Cowdenbeath FC 2016/ 2017

Don't personally fancy Cameron his only claim to fame is obviously the success he brought Cowden and will always be recognised for that but as people have indicated in their past he inherited a good team he does not have a history of rebuilding and do we really want a manager who has already failed in League Two with Berwick.

My candidate shortlist would be as follows in no particular order of preference

Danny Lennon

Mcglynn

Lee McCulloch

John Brown w Archie Knox as Assistant

Jimmy Calderwood

Barry Robson

James Fowler

Gary Teale

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't personally fancy Cameron his only claim to fame is obviously the success he brought Cowden and will always be recognised for that but as people have indicated in their past he inherited a good team he does not have a history of rebuilding and do we really want a manager who has already failed in League Two with Berwick.

He inherited a team with the likes of Stevie Crawford, Bob Malcolm, Lee Sibanda, from Jimmy Nic. He then played the young boys who all came thru at same time. He made that team. Fitness and professionalism improved under him.

Get those Gers blinkers off. Mickey did well for us.

To be honest, ronaldincoo just described Colin cameron.

Tbh I always thought that CC was just that when he first started but seemed to completely run out of ideas and gas in the Championship. He hardly set the world alight at Berwick and got the tin tack. Not for me. Retrograde step.  

Danny Lennon

Mcglynn

Lee McCulloch

Jimmy Calderwood

Barry Robson

James Fowler

Gary Teale

John Brown with Archie Knox. ffs. Would be awful. Clyde fans will tell you how bad bomber is at this level.

He inherited a team with the likes of Stevie Crawford, Bob Malcolm, Lee Sibanda, from Jimmy Nic. He then played the young boys who all came thru at same time. He made that team. Fitness and professionalism improved under him.

😂 not saying he didn't do well but always came across as rubbing people up the wrong way and a bit arrogant but if he can bring success to Cowden again then maybe he should be considered and wouldn't cost much but sometimes going back doesnt work out

John Brown with Archie Knox. ffs. Would be awful. Clyde fans will tell you how bad bomber is at this level.

He wouldn't be at the top of my list but at least there would be passion in the dressing room and would take no BS from players

I

You just have to look at Spences twitter account referring to other c#()? not caring his own wording that to me is poor management from Nish and we as fans have noticed this on the field that certain individuals could not give a Damn

A big character like Brown I couldn't begin to imagine the dressing room if players acted in that manner under him

As I say he wouldn't be at the top end of the list

Talking of characters Gus Mcpherson appears to be a good passionate manager too and he came across very well in his post match interview after the 1st leg

The best player/manager first go at management types we had were former internationals. (CC/Mixu/Danny/Craig). If there is anyone like that out there then fair enough, speak to them - but do it quickly. I do believe however that Jenks would be my preferred option and I reckon he might well be interested, especially if he could combine it somehow with his SFA coaching role. Feel it in my water.

😂 not saying he didn't do well but always came across as rubbing people up the wrong way and a bit arrogant but if he can bring success to Cowden again then maybe he should be considered and wouldn't cost much but sometimes going back doesnt work out

You can be the biggest cnut in the world i dont care as long as you get Cowden winning. Lol.

First things first board needs to meet and jettison Nish and then clear out the little gutless fuckers in the dressing room who never took things seriously.

Caldwell was deffo one.

That isn't true - none of those players were inherited by Colin. However, Stewart, Brett, McKenzie, Armstrong, Winter, Robertson, Linton, Adamson, Coult, O'Brien, Mbu, Miller, Ramsay and Cameron himself were all inherited by Colin from Jimmy and had all been very much 1st team players under Jimmy Nichol. Let's not try and rewrite history.

That isn't true - none of those players were inherited by Colin. However, Stewart, Brett, McKenzie, Armstrong, Winter, Robertson, Linton, Adamson, Coult, O'Brien, Mbu, Miller, Ramsay and Cameron himself were all inherited by Colin from Jimmy and had all been very much 1st team players under Jimmy Nichol. Let's not try and rewrite history.

Don't want to get in a wangle with you CC but merely pointing out to 316 that Mickey did well for us and took us to a new level. He is an uncompromising character but respect for his achievements at Cowden.

You know my opinion of Jimmy Nic CC. Never liked him in his 2 spells with us.

What does people make of the new set up for the league cup looks like a good deal first clubs and under a different format?

Also did I hear right that the petrofact cup will have colt English Welsh and Irish teams in it which I am all for a bit of change especially if their is a small British cup part to the competition but with my Cowden hat on this won't be ideal for our club under our circumstances if we drew a team in Wales for instance with the travel costs etc

Don't want to get in a wangle with you CC but merely pointing out to 316 that Mickey did well for us and took us to a new level. He is an uncompromising character but respect for his achievements at Cowden.

I have great respect for what Colin achieved with the League title also what Jimmy did in 2013/14 and he also had a very difficult situation to handle when he came to us in 2010. Mickey and Jimmy though both failed after 2011/12 and 2013/14 respectively - like the vast majority of managers do. Colin then had a chance to build his own team at Berwick but that didn't go overly well. A simple Jimmy bad/Colin good though isn't a balanced summary.

As I said can never take away what Mickey had done for the club but I think we should just leave that nice piece of history as it is.

In terms of Jimmy think he got an unfair hard time from some people and don't forget that remember we were in the championship under Jimmy at a much higher level and he got our team right up for the playoffs which took us to East End but he seemed to lose his way last season but I think there was also players in that team that could be accountable for not fully raising their game against Alloa in their last game

Steven Thompson? I know he said he's retired but if interested in management, he'd be a standout as a player at this level.

Would fit the bill I'd think.

He would have been on my shortlist but the reason I didn't put him on it is I believe he wants to pursue a Career in the media side of football.

Instead of getting into a navel gazing exercise about previous gaffers. What counts now is making a successful future.

See what happens after board meeting and I'm sure they'll do what they best for the club.

In terms of players we could sign quickly once it is decided if Nish is staying or going Jim Lister would be a decent experienced striker but I believe Darren Young is sniffing around him according to the Daily Record

Danny Lennon

Mcglynn

Lee McCulloch

Jimmy Calderwood

Barry Robson

James Fowler

Gary Teale

f**k right off!

Archived