Cowdenbeath FC 2016/ 2017

John Collins! He is clueless in the fat sally mould. He would be one big waste of money.

Mixu must be minted by now and could do it on the cheap. He could be assistant to player manager Markus.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting interview with Jenks:

Jenkins completes performance coach line-up Tuesday, 07 August 2012

Iain Jenkins, the former Everton Academy coach and St Mirren assistant manager, is the final coach to be appointed to the Scottish FA Regional Performance School programme.

Jenkins will work with some of the country’s most promising young players at Hazlehead Academy in Aberdeen.

When the first term starts on 16 August, players at seven schools around the country will combine their football education with their normal curriculum as part of the Scottish FA’s commitment to elite player development.

Jenkins is one of seven elite performance coaches who will work in conjunction with the schools and the players’ clubs to enhance their technical skills at a key stage of their development.

He brings a wealth of experience at various levels of the game. As a player he started out at Liverpool, but crossed the divide to Everton, where he was given his debut aged 18 by The Toffees’ most successful manager, Howard Kendall. 

The Northern Ireland internationalist went on to play in the Scottish Premier League with Dundee United, in a career that also included spells at Bradford City, Chester City (twice) and Shrewsbury Town.

He started his coaching career started at the Everton Academy, working with all age groups, before being appointed youth team, and then first team, coach at Chester City. 

Following spells at Junior sides Broughty Athletic, Dundee North End and Tayport, he helped Cowdenbeath to back-to-back promotions as assistant manager. 

He then moved back to the SPL as St Mirren assistant manager, and then chief scout at Dundee United. 

Jenkins is relishing the prospect of working with some of Scotland’s best young players.

He said: “I’m looking forward to helping these young players to fulfil their potential, and hopefully go on to have careers at the top level of the game. I’m going into this role with pride and passion. I see it as putting something back into the game.

“I’ve worked as a coach at various different levels. I spent a long time at the Everton Academy and I know all about the level of commitment it takes to develop young players.

“As a coach, there are huge rewards in working with young players. You see the passion in their eyes. They turn up every day with a willingness to learn.

“Sometimes they do things that are out of the ordinary. Or they will pull off something that they have been working hard on in training, and all the time, effort and hard work is worthwhile.

“At the performance schools the players will learn a lot of things that I feel stood me in good stead. They will be learning the game, but also qualities like respect and discipline.

"They will have a lot of help and support at a key age, and they will learn from their mistakes – young players have great bouncebackability. Players are just starting to develop at that age and each one is different. They will have individual programmes to work on, and I’m looking forward to working with all of the different personalities.â€

The full line-up of elite performance coaches are:

Braidhurst High School (Motherwell) - Gordon Craig
Broughton High School (Edinburgh) - Greg Miller
Graeme High School (Falkirk) - Ian Ross
Grange Academy (Kilmarnock) - Andrew Goldie
Hazlehead Academy (Aberdeen) – Iain Jenkins
Holyrood Secondary School (Glasgow) - Brian McLaughlin
St John’s High School (Dundee) - Ray McKinnon

Interesting interview with Jenks:

Jenkins completes performance coach line-up Tuesday, 07 August 2012

Iain Jenkins, the former Everton Academy coach and St Mirren assistant manager, is the final coach to be appointed to the Scottish FA Regional Performance School programme.

Jenkins will work with some of the country’s most promising young players at Hazlehead Academy in Aberdeen.

When the first term starts on 16 August, players at seven schools around the country will combine their football education with their normal curriculum as part of the Scottish FA’s commitment to elite player development.

Jenkins is one of seven elite performance coaches who will work in conjunction with the schools and the players’ clubs to enhance their technical skills at a key stage of their development.

He brings a wealth of experience at various levels of the game. As a player he started out at Liverpool, but crossed the divide to Everton, where he was given his debut aged 18 by The Toffees’ most successful manager, Howard Kendall. 

The Northern Ireland internationalist went on to play in the Scottish Premier League with Dundee United, in a career that also included spells at Bradford City, Chester City (twice) and Shrewsbury Town.

He started his coaching career started at the Everton Academy, working with all age groups, before being appointed youth team, and then first team, coach at Chester City. 

Following spells at Junior sides Broughty Athletic, Dundee North End and Tayport, he helped Cowdenbeath to back-to-back promotions as assistant manager. 

He then moved back to the SPL as St Mirren assistant manager, and then chief scout at Dundee United. 

Jenkins is relishing the prospect of working with some of Scotland’s best young players.

He said: “I’m looking forward to helping these young players to fulfil their potential, and hopefully go on to have careers at the top level of the game. I’m going into this role with pride and passion. I see it as putting something back into the game.

“I’ve worked as a coach at various different levels. I spent a long time at the Everton Academy and I know all about the level of commitment it takes to develop young players.

“As a coach, there are huge rewards in working with young players. You see the passion in their eyes. They turn up every day with a willingness to learn.

“Sometimes they do things that are out of the ordinary. Or they will pull off something that they have been working hard on in training, and all the time, effort and hard work is worthwhile.

“At the performance schools the players will learn a lot of things that I feel stood me in good stead. They will be learning the game, but also qualities like respect and discipline.

"They will have a lot of help and support at a key age, and they will learn from their mistakes – young players have great bouncebackability. Players are just starting to develop at that age and each one is different. They will have individual programmes to work on, and I’m looking forward to working with all of the different personalities.â€

The full line-up of elite performance coaches are:

Braidhurst High School (Motherwell) - Gordon Craig

Broughton High School (Edinburgh) - Greg Miller

Graeme High School (Falkirk) - Ian Ross

Grange Academy (Kilmarnock) - Andrew Goldie

Hazlehead Academy (Aberdeen) – Iain Jenkins

Holyrood Secondary School (Glasgow) - Brian McLaughlin

St John’s High School (Dundee) - Ray McKinnon

Glaring error in the article he didn't help us to back to back promotions he was only there in Danny's 2nd season. Interesting to see Ray McKinnon on that list Willie Miller was talking about that on the radio tonight.

John Collins! He is clueless in the fat sally mould. He would be one big waste of money.

Mixu must be minted by now and could do it on the cheap. He could be assistant to player manager Markus.

I was thinking of Markus and also Tomana, he must be gearing up for his first managerial gig by now!!!

Failing either of those legends I think Fowler would be an ideal appointment mayhap Burchill, personally I wouldn't take back Lennon or Cameron, someone new with fresh ideas, definitely not another dinosaur in the Nicholl mode. But whoever the board decide is the right man has to get our full backing, at least until August anyway!!!!

Ron, of course you are championing Jenkins with great intentions, however it appears he has a better job already. Develop kids and make a real difference, way more rewarding and less stressful than managing modern day footballers.

Ron, of course you are championing Jenkins with great intentions, however it appears he has a better job already. Develop kids and make a real difference, way more rewarding and less stressful than managing modern day footballers.

Well that's two of us talking sense then. What if he could do both jobs.............

The club somebody played for is largely irrelevant - Rangers, Celtic, Brighton, Barnsley so what.

It's not the club, it's the standard of potential manager.

Regardless of who gets the job it is important we give him our full backing.

Would be great to get a manager in who is willing to really muck in and perhaps come along to the odd supporters council meeting

Looking forward to this fresh start with a hope that there is a good feeling of unity around the place again

Archived