Cowdenbeath FC 2016/ 2017

Take it he didn't do well at Cowden then? I recall him being very good for Morton and not too bad for Ayr.

Genuinely poor poor player. Hes one of these reputation players I think. Just a name but when it boils down to it he is so rank. One of Nishs worst when we ideally needed smith replaced he replaced him with caldwell.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We close to signing anyone or are we starting pre-season with a 5 a side team?

It's still early yet. Competition for contracts will hopefully bring some decent players into the market at the level Cowdenbeath can afford. I'll also accept quality we can afford over quantity for making up numbers. There are also a few younger players who could make the grade with the right encouragement and coaching.

We close to signing anyone or are we starting pre-season with a 5 a side team?

On the official site it said something about the manager being in advanced talks with a number of players.  Mullen being one obviously so hopefully we hear something soon.  

Genuinely poor poor player. Hes one of these reputation players I think. Just a name but when it boils down to it he is so rank. One of Nishs worst when we ideally needed smith replaced he replaced him with caldwell.

Like I said I recall Morton fans raving about him and although not a regular at Ayr seemed to do ok for them. Sounds like he just needs a kick up the arse

Like I said I recall Morton fans raving about him and although not a regular at Ayr seemed to do ok for them. Sounds like he just needs a kick up the arse

Needs more than a kick. He's lost it (if he ever had it). Poor signing for Brechin & I'm sure Cowden fans will be happy he's off. He's a mini Derek Riordan except not as good.

Don't see why Dougie coming back would be such a surprise. He can't have many other options without having to travel further. Maybe Edinburgh City will splash the cash on him.

Dougie going to cowden is 100% not going to happen. He's rejected Alloa, well not rejected but has the offer on hold as he wants to play championship football & he is in talks with a few championship clubs atm.

Kris Renton from newtongrange?

Going back a bit, but he has this bit of fame if it still stands? Made his debut in 2–1 win against Leicester City on 14th April 2007, making him the youngest ever player to appear for Norwich City. 

Archived