The 3rd Chapter. (Accies 2016/2017 Thread)

With Matthews + Woods both having signed in last fortnight I would assume that Alan Martin is on his way out of Accies.

We certainly don't need 3 senior keepers with our 20's keeper being a highly rated Scotland youth international.

9 minutes ago, cdisaaccie said:

With Matthews + Woods both having signed in last fortnight I would assume that Alan Martin is on his way out of Accies.

We certainly don't need 3 senior keepers with our 20's keeper being a highly rated Scotland youth international.

I would have to agree. It's looking like Matthews will be first choice with Woods second. It's a shame for Martin bit from what I've seen of him, I don't think he'd be good enough at this level.

Matthews looks alright: made a good save tonight (despite being a fair bit off his line) and made a decent save on Saturday. We still need to see a bit more of him to judge. I have no idea about Woods. Did he play against us last season?

1 hour ago, cdisaaccie said:

More keepers than strikers. 

McGowan is a fat, speccy shitebag. He's happy enough to go to the press and moan and whine that the big bad fans called him and Canning names then hovers around at home games looking for people to pick out yet will never say anything directly to anyone.

Let's see what he does tomorrow when he deservedly gets dogs abuse.

McGowan is a fat, speccy shitebag. He's happy enough to go to the press and moan and whine that the big bad fans called him and Canning names then hovers around at home games looking for people to pick out yet will never say anything directly to anyone.

Let's see what he does tomorrow when he deservedly gets dogs abuse.

He'll do his usual hard-man walk down to section A, have a look around and walk back to the middle.

4 minutes ago, Deefiant said:

Hamilton are likely to make a very good signing (IMO) in the next couple of days....

Don't know if you're fishing or not...

I'd love Gary Harkins to sign but that may be a dream too far. 

So what do folk think of the health of the squad as the league kick off approaches? My view:

Gk: lost McGovern, got the Norwich boy Matthews in who looks pretty assured and a good proven back up in Woods.

Overall: pretty healthy.

Def: lost Ziggy and Lucas. Got young McGregor in who has looked promising. Breslin who it's too early to tell and the big, slightly unhinged Greek Bloke. Also we have young McMann looking more mature and a Potential starter at left back instead of Kurakins. Jesus injury a big setback.

So not really replaced Ziggy and looks like Gills is now the right back which is a step backwards from last year. We still have 3 centre backs in Devlin, McGregor and Sarris to cover our 2 starting slots. Canning and Breslin as backups. May have plugged a huge gapping hole at left back with young Mcmann stepping up.

Overall: about the same as last year. Hope the u20s right back develops quickly this year. . .

Mid: signing Donati a big coup. Looks like he will steady the midfield al la Neil and may help Crawford play to his potential. Promising signs already. Longridge and Redmond back and Docherty now at first team level and we've kept Kurtaj, Imrie and Daz. Rumours of Harkins signing . . .

Overall : notably improved from last year. Lots of competition for places.

Fwds: lost Morris back to Norwich. Doesn't look like we are getting him back. Retained D'acol and Brophy, who judging by his form at the end of last year could be ready to step up this year and bag a few goals. D'acol still unproven. Morris for Brophy as main striker is not a huge step down imo from last year however only having 2 recognised strikers however that are at first team level is a concern.

Overall : slightly worse than last year. Need another player who can play up front or as a no 10 : Harkins??

In summary: I'm quite upbeat tbh. Unlike other clubs we've kept the core of our squad and don't have to bed in lots of new players. I think we are a striker/ fwd and a right back away from having a pretty decent squad.

Thoughts?