Weekend in Dundee

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Visited 172@Caird for lunch today. Have to say i was very impressed with it

Heard good things but can't find a website for it only a Facebook page.

Surprised a new restaurant hasn't gone to the bother of having a website.

Heard good things but can't find a website for it only a Facebook page.

Surprised a new restaurant hasn't gone to the bother of having a website.

Yeah, just checked that. Bit strange. Worth having a look on tripadvisor for reviews and pictures

Going by this thread Dundee appears to have a very good selection of eating places. Over 50 posts and I dont think anybody has disagreed over any of the restaurants mentioned.

Guest bernardblack

Jack and Jones is great, same chefs as rancho pancho I believe.

Ahhh, this makes a lot of sense!!

Has anyone mentioned Oshibori yet?

Going by this thread Dundee appears to have a very good selection of eating places. Over 50 posts and I dont think anybody has disagreed over any of the restaurants mentioned.

It has. There are also alot of excellent places in the surrounding areas. Monifieth, Broughty Ferry and Arbroath all have some excellent restaurants.

• 2 months later...
On Sunday, May 08, 2016 at 17:45, Deefiant said:

If your looking to impress then castle hill or d'arcy Thompson.

Had haggis balls and steak at D'arcy Thompson tonight - absolutely spot on. Have a greenie on me, chief. 

The Caird is indeed sensational, best food I've had in Dundee.

Only just pips Oshibori though

Not actually been to the Caird yet because I've been working up near Inverness; been wanting to go for ages though. Sort of food is it? Gastro-pub-esque or a fancy affair?

On 17/05/2016 at 21:22, supermik said:

It also suggests that the Dundee based PnBers are a sophisticated bunch. Most Dundonians that I know personally are inverted snobs who wouldn't be seen dead in D'Arcy Thompson but would far rather go to Kingsway Farm for some microwaved lasagne.

Guest bernardblack

Not actually been to the Caird yet because I've been working up near Inverness; been wanting to go for ages though. Sort of food is it? Gastro-pub-esque or a fancy affair?

It's almost in between.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bernardblack
Where's decent in the centre for a beer/cocktail with the wife?

Plenty of places. Jam Jar/Malmaison will get a decent cocktail but will also destroy your wallet.

Beer places, if you're looking for variety of recommend Drouthies or Dukes if with the missus.

20 minutes ago, Stuarty said:

Where's decent in the centre for a beer/cocktail with the wife?

Swerve Malmaison, as it will take you an age to get served, even if it isn't busy. JamJar is the place to go for cocktails, but it is pricey as has already been stated. 

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Stay far, far away from The Beer Kitchen. Dreadful place that they've completely misjudged

How come? Only been once, but it seemed decent. Although nearly a fiver for poutine is a bit silly. 

Archived