Cowdenbeath FC 2016/ 2017

Spence seems to like the hype of everyone wants to sign me. Oh what will I do?

He would be better leaving the keyboard and hitting the gym. If he could hold the ball up better against centre halfs he would be a lot better player.

He does try hard though even if occasionally it is headless chicken stuff. Hope he does well.

Alloa a good move for him, I was surprised the townies were interested in him.

Or lifting radiators all day and doing a full shift.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you forgotten what Alloa fans were saying about him when he signed for Cowden?

Yes reaction was definitely mixed. I was in the "should have kept him" camp but I think a lot more realised it was a mistake when we scored so few last season.

However, I think we all knew (even those who were critical of him) that Greig would bang them in at League 1 level.

A couple of absolute beauties posted above.

If I was Alloa I wouldn't get too excited about Spence yes he is a cracking player as we saw last season and was part of the League One team of the year which was well deserved.

However all of the above counted for nothing and we still got relegated and the same could happen to Alloa next season too

Good work though from Alloa doing a good piece of business securing Spence.

Think you've miles off with Alloa possibly being relegated. They've made some good signings already for next season and with Spence will easily be up the top end of the table.  They'll probably be on my long shot accumulator at the start of the season to win the league!

Bunch of your fans said the same last season and look where you ended up.

Did we?  Think the majority of our support expected us to be top half while worrying that Nish wouldn't be a good appointment.

Just you continue to make stuff up in your head though.  

Think you've miles off with Alloa possibly being relegated. They've made some good signings already for next season and with Spence will easily be up the top end of the table. They'll probably be on my long shot accumulator at the start of the season to win the league!

Don't think they will win the league especially when Airdrie going Full time and with Livingston being Full Time.

Yes reaction was definitely mixed. I was in the "should have kept him" camp but I think a lot more realised it was a mistake when we scored so few last season.

However, I think we all knew (even those who were critical of him) that Greig would bang them in at League 1 level.

A couple of absolute beauties posted above.

Just a pity for us he didn't have much support for the last few months or he would have scored a lot more.

Did we? Think the majority of our support expected us to be top half while worrying that Nish wouldn't be a good appointment.

Just you continue to make stuff up in your head though.

You're denying that a lot of Cowden fans on here were talking play offs last summer?!

You're denying that a lot of Cowden fans on here were talking play offs last summer?!

Did you even read my post?  We thought we'd probably be top half but there was doubts about Nish.  I don't think many of our fans were overly surprised with how the season panned out.

Of course we aimed for play offs, why not?

Nobody said we were good though.

Mainly the rest were average so why should we not try and get 4 th with a bit of luck?

What a strange point you are failing to make.

My point is that Alloa shouldn't automatically be assumed to be top half because of signing the Messiah Spence.

I doubt any Cowden fan made that point though.  Along with their other signings I reckon they'll be up near the top of the league.  Longworth, Robertson, Taggart and Spence are all excellent signings for this level.

Archived