Cowdenbeath FC 2016/ 2017

Have also been without a goalie coach for the last couple of months. I've yet to see a club visit central park without a goalie coach. Reeks of unprofessionalism.

Didn't even know Alan Fraser had left what happened to him?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was the man behind Lennon. Danny got the credit but Jenkins was doing the work.

Take him back in a heartbeat.

Aye Danny's managerial career kicked off when he had Jenkins as his assistant for his second season.  A bit of an unknown in Scottish Football but he had a decent playing career in the lower leagues down south.

Maybe Nish isn't the decent guy he appears to be? Clearly has a bit of a temper and managed to piss our best defender off enough for him to want to leave?

Eaither way, there is no chance he can be in charge next season.

Maybe Nish isn't the decent guy he appears to be? Clearly has a bit of a temper and managed to piss our best defender off enough for him to want to leave?

Eaither way, there is no chance he can be in charge next season.

Who's the best defender?

Myself included perhaps we shouldn't want a manager who has been here before maybe the club really needs a fresh start with new ideas but a manager who has really good contacts in the game and has a good influence with players plus a very hands on approach.

The point Nelly refers to is Queen's Park (amateur status) were all doing drills clearly planned at half time. Meanwhile our subs were standing chatting and occasionally shooting from miles out.

We also come out after half time and chat about something, maybe what you doing tonight mate etc? Compare with other up and coming managers like Hartley who has his 11 out for 2 mins of sharp drills to get the heart pumping before k.o. Doesn't help that we normally start the 2nd half like we are still trying to digest the kebab we scranned at half time.

The point Nelly refers to is Queen's Park (amateur status) were all doing drills clearly planned at half time. Meanwhile our subs were standing chatting and occasionally shooting from miles out.

We also come out after half time and chat about something, maybe what you doing tonight mate etc? Compare with other up and coming managers like Hartley who has his 11 out for 2 mins of sharp drills to get the heart pumping before k.o. Doesn't help that we normally start the 2nd half like we are still trying to digest the kebab we scranned at half time.

Totally agree Al it has been an absolutely unprofessional set up under Nish this season and I Just hope the board recognise that and don't bother offering him another contract.

For the majority of the season a lot of members in the squad look like they can't be bothered.

The only positives Nish has brought is recognising although Chopper will always be held in high regard he wasn't scared of getting rid of him due to his poor fitness levels and bringing in Murdoch although I would have thought Findlay may have played a part in getting him plus Smith Grant Adam,Jamie Sneddon Kerr and Sives.However everything else under him has been a complete shambles.

If Nish is talking to the press about his future at Cowden then he clearly thinks he has a chance and so the board must be contemplating an extension,  this is unbelievable considering his performance,  how many chances was he given and we still got relegated, I don't believe any other club would have been so loyal. . From what I've seen he has zero managerial talent,  no tactics,  poor decision making and poor communication,  I've heard about his team talks from several players and they've been far from inspiring, noone is going to run through brick walls for him!   It's been said before on P+B but his lack of involvement with the 20s squad is shocking,  they should be included in training at least once a week and kept involved, look at every other successful club and that's how they're run, they also tend to play the same style of football from U13s right through to the senior squad. Despite Ronnie Deilias failings he knows every single boys name and their parents in the U20's,  compare that to Nishy!

On another note, I can't believe there hasn't been an official communication from the Club.  The website is still a week behind and there's been no statement from the Chairman or board,  as such all there is rumour and conjecture based around P+B comments, surely they must have been planning for this eventuality,  the writing has been on the wall for months!  if the club wants to start afresh and be taken seriously they need to get their PR sorted as it's a joke, it doesn't cost anything to update the website or post to facebook but not doing so is unprofessional.  I mentioned it last week but the apology Livingston produced when they were turned over by Stranraer is the least we should expect but we're still waiting!

While I make no comment re relative professionalism of clubs, managers etc and CFC, I think emphasising the amateur status of QP is not a valid comparison.  QP have many advantages because of their unique situation - they have big advantages in attracting backroom staff because they play at the National Stadium and have use of all its facilities - they are an attractive option for many coaches, sports scientists, etc and the nature of the club which has strong links with educational and sporting bodies

While I make no comment re relative professionalism of clubs, managers etc and CFC, I think emphasising the amateur status of QP is not a valid comparison. QP have many advantages because of their unique situation - they have big advantages in attracting backroom staff because they play at the National Stadium and have use of all its facilities - they are an attractive option for many coaches, sports scientists, etc and the nature of the club which has strong links with educational and sporting bodies

I know, just seemed ironic an amateur team were more professional. Of course it's just a technicality that their status is such.

The amateur status of QP has been a joke for many years. Not that it makes any difference.

Well since they had a full time professional on loan from a Premiership club you have to question how amateur they are!

On another note, I can't believe there hasn't been an official communication from the Club.  The website is still a week behind and there's been no statement from the Chairman or board,  as such all there is rumour and conjecture based around P+B comments, surely they must have been planning for this eventuality,  the writing has been on the wall for months!  if the club wants to start afresh and be taken seriously they need to get their PR sorted as it's a joke, it doesn't cost anything to update the website or post to facebook but not doing so is unprofessional.  I mentioned it last week but the apology Livingston produced when they were turned over by Stranraer is the least we should expect but we're still waiting!

I believe that the club will be having a board meeting this week and would imagine that the chairman or directors will put out a statement after that.

The people who help out with the website/twitter/facebook are volunteers who also have full time jobs to do so a bit hard to have a go at them especially as they can't comment on what is happening until they are told!

The current set of directors are probably the most open set of directors in the SPFL regarding what happens at the club you just have to read the programme to see that with fortnightly updates giving an update on things.

Aye Danny's managerial career kicked off when he had Jenkins as his assistant for his second season. A bit of an unknown in Scottish Football but he had a decent playing career in the lower leagues down south.

Jenks is Chester City legend. Great guy would be a good appointment.

Archived