Cowdenbeath FC 2016/ 2017

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Fox brings in some interesting loan players, I fancy our chances against the Townies, after we pump Inversneckie and the Arabs of course.

Any further reflections about the meeting on Thursday? Any news about plans? Any discussion about the term "Head Coach" as opposed to "Manager"? Any analysis from Jason Dair about last season? Fans "in exile" would like to know more...

Btw, with modern technology it should be comparatively easy to allow fans at a distance to participate in future "Meet the Manager" events. 

Any further reflections about the meeting on Thursday? Any news about plans? Any discussion about the term "Head Coach" as opposed to "Manager"? Any analysis from Jason Dair about last season? Fans "in exile" would like to know more...

Btw, with modern technology it should be comparatively easy to allow fans at a distance to participate in future "Meet the Manager" events. 

I thought Liam came across very well Ron he seems a young ambitious guy who wants to make his mark in management. No one asked about the term head coach same job just a different name really!

Someone asked about player fitness being lacking last season and Liam said that that wouldn't be happening this season. Also the pitch was spoken about and he said that Development League games wouldn't be taking place at Central Park.

Has been speaking to the players and as mentioned had Deano, Sives and Kyle agreeing to sign which was a good start for him 4 days into the job, he said he knew the youth set ups at the Premiership sides well with a view to getting players on loan.

Further to what you have been told on here Ron.

Liam also touched on wanting players who want to play which I thought was refreshing considering there were a few players last season who couldn't be bothered and if they don't want to play well I think he hinted that he won't be making room for these types of individuals

Also he was professional in the sense of not openly criticising Nish following a question about last season where he stated it would be wrong for him to criticise the previous regime and he is looking forward and not back.

Personally was glad to here that he wants a really fit team and the players who have signed up have been warned that they will be put through their paces in training.

All in all he seems a determined individual who wants to do well and I hope good things will come under Fox and Dair.

In terms of his footballing philosophy he likes to think of himself as an attacking coach and playing the right way although he did say you have to adapt to the game and conditions sometimes and at the end of the day he said it's the 3 points that will really count regardless on how you get them.

Further to what you have been told on here Ron.

Liam also touched on wanting players who want to play which I thought was refreshing considering there were a few players last season who couldn't be bothered and if they don't want to play well I think he hinted that he won't be making room for these types of individuals

Also he was professional in the sense of not openly criticising Nish following a question about last season where he stated it would be wrong for him to criticise the previous regime and he is looking forward and not back.

Personally was glad to here that he wants a really fit team and the players who have signed up have been warned that they will be put through their paces in training.

All in all he seems a determined individual who wants to do well and I hope good things will come under Fox and Dair.

In terms of his footballing philosophy he likes to think of himself as an attacking coach and playing the right way although he did say you have to adapt to the game and conditions sometimes and at the end of the day he said it's the 3 points that will really count regardless on how you get them.

Excellent, 316. It does sound like a needed  sea-change at CP. We may be getting a bit ahead of ourselves - after all, LM hasn't managed a club before and we don't know how it will all pan out - but put it this way: imagine the situation if CN had been kept on and was currently signing up most of the old squad, how would we be feeling right now? Pretty low, fearing another relegation, probably putting the very existence of the club at risk.

It was wise of LF not to get into criticising the old regime. If CN learns from his experience and goes on to do well, good luck to him. But Donald and the board had to draw a line. All we want now is the signing of players who want to play for the club and who will be fully fit and well organised by a good, ambitious coach who understands the modern game.

I thought Liam came across very well Ron he seems a young ambitious guy who wants to make his mark in management. No one asked about the term head coach same job just a different name really!

Someone asked about player fitness being lacking last season and Liam said that that wouldn't be happening this season. Also the pitch was spoken about and he said that Development League games wouldn't be taking place at Central Park.

Has been speaking to the players and as mentioned had Deano, Sives and Kyle agreeing to sign which was a good start for him 4 days into the job, he said he knew the youth set ups at the Premiership sides well with a view to getting players on loan.

Looking very good so far. Which Kyle has been signed up?

How is young Sneddon doing? Is he still injured?

It would be nice to see us play more attacking when we are winning. We always seem to sit too deep when we have the opportunity to finish teams off.

Fingers crossed everything goes ok for the coming season. No reason why it shouldn't.

Will Edinburgh City be our 'derby day' opponents?

How is young Sneddon doing? Is he still injured?

It would be nice to see us play more attacking when we are winning. We always seem to sit too deep when we have the opportunity to finish teams off.

Fingers crossed everything goes ok for the coming season. No reason why it shouldn't.

Will Edinburgh City be our 'derby day' opponents?

Treatment progressing well. Should be fine for pre-season.

Archived