I was always dead jealous of my cousins coz they'd get these awesome suppers every night while I was lucky to get a bit of roasted cheese most times. It wasn't until shockingly recently, like when I was in my late thirties, that I realized that the only reason Aunt Mary made these wonderful suppers was because we were visiting. Most nights, my cousins would get hee-haw. Mind = blown.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2018 at 16:46, Highland Capital said:

I was speaking about Still Game to a guy at work (since left) a few months back.  He said - and I quote - "Methadone Mick is the best ever Still Game Character."

Looking forward to the communal head's gone when the Beeb announce the Methadone Mick spin-off series, the first episode of which will probably have bigger ratings than any Still Game episode.

I fucking detest people.

Looking forward to the communal head's gone when the Beeb announce the Methadone Mick spin-off series, the first episode of which will probably have bigger ratings than any Still Game episode.
I fucking detest people.
that would make me torch bbc scotlands studio's to the ground. hes an awful character.

pete the jakey all the way!

• 4 weeks later...

I've carried on watching. S4 was the first I saw as it was first shown and after that I always had it in my head that it went a bit pish after that. I watched the first episode of series six last night. The bit where Isa's on the park bench trying to be pals with the old guy who starts having a w**k ended me.