Cowdenbeath FC 2016/ 2017

Its strange how some players seem to hopeless then go to another club and it clicks for them, hopefully same will happen with Caldwell as happened with Robert Thomson released by Dundee Utd & Dunfermline came to Brechin had a really quiet start then all of a sudden he starts scoring goals and probably finished the season the most improved player in the league

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do you care?

Probably he is concerned that his club is signing our dross from last season.

It certainly wouldn't excite me as a Brechin fan but in their fairness Dods may get the best out of Caldwell better than Nish did we have witnessed that ourselves under Cameron not playing Stewart

Why do you care?

I find it funny that your mob are slating Caldwell as an awful signing but replaced him with Kris fucking Renton. :lol:

There's a reason why he plummeted to juniors after his spell at Brechin and hasn't returned to the seniors since.

Its strange how some players seem to hopeless then go to another club and it clicks for them, hopefully same will happen with Caldwell as happened with Robert Thomson released by Dundee Utd & Dunfermline came to Brechin had a really quiet start then all of a sudden he starts scoring goals and probably finished the season the most improved player in the league

Thomson wasn't ever regarded as hopeless by Dunfermline, he wasn't brilliant but he was alright, was obvious he needed to beef up and get some gametime for his development.

Likewise not being regarded as good enough by a team that would've won the league if it wasn't for Rangers is a different prospect to one who is deemed hopeless by a Cowdenbeath side who were by there own admission, fairly shit last year.

I find it funny that your mob are slating Caldwell as an awful signing but replaced him with Kris fucking Renton. :lol:

There's a reason why he plummeted to juniors after his spell at Brechin and hasn't returned to the seniors since.

We can only comment on what we know and Caldwell was atrocious.

We will note your criticism of Renton and see for ourselves in due course.

I've never seen Kris Renton play so I value your opinion on him. I think maybe you could value our opinion on Caldwell. He is s***e.

Before Lewis Spence went to Brechin on loan he wanted to come to Cowden. Nish said to his agent we had enough midfielders and wasn't interested.

Great

Lewis Spence played a huge part in the Brechin revival. Therefore a huge part in us going down.

And there is a reason why Caldwell is now playing in League Two and played for various clubs without being a success since he left Hibs.

Whoops school boy error it was a typing error honest 😂

Actually even worse signing a player who has never been good in League One.

He was excellent for Morton when they won this league. So that's a lot of shite. :lol:

He was excellent for Morton when they won this league. So that's a lot of shite. :lol:

17 appearances and 4 goals with Morton nothing great

Dods may however get Caldwell playing better than he did with us.

His attitude and application appeared to be abysmal playing for Cowden and another Big I am. Glad to be rid of him as I want players who put in a shift and not turning up for a pee about

Goodluck with him

Cowden should try sign finn graham. Local lad was at townies was their U20 Player of the year and went to Berwick and may be wrong but won their player of the year or was close. He was offered to Nish last season... hes a centre mid.

Signed for Brechin

What relevance does that have? He's not scored goals anywhere other than at junior level and was one of the worst players I've seen in a Brechin shirt.

Sorry for being so vague.

His pedigree is English championship/premiership (Norwich). Caldwell's is SFL (Hibs).

Calling him excellent for Morton is some hefty hyperbole aswell, had a cracking start, scored 4 goals in his first seven games.

Didn't score a single goal in his remaining ten games and was promptly released by Morton

4 goals in 17 games isn't excellent.

Archived