Cowdenbeath FC 2016/ 2017

Bit harsh, he's a young boy who clearly has a learning disability.

Some people are just poor at English, but you never know their circumstances, so it is wise not to criticise unless you know for sure. They may be foreign with poor English or, as you say, have a learning difficulty etc.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully something will be announced imminently regarding the future set up so we can sign players as other clubs are getting ahead already for example Arbroath signing the likes of Mccord etc.I see Cawley has signed for Alloa again who would have been a decent signing although don't think he would have came here whilst we are in League Two

Hopefully news will come out Of Central Park tonight so we as a club can move forward quickly and start preparations for next season which will perhaps be one of the most important seasons in recent times.

Hopefully something will be announced imminently regarding the future set up so we can sign players as other clubs are getting ahead already for example Arbroath signing the likes of Mccord etc.I see Cawley has signed for Alloa again who would have been a decent signing although don't think he would have came here whilst we are in League Two

Hopefully news will come out Of Central Park tonight so we as a club can move forward quickly and start preparations for next season which will perhaps be one of the most important seasons in recent times.

Fingers crossed for John Brown...

Much as I like Toorie, he is not a manager. I would rather keep Nish than have John Brown, or any other ex Rangers player.

I'd settle for a gaffer that recruits the right type of player for us, develops our youths, has tactical knowledge and can inspire guys to sweat blood for the jersey for 50 quid a week.

That aint Colin Pish. Having nightmares if the board has given him yet another chance.

I'd settle for a gaffer that recruits the right type of player for us, develops our youths, has tactical knowledge and can inspire guys to sweat blood for the jersey for 50 quid a week.

That aint Colin Pish. Having nightmares if the board has given him yet another chance.

I agree with you 100%. I'm also dreading the thought of Colin Nish staying, surely it's time for someone new to be bought in.

Nish is gone.  Club statement -

Manager Position

Following the clubs relegation to League 2, it has been decided that manager Colin Nish's contract will not be renewed. Colin came in at a point where the club was to an extent in transition after three seasons in the Championship and thus he was faced with a number of challenges in his first managerial role. Last season, we enjoyed a spell as challengers for a play off place which was the target but ultimately form tailed off and we suffered this further demotion. Thus regretfully the Board decided that the managerial position would need to be revisited. The Board of Cowdenbeath FC thank Colin for all his dedication and hard work on behalf of the club and sincerely wish him well in all his future endeavours and career.

Well done to the board on a sensible decision. Now a MASSIVE decision looms. Get the applicants in and see where we are with candidates. I usually like a left field appointment but at this time.I think in my opinion Mark Burchill would be a good appointment or james fowler (james fowler would be my first choice) but boils down to cash and funds. We need someone who knows the leagues/youths/ proven professional who has played at a high level and someone with authority. Barry Smith?? I know he is back in Scotland too.

Mone the Cowden.

When Fowler was on loan to us the players seemed to like what he brought to the table in terms of coaching and helping them. Not sure he's played in a while but would be happy with someone like that.

When are season tickets on sale?

New club secretary as well. 

"Following the recent departure of Alex Anderson, the Board of Cowdenbeath FC have agreed that the club's Finance Director David Allan should also now undertake the role of Club Secretary."

Will Jason be kept on as assistant? or depends on manager..

I know it wouldnt go down well with some people but I would take Colin Cameron back.

Fowler and Murray outwith our budget id imagine. 

Will Jason be kept on as assistant? or depends on manager..

I know it wouldnt go down well with some people but I would take Colin Cameron back.

Fowler and Murray outwith our budget id imagine. 

Jason is currently in caretaker charge of the squad so presume it'll depend on who the new manager is.

I personally wouldn't take Cameron back.  Numerous reasons - one being the fact I still have nightmares over him choosing Andy Russell over Greg Stewart :lol:

Archived