Still Game & Best Bits

smpar

Big Innes lives way up north. What sort of mad vehicle does he have that can cover hundreds of miles in under an hour?

You seen the size of him? He wouldn't need a vehicle. Couple of hundred strides. Nae bother.

Even Miss Hoolie couldn't save Mick's scenes, why are they persisting with this character???

A couple of good belly laughs at Winston and Navid, but a fair few other good guffaws as well, Boabies warm-up, Isa's wonder save behind the bar, Jack getting a drink of water from Boabie, but if more scenes were given to the gang rather than Mick it would have been better, not as bad as Citizen Kahn or OAE but definitely the weakest one of the series so far!!!

Two questions, the old boy from the Claymore Bar team who did the talking, that was TV John wasn't it and where are those steps they ran up, think I've actually been up them but can't remember where they are???

1 hour ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Harsh red card.

Yeah. He clearly got the ball.

Mick needs to go. He adds nothing to the show and tonight's episode could easily have been aired without his scenes and nobody would have noticed. Added nothing to the actual storyline itself.

Heart attack of Midlothian and Stroke City made me chuckle.

Winston hasn’t lost it. Jack and Victor seem a bit tamer this season though...How old’s Tam’s baby now? And where’s his librarian wife? 

Oh aye and I was genuinely waiting on mick saying “whaur’s the burds?” At some point. Gringey pish, get him punted..

Edited by Wardy

Was pretty brutal tonight.  Whilst his appearance did have me laughing, it seemed rather odd that after eight series  Navid all of a sudden was being quoted as a hardman.

As some have said on here, maybe it is because there was such a gap between the sixth and seventh series we're being a tad dramatic regarding how good it is/was but I have noticed little things are starting to bug me now.  Boaby being the only member of staff in a boozer was a lot more noticeable tonight, along with a group of Glaswegian pensioners having no idea who Don Revie was, irked me a lot more than it should.

Really really poor tonight. Only laugh for me was when the walking Football was being explained to J&V. It for people who can’t run around anymore but are still competitive. Isn’t that dominoes?

8 hours ago, King Kebab said:

and where are those steps they ran up, think I've actually been up them but can't remember where they are???

Park St/Park Terrace leading to Park Circus.

They are not friendly to the more mature p&b r.

As mentioned numerous times above the only funny parts came from Navid (on screen for about 6 seconds) and Winston.  The stair montage was fantastic and his leg being sent flying had me chuckling.  Also the team naming was well done but other than that I felt the writing was poor.  Jack & Victor are also much more reserved - in the other pub when they were picking a time I was just waiting on a "oh for fu" from Victor but it never came :( 

However they really need to get rid of Methadone Mick.  He's an awful character - I don't get what's funny about him? The whole interview scenes I just staring at the screen in disbelief.  A junkie on his knees pretending to be a dog lifting his leg to pish against a chair - what sort of braindead idiot finds that funny?  They could have skipped that whole scene and just made him the mascot and none of us would have batted an eyelid.  Hell you could have just had him answering the questions badly and then revealing he was the only applicant without him having to fanny about sniffing the ground.

Literally could’ve included Methadone mick at the start speaking to boaby and ended it there.

Then at the end after they won, have him do that dug shagging thing and the head fall off.

I could’ve accepted Mick having that. None of this interview rubbish, or his parts on the sideline

23 minutes ago, Albertlegend said:

The worrying thing is that Twitter is full of people gushing  that Methadone Mick is hilarious and that was one of the best Still Games ever! 

There's probably more people saying they hated the episode though and that they wish Mick wouldn't be seen again. Agreed though there are a worrying number of people who think Mick is the star of the show.

Winston lifting his shirt over his head after scoring had me in stitches. More so cause its something you know his character would do rather than the act itself. He carried that episode last night and has been brilliant in the other 2 too.