The 3rd Chapter. (Accies 2016/2017 Thread)

Redmond and Docherty, in multiple papers that Dunfermline looking to sign them. What are they like?

Doc's an absolutely brilliant box to box midfielder, and if he can improve on his end product, he'd be a good signing for most Premiership clubs.
Redmond's inconsistent. He's technically good, but I'd say his inability to truly grab games by the scruff of the neck lets him down. He's very seldom our best player and often goes missing. Would be a good Championship signing though.
For what it's worth, unless they're released (not likely), then I highly doubt you'd get them.

6 minutes ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

Redmond and Docherty, in multiple papers that Dunfermline looking to sign them. What are they like?

Redmond is a very gifted wee player who can spot a pass. When he's fit and in the mood, he is one of Accies best midfielders without a doubt. Unfortunately, for long periods of a season he will be either injured or off form.  Docherty has plenty of running in him, and seems to be a favourite among the Accies hierarchy, but his weakness is that he gives the ball away far too much and his shooting is woeful. 

If Dunfermline can find a wee bit of money, I think both would acquit themselves well in the Championship.  

On 5/24/2017 at 20:31, Owsley said:

Gutted for Devlin. I was surprised to read that we've released young Dylan Henry from the U17s. Scored loads this season. The latest in a long line of mystifying releases from our youth squads.

Yeah that is a strange one. Never mind, the left back in that team is the next big thing. you heard it here first!

7 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Rumours of a bid for Sibbald at Falkirk would be v pleased with that, as long as it isn't in a similar style to our arfield, Bryson and Murray bids from our last spl stint.

IIRC Houston was on the radio the other week saying the development fee for him would be about £200k for another Scottish club. He's out of contract but they've offered him a deal to protect themselves I'd imagine.

Wato Kuate was in the paper saying he was glad united didn't win promotion.

He also said that Accies were the type of team he wished he played for. Looked awful in the play offs, but going back on the united forum they seemed to have been singing his praises, but of course has clear attitude problems.

A risky punt to say the least, but I would maybe take it over some random from Macedonia. Also we have experience dealing with giant ego's and getting the best out of them, just look at big MAC.

3 hours ago, Uncle Arthur said:

Andy Ryan up for grabs now that Airdrie are going part-time. St Mirren rumoured to be in for him.

Andy Ryan is a Championship player, he will never cut it in the big league.

It is possible for players to improve. Ryan will have gained a lot of confidence banging in goals for Arbroath and Airdrie. But he should probably be looking to play in the Championship next season for someone decent like Queens or St Mirren.

Shoudn't this be in the V thread?

On 02/06/2017 at 03:38, Laid-back Accie said:

Wato Kuate was in the paper saying he was glad united didn't win promotion.

He also said that Accies were the type of team he wished he played for. Looked awful in the play offs, but going back on the united forum they seemed to have been singing his praises, but of course has clear attitude problems.

A risky punt to say the least, but I would maybe take it over some random from Macedonia. Also we have experience dealing with giant ego's and getting the best out of them, just look at big MAC.

Wouldn't mind being at the first training session when it all kicks off if you sign him.......Box Office. 

• 2 years later...
On 3/24/2017 at 19:44, The_Kincardine said:

Templeton on form and injury-free would be a cut above anything you have right now and I hope he does well for you. 

This was the last time I commented on an Accies signing and was spot-on.

Alston will improve you but you need to play him in an advanced role and have someone to do the grunt work behind him.  He's a tidy player.

• 8 months later...

Hi would anyone on this thread be able to help me, my uncle Gordon Hamilton who played over 150 games for the Accies in the early 70’s has recently been diagnosed with dementia and last week he had a heart attack. I’m trying to get old pictures and team photos of him so that we can talk about his career. He can remember playing football and all the clubs he played for, his short term memory has gone. If anyone could help I’d greatly appreciate it. Gary

Hi would anyone on this thread be able to help me, my uncle Gordon Hamilton who played over 150 games for the Accies in the early 70’s has recently been diagnosed with dementia and last week he had a heart attack. I’m trying to get old pictures and team photos of him so that we can talk about his career. He can remember playing football and all the clubs he played for, his short term memory has gone. If anyone could help I’d greatly appreciate it. Gary
I'm sure if you contact Scott Struthers at the club he might be able to help you.

Sorry to hear this mate, absolute fucker of a disease. Sounds like a lovely idea though and I’m sure if you got in touch with the Accies SLO on Twitter they’d be able to get your message out. [emoji106]