Cowdenbeath FC 2016/ 2017

Full times not all its cracked up to be. He's a plumber so will be on a decent wage coupled with what he earns PT from football that's maybe more than he would have earned at Dunfermline.

Cowdenbeath's almost on his doorstep as he lives in Fife so maybe he just wants somewhere local and not having to travel a long way a couple of times a week for training.

would say your spot on about this. Cowdenbeath probably upped his wage a bit and the lad seems happy to be there - not much difference in the two leagues tbh so he's hardly dropping down a massive level. Rovers offered the lad a deal also I'm lead to believe.  

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish him all the very best did a great job for us last season  & can fully understand him wanting to play at a higher level with a club fairly local that he knows. Best of luck Grieg & thanks for all your efforts.

chesney, on 30 May 2016 - 10:17, said:

In the paper today Greig Spence set to re-sign for this season

giphy.gif

If he is it's a big surprise. I will wait and see. Delighted if he does.

Amazing news if he has signed.  Stunned.

Spence staying would send a message out 2 rest of league

giphy.gif

Spencie has re-signed. For Alloa :)

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Full times not all its cracked up to be. He's a plumber so will be on a decent wage coupled with what he earns PT from football that's maybe more than he would have earned at Dunfermline.

Cowdenbeath's almost on his doorstep as he lives in Fife so maybe he just wants somewhere local and not having to travel a long way a couple of times a week for training.

Subsitute Alloa for Cowdenbeath on the above. I would imagine that they were able to offer a better wage and the fact that they are in a higher league and his previous connections with the Wasps swayed things.

Given their lack of goals last season they probably should have kept him. Good luck to him anyway it was probably always a long shot on us getting him and I was surprised reading it in the Courier. 

Never wise to put too much faith in a story from the Daily Record.

And the Courier it seems!

If I was Alloa I wouldn't get too excited about Spence yes he is a cracking player as we saw last season and was part of the League One team of the year which was well deserved.

However all of the above counted for nothing and we still got relegated and the same could happen to Alloa next season too

Good work though from Alloa doing a good piece of business securing Spence.

Spence seems to like the hype of everyone wants to sign me. Oh what will I do?

He would be better leaving the keyboard and hitting the gym. If he could hold the ball up better against centre halfs he would be a lot better player.

He does try hard though even if occasionally it is headless chicken stuff. Hope he does well.

Alloa a good move for him, I was surprised the townies were interested in him.

If I was Alloa I wouldn't get too excited about Spence yes he is a cracking player as we saw last season and was part of the League One team of the year which was well deserved.

However all of the above counted for nothing and we still got relegated and the same could happen to Alloa next season too

Good work though from Alloa doing a good piece of business securing Spence.

Your sounding a bit bitter there 316. They beat us to his signature time to move on, no point on dwelling.

Like said before only interested in players staying or signed for us bye Spence thanks as for new strip bit better than before

This Greig done well for us and I would have liked him to have stayed but we just have to get on with things.

Archived