Cowdenbeath FC 2016/ 2017

Jenks is Chester City legend. Great guy would be a good appointment.

I know he is that's why I mentioned he had a good lower league career in England but mostly unheard of up here apart from a short spell with Dundee United.

I imagine if he had moved back down south he would have found it easier to get a managers job.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just stumbled across a tweet from Flamingo two days ago with a plea to our club to bring him out of retirement and that he would even play for free even adding # love the club.

He was certainly a character and a bit of a lad but love him or hate him he had a big heart for the club and played for the jersey and at this level with a club he appeared to enjoy he might not be a bad shout as back up or rotational especially if willing to play for free

Haha, sorry the league 2 then. "First trophy your young club won" what do you mean I support Broxburn, don't think for my last 35 year following them they have played in the professional leagues unless I've been missing something....

Good on you then.

Greig Spence in The Sun yesterday said..

I think some boys, all season, have not taken it as seriously as others.

“I don’t think the gaffer has the problem. His hands have been tied because he had to throw a team together on peanuts last summer but I think he’s been excellent.

“Some of his decisions have kept us battling.

“I know some fans aren’t happy but if they can look deeper, he’s not the problem.

“I’ve worked with five or six managers and he’s the best.

“He’s an excellent young manager who has been let down by a lot of boys.

“I don’t think the gaffer has the problem. His hands have been tied because he had to throw a team together on peanuts last summer but I think he’s been excellent.

“I know some fans aren’t happy but if they can look deeper, he’s not the problem.

Greig Spence now becomes Rie's second favourite player of all time.

Some of his decisions left us battling.. Aye battling to survive because we are in league 2. How can some players not take their football seriously that is just crazy. Its obvious there was problems with attitude and that all boils down to Nish its HIS TEAM... If that statement doesnt leave alarm bills ringing dont know what will. As for the players who havent taken it seriously as others they should be punted.

I wouldn't take Greigs words too seriously.  Of course Nish will be his favourite manager - in his whole career he has never had a season where he has started more than 22 matches until this season when he started 35.

Obviously a manager who has faith in his striker and plays him every week will be favoured!

Fucking hell. Even the Cowdenbeath players have nothing but contempt for the fans. Can't even be arsed giving it their all.

Fucking hell. Even the Cowdenbeath players have nothing but contempt for the fans. Can't even be arsed giving it their all.

Will you pop down to League 2 to try and wind us up on every thread?  Will miss your attempts to rile us all up.

If Nish is talking to the press about his future at Cowden then he clearly thinks he has a chance and so the board must be contemplating an extension,  this is unbelievable considering his performance,  how many chances was he given and we still got relegated, I don't believe any other club would have been so loyal. . From what I've seen he has zero managerial talent,  no tactics,  poor decision making and poor communication,  I've heard about his team talks from several players and they've been far from inspiring, noone is going to run through brick walls for him!   It's been said before on P+B but his lack of involvement with the 20s squad is shocking,  they should be included in training at least once a week and kept involved, look at every other successful club and that's how they're run, they also tend to play the same style of football from U13s right through to the senior squad. Despite Ronnie Deilias failings he knows every single boys name and their parents in the U20's,  compare that to Nishy!

On another note, I can't believe there hasn't been an official communication from the Club.  The website is still a week behind and there's been no statement from the Chairman or board,  as such all there is rumour and conjecture based around P+B comments, surely they must have been planning for this eventuality,  the writing has been on the wall for months!  if the club wants to start afresh and be taken seriously they need to get their PR sorted as it's a joke, it doesn't cost anything to update the website or post to facebook but not doing so is unprofessional.  I mentioned it last week but the apology Livingston produced when they were turned over by Stranraer is the least we should expect but we're still waiting!

Well that's just wrong.  Nish was probably asked what his hopes are for next season. He's hardly gonna come out in public and say "I'll probably be punted" is he?

As mentioned this is all ran by volunteers. I myself used to do the Facebook and Twitter updates but it's slipped way down my list of priorities over the last year or so due to a new job, new home and other commitments.  The other volunteers are also busy people so the online side of things maybe doesn't get updated as much as it could.

Can I also ask why people expect apologies when the team struggle?  Doesn't make any difference to me if a statement is issued saying "sorry we got humped" - people just seem to look for ways to critise a club. Maybe they are busy trying to sort things out behind the scenes for next season considering there could be a lot of change?

I dont expect an apology. I expect them to be moved on for being incompetent and poor at their jobs. manager and players wise. When one of your main players states other players didnt take things serious. I am disgusted with that attitude but to be honest spence aint saying anything that is wrong. Its there on the pitch to see. Half hearted and poor fitness etc etc. Lack of quality perhaps but lack of effort is a kick in the stones. 

Seeing Chris kane punt a ball out of play when we are 2 behind at queens and it was our throw but he did that. Seeing players so unfit. Seeing players not warming up correctly. How many times did we lose a goal in first 5-10 mins of 2nd half. Our commitment and mentality was all wrong. We lacked quality but other 2 areas are unforgiveable hence why Nish should move on as well as the majority of players.

I dont expect an apology. I expect them to be moved on for being incompetent and poor at their jobs. manager and players wise. When one of your main players states other players didnt take things serious. I am disgusted with that attitude but to be honest spence aint saying anything that is wrong. Its there on the pitch to see. Half hearted and poor fitness etc etc. Lack of quality perhaps but lack of effort is a kick in the stones. 

Seeing Chris kane punt a ball out of play when we are 2 behind at queens and it was our throw but he did that. Seeing players so unfit. Seeing players not warming up correctly. How many times did we lose a goal in first 5-10 mins of 2nd half. Our commitment and mentality was all wrong. We lacked quality but other 2 areas are unforgiveable hence why Nish should move on as well as the majority of players.

You won't find me disagreeing with any of that.

A good communication from the chairman which will address someone people's concerns on here about apologies etc

We definitely must regroup and tackle this head on.In regards to the Nish part at the end I don't think this is the chairman comments but just an add on from the times

http://m.centralfifetimes.com/news/14481824.Cowden_family_must_regroup/

Looks like your sticking with Nish surely he can only get better and hopefully he finds a gem or 2 in the junior league in you Cowden's U20 side.

EDIT re-read and agree with 316 seems to be press speculation, not that your chairman alludes to him getting punted

Looks like your sticking with Nish surely he can only get better and hopefully he finds a gem or 2 in the junior league in you Cowden's U20 side

Board meeting this week.  Just because there's not been an announcement since Saturday doesn't mean that he is guaranteed his job.

A good communication from the chairman which will address someone people's concerns on here about apologies etc

We definitely must regroup and tackle this head on.In regards to the Nish part at the end I don't think this is the chairman comments but just an add on from the times

http://m.centralfifetimes.com/news/14481824.Cowden_family_must_regroup/

got to love what Donald says sometimes, what a guy.

Correct, when Kane and CJ are first choices you have to ask what is going on.

Archived