St Johnstone v Celtic

With the league being won this match is a bit of a dead rubber. The Saints need 1pt to guarantee 4th spot in the league and the financial reward that comes with it, but other than that there is nothing to play for.

With that in mind, I'm hoping that Ronny makes some changes & gives Ryan Christie & Scott Allan a start.

Not sure what to expect from this match. With the league being won, the pressure might be off & we might play better. Then again....it could be a case of downing tools.

Gonna go for a 2-0 win for the CHAMPIONS!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If its anything like the 0-0 last year then things will be grand. Have a vague amount of confidence we might actually win this, especially with the team firing again. Its a shame Fisher misses out though.

With that in mind, I'm hoping that Ronny makes some changes & gives Ryan Christie & Scott Allan a start.

Agreed. I'll be baffled if he serves us up with Armstrong again.

Give these lads some game time.

Deila has been very stubborn with his 'football philosophy' at the expense of blooding a few players through the team.

When he departs, I for one, will be glad to see us adopt a more flexible approach to games, or heaven forbid... a plan B!

Agreed. I'll be baffled if he serves us up with Armstrong again.

Give these lads some game time.

Deila has been very stubborn with his 'football philosophy' at the expense of blooding a few players through the team.

When he departs, I for one, will be glad to see us adopt a more flexible approach to games, or heaven forbid... a plan B!

His comments about Allan not fitting into his style of play are baffling to say the least. Why sign him then? Or did he not sign him???

His comments about Allan not fitting into his style of play are baffling to say the least. Why sign him then? Or did he not sign him???

His comments are embarrassing. For any young talent wanting to make a name for themselves at Celtic, they'd think twice about signing, in the hope of fitting into his ridged system.

His comments are embarrassing. For any young talent wanting to make a name for themselves at Celtic, they'd think twice about signing, in the hope of fitting into his ridged system.

Not really when he'll be out the door in a few weeks with a legacy as an embarrassing failure.

FFS wake up

Young players are only signing for the money. They couldnt give a fùck about playing or Celtic.

Not really when he'll be out the door in a few weeks with a legacy as an embarrassing failure.

News to me, when did this happen??

FFS wake up

Young players are only signing for the money. They couldnt give a fùck about playing or Celtic.

Before you leap in with both feet. Making a name for yourself at Celtic is just a byproduct.

To progress and earn more money, you do actually need to get off the bench. What I'm saying is, I'll be glad to see the back of Deila.

Ya coupla angry fermers!

News to me, when did this happen??

Before you leap in with both feet. Making a name for yourself at Celtic is just a byproduct.

To progress and earn more money, you do actually need to get off the bench. What I'm saying is, I'll be glad to see the back of Deila.

Ya coupla angry fermers!

Nothing to do with Deila and im certainly not angry!

More amused that you think young Scottish players are joining Celtic to play football

But by overloading the squad we'll now have to clear some of the squad to make way for new signings...& given the lucrative contracts some will be on in comparison to their talents, that could prove both costly & difficult.

But by overloading the squad we'll now have to clear some of the squad to make way for new signings...& given the lucrative contracts some will be on in comparison to their talents, that could prove both costly & difficult.

Hopefully.

That's not what Greenlantern was on about though. He was rambling on about Deila's system putting prospective young signings off.

Midfields virtually been confirmed as 

Wotherspoon - Brown - Craig - Swanson

As Millar, Davidson and Lappin are all ruled out. Alongside Mackay, Thomson and Fisher. We're down to sixteen senior players. Assume the loanees can't come back and go straight into our team again?

Midfields virtually been confirmed as

Wotherspoon - Brown - Craig - Swanson

As Millar, Davidson and Lappin are all ruled out. Alongside Mackay, Thomson and Fisher. We're down to sixteen senior players. Assume the loanees can't come back and go straight into our team again?

Dundee Utd have played returning loanees to good effect.

Saints should too IMO

Dundee Utd have played returning loanees to good effect.

Saints should too IMO

Even with the points deduction we'd still finish above you....

I love this time of the season tbh, get to see all the youth players trying to step up. Hoping we get another glimpse of Greg Hurst, while we'll need to put a midfielder on the bench, so you'd assume it would be McCawl.

Just checked there and McCawl will be on the bench.

Archived