Always been my impression of it. Despicable scumbags refusing to respect a silence on the basis of political views they know f**k all about led us to this applause nonsense. (Both sides as bad as eachother but im afraid Celtic have to be singled out based on what I've witnessed at TFS in the past)

All for fans organising in game applause/songs whatever, but the respectful gesture for me before KO is a silence. Never seen anyone bursting into respectful applause at a funeral, or any other sort of memorial

Wasn't the applause a foreign way of showing respect that we adopted in the UK. Pretty sure the Italians have done this for a long time, I remember watching a European tie years ago where a UK team had a minute silence and the opposition fans applauded instead.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't the applause a foreign way of showing respect that we adopted in the UK. Pretty sure the Italians have done this for a long time, I remember watching a European tie years ago where a UK team had a minute silence and the opposition fans applauded instead.

I think a minutes applause is used as a celebration of some ones life 

Minutes silence and applause was impeccably observed at Broadwood on Tuesday night and brilliant agaim tonight from the Falkirk fans.

All the best in the final lads. Friends with a few Killie fans but fancy you lot to go up and deservedly so after this season

Archived