Cowdenbeath FC 2016/ 2017

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting thread on Kickback re Fox. Some saying Hearts to use Cowden as 'feeder' club and Fox to cut his managerial teeth at CP with a view to future coaching/management position with Hearts first team. All conjecture at this stage of course.

The very thought crossed my mind when the Fox was first mentioned. We will have a maroon third kit next season (released of course as a classic replica of one of our first strips). Conspiracy theorists may think that this relegation was all planned to make it easier for the Fox to kick off this grand plan. What odds on us for the title next season? Bet Levein has lumped on already.

With the new work started on the pitch, is it possible to get the pitch nice and flat without a total overhaul? It always seems to have a ridge down the centre.

Bookies update : Fox and Jenkins in a two horse race, with Fox still the favourite. More exciting than the cup final.

Either one looks like a decent appointment. Both experienced and highly rated coaches who understand the modern game.(I'm glad we don't seem to be going down the dinosaur route.) The advantage of Fox is that he would probably get us some loans from Hearts; the advantage of Jenks is that he knows Central Park, and knows from the inside what it takes to win promotion in the lower leagues.

Our problem as a club is that we want the new manager to win promotion right away, but we have a very small budget to recruit a new boss and bring decent players in. I'd imagine Jenkins will be on a good wage as an SFA coach. Pity we missed out on Brendan Rogers.

We can't go backwards and look to reappoint an ex-manager. We need to get someone new into the club with fresh ideas.

Agree with part of this but although he would not be my first choice (would love it to be Ian Murray)he has had success at this level, worked with some of the players and is dedicated to working with the youths and may get Robbo back.

Don't think he will get the job though.

Archived