Cowdenbeath FC 2016/ 2017

There's a board meeting later in the week so I'm sure we'll be more aware of what's happening in the coming week.

As somebody who has only made 3 games this season (lucky b*****d eh?) I don't really feel like I can comment on some of the players as I've not seen them enough.  That said....

KEEP/PLEASE DON'T LEAVE US - Sneddon/Brett/Sives/Spence

PUNT - everybody else :lol:

The only players that I'm not sure on would be Kyle Miller who is a handy player to have and El-Zuabdi who was a standout for Arbroath in League 2 a couple of seasons ago. Will be good to see players like Harvey Swann get more game time next season.  Adamson needs to up his game as well as he's been pretty poor for about 3 seasons now.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a board meeting later in the week so I'm sure we'll be more aware of what's happening in the coming week.

As somebody who has only made 3 games this season (lucky b*****d eh?) I don't really feel like I can comment on some of the players as I've not seen them enough.  That said....

KEEP/PLEASE DON'T LEAVE US - Sneddon/Brett/Sives/Spence

The only players that I'm not sure on would be Kyle Miller who is a handy player to have and El-Zuabdi who was a standout for Arbroath in League 2 a couple of seasons ago. Will be good to see players like Harvey Swann get more game time next season.  Adamson needs to up his game as well as he's been pretty poor for about 3 seasons now.

Can't fault Adam, but probably costs too much.

Most of the released players will have to go to lower league football to get a regular game, just not good enough.

But the manager's situation will have to be sorted quickly.

Can't fault Adam, but probably costs too much.

Most of the released players will have to go to lower league football to get a regular game, just not good enough.

But the manager's situation will have to be sorted quickly.

I think if you've got a fully fit Sneddon then you don't need Adam. He won't want to be a sub.

Chris Kane for player manager?

I think if you've got a fully fit Sneddon then you don't need Adam. He won't want to be a sub.

Chris Kane for player manager?

Non-footballers have been successful managers in the past. Kane certainly falls into that category.

A bit of realisation is a must. We will have even less money now and if nish goes. I wouldnt expect any miracle managers coming in like a danny lennon or an ian murray. Players wise certain players who maybe not deemed good enough may be good enough and value for money wise may be ok.

Im thinking of mo yaqub/zubaidi etc..

massive rebuild regardless of what happens. 

P.S NISH CAN GET TO f**k.

As somebody who has only made 3 games this season (lucky b*****d eh?) I don't really feel like I can comment on some of the players as I've not seen them enough. That said....

KEEP/PLEASE DON'T LEAVE US - Sneddon/Brett/Sives/Spence

The only players that I'm not sure on would be Kyle Miller who is a handy player to have and El-Zuabdi who was a standout for Arbroath in League 2 a couple of seasons ago. Will be good to see players like Harvey Swann get more game time next season. Adamson needs to up his game as well as he's been pretty poor for about 3 seasons now.

I'd try and keep Kerr as well but realistically in that list we only have a hope of keeping Sneddon.

I'd try and keep Kerr as well but realistically in that list we only have a hope of keeping Sneddon.

I forgot all about Kerr!  There's little chance we'll have him next season.  Even if we'd stayed up I expected him to leave.

Nish insists he's the man to get us to bounce straight back up according to the courier and has ideas that will get us of to a progressive start?

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-league-1/169084/nish-insists-hes-the-man-who-can-help-blue-brazilbounce-straight-back/

f**k Nish. Get him sacked. Win't be watching another season of his one up front long ball shite.

Nish insists he's the man to get us to bounce straight back up according to the courier and has ideas that will get us of to a progressive start?

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-league-1/169084/nish-insists-hes-the-man-who-can-help-blue-brazilbounce-straight-back/

Thought he was going to bounce us back up this season?

I appreciate that as a club we don't sack managers no matter how shit they are, but surely we don't extend their contracts.

f**k Nish. Get him sacked. Win't be watching another season of his one up front long ball shite.

He's obviously thinking about his own reputation and career to redeem himself without perhaps thinking of the impact another poor season with the club could have. As one would as I am sure he is genuinely dissapointed on where we find ourselves.

Hope the board will see through it this time though as he had a whole season to prove himself.Would be very interested to hear what these progressive ideas are.

I wouldn't be prepared to play Russian roulette with the future of the club on Nish's ambitions

He's obviously thinking about his own reputation and career to redeem himself without perhaps thinking of the impact another poor season with the club could have. As one would as I am sure he is genuinely dissapointed on where we find ourselves.

Hope the board will see through it this time though as he had a whole season to prove himself.Would be very interested to hear what these progressive ideas are.

I wouldn't be prepared to play Russian roulette with the future of the club on Nish's ambitions

I'm sure Nish is genuinely disappointed, but I think it's time for a change at the club. JN brought Nish to the club and it hasn't worked on or off the park. Need to start from scratch again. Keeping Nish on could prove divisive!

Show me the positives or show me the reasoning for keeping nish on. Stability is not a factor as we will lose the squad most likely anyway. As for Spences comments in the papers about certain players not being up for it or whatever the comments are (basically backing nish) that proves how bad the management and amateurish nature of our players were.

Me and Big al watched our subs "warm" up at half time by taking shots from halfway line. We are run poorly on the field and training wise. It dont cost much to have drills in place and a professional approach to games/during games and after games. Nish has played at loads of clubs and under loads of managers he should know how to run a team and keep people focused and driven. Again though he done neither.

A new managerial appointment will always be risky but jesus we have to sell ourselves we have a good reputation for churning out players/managers so lets see applicants and take a forward thinking coach with decent contacts or decent knowledge of Lower Leagues/Lowland leagues + U21 Football. Someone with authority and professionalism.

Sorry but nish doesnt stick out as having either.

What's the 3rd division? It no longer exists. You should know that, as it was the first trophy your young club won.

Haha, sorry the league 2 then. "First trophy your young club won" what do you mean I support Broxburn, don't think for my last 35 year following them they have played in the professional leagues unless I've been missing something....

Show me the positives or show me the reasoning for keeping nish on. Stability is not a factor as we will lose the squad most likely anyway. As for Spences comments in the papers about certain players not being up for it or whatever the comments are (basically backing nish) that proves how bad the management and amateurish nature of our players were.

Me and Big al watched our subs "warm" up at half time by taking shots from halfway line. We are run poorly on the field and training wise. It dont cost much to have drills in place and a professional approach to games/during games and after games. Nish has played at loads of clubs and under loads of managers he should know how to run a team and keep people focused and driven. Again though he done neither.

A new managerial appointment will always be risky but jesus we have to sell ourselves we have a good reputation for churning out players/managers so lets see applicants and take a forward thinking coach with decent contacts or decent knowledge of Lower Leagues/Lowland leagues + U21 Football. Someone with authority and professionalism.

Sorry but nish doesnt stick out as having either.

Have also been without a goalie coach for the last couple of months. I've yet to see a club visit central park without a goalie coach. Reeks of unprofessionalism.

The "system" we played all season was a hoof up the park to Spence who was usually surrounded by bigger defenders. Might have worked if we'd had a 6'4" striker to help Spence out. But to play like that all season, creating nothing ourselves and hoping for opposition defenders to make a mistake, was a disgrace. The writing was on the wall after the first few games of the season. I'm sure if we'd had someone else in charge of the same players we'd have been nowhere near the relegation zone.

Archived