Cowdenbeath FC 2016/ 2017

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think you've miles off with Alloa possibly being relegated. They've made some good signings already for next season and with Spence will easily be up the top end of the table.  They'll probably be on my long shot accumulator at the start of the season to win the league!

You were the one who did! :lol::unsure:

Clearly said that they have made some good signings and with the addition of Spence will help them be up the top.  Are you saying that signing a player who almost scored 20 goals in a relegated side isn't going to do well at a team with a better midfield than we had?

Well that's the third one I thought would be gone. Losing confidence now.

Pat will be a back up and nothing more.  Again if he's on cheap wages as the past couple of seasons then I'd no issue with him.  As long as he is back up!

Who were the other 2?  Johnston I guess. Miller?  I'm quite happy with Miller signing on. He'll be back to full fitness for the new season and I'd have him starting most weeks.

Pat will be a back up and nothing more.  Again if he's on cheap wages as the past couple of seasons then I'd no issue with him.  As long as he is back up!

Who were the other 2?  Johnston I guess. Miller?  I'm quite happy with Miller signing on. He'll be back to full fitness for the new season and I'd have him starting most weeks.

If Miller could regain the form he had a couple of seasons back OK, but he was poor last season before he got injured.

As regards CJ, I still cannot believe it. Feel for the guy, he is keen, just isn't a footballer.

If Miller could regain the form he had a couple of seasons back OK, but he was poor last season before he got injured.

As regards CJ, I still cannot believe it. Feel for the guy, he is keen, just isn't a footballer.

I still remember him coming on at Tynecastle the 5-1 loss a couple of seasons ago.  Think he touched the ball twice and both times he miscontrolled it!  I've not been overly impressed with him but possibly League 2 will be his level.  I doubt it admittedly!

Well that's the third one I thought would be gone. Losing confidence now.

Give the boys a break not even kicked a ball and your losing confidence Liam has a hard job to build a team we just have to start with what is left am sure Liam will strive to bring out the best in his players some players react better to different managers let's wait till we start kicking a ball before you lose confidence Mon the beath only way is up

My point is that Alloa shouldn't automatically be assumed to be top half because of signing the Messiah Spence.

Thats a ridiculous statement mate. They said with the recruitment in a whole & the manager we will be up there. Alloa fans have still got their feet on the ground and not going out saying we will win the league. We know it'll still be tough even with such a positive start in the market.

Give the boys a break not even kicked a ball and your losing confidence Liam has a hard job to build a team we just have to start with what is left am sure Liam will strive to bring out the best in his players some players react better to different managers let's wait till we start kicking a ball before you lose confidence Mon the beath only way is up

Thats a ridiculous statement mate. They said with the recruitment in a whole & the manager we will be up there. Alloa fans have still got their feet on the ground and not going out saying we will win the league. We know it'll still be tough even with such a positive start in the market.

Thought this was a cowden thread??????!!!!! Don't give a toss for alloa Spence gone let's forget move on Mon the beath only way is up

Spence is fine if someone does the work for him and sets up the chances. He will stick them away. Otherwise, he isn't anything special.

I am sure the Fox will have some players in mind.

We should support all the players who want to play for Cowden and most importantly be behind the new management team. Confidence understandably was sadly lacking for large chunks of the season and we need to show some encouragement especially at this time.

Don't think they will win the league especially when Airdrie going Full time and with Livingston being Full Time.

Think Alloa might get a shock to system when they go down. Airdrie ( my team) and Livvi being full time and Peterhead always been their or abouts and stranrear who have some really good players in Malcolm and Gibson who will be match for anyone in the league. I fancy Alloa be midtable.

The manager will bring the best out of the players but the squad we had last season wasn't good enough. The football we had to watch was terrible at times.We can't afford to sign bench warmers anymore.

The manager will bring the best out of the players but the squad we had last season wasn't good enough. The football we had to watch was terrible at times.We can't afford to sign bench warmers anymore.

I agree the football (if you could call that dross fitba ) was dire last season due to the managers tactics or should I say lack of tactics I am sure it will be different under Liam some player gave up last season and got away with it I am sure the will be no hiding place this season .

I don't think Liam will have lots of money to spend on players but I am sure he will do well

I agree the football (if you could call that dross fitba ) was dire last season due to the managers tactics or should I say lack of tactics I am sure it will be different under Liam some player gave up last season and got away with it I am sure the will be no hiding place this season .I don't think Liam will have lots of money to spend on players but I am sure he will do well

One thing is for sure, with Hearts prying eyes watching his every move, Liam is bound to bring some professionalism to the club. Something that was lacking in the two previous seasons.

One thing is for sure, with Hearts prying eyes watching his every move, Liam is bound to bring some professionalism to the club. Something that was lacking in the two previous seasons.

This. Very much looking forward to next season now. Didn't expect that a couple of weeks ago.

Archived