The Partick Thistle thread

2 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Lyon, Owens, Ocholi and McCready are the modern apprentices out of contract, I suspect they'll all be away, maybe Lyon at a push might get another year given the finances but the other 3 have all had the mark of doom of being loaned to the lowland league.

Stanway, MacKenzie and Stevenson are under contract for another year, Stanway didn't have a huge impact at Airdrie but at least it was a loan to league one. MacKenzie obviously had by far the most amount of game time for the first team and would expect him to be getting on the pitch most weeks next season whether as starter or sub

Stanway done well enough for us tidy wee player with potential, probably a bit soon to be a championship regular but with your situation might see him more often than you would've thought. 

16 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/2023-24-season-tickets-on-sale-tomorrow/

Season tickets out tomorrow, and prices are going up. 

Maybe I’m mis-remembering previous walk-up vs ST prices, but the ST feels like better “value” next season?

If you renew at £310 vs paying 18x as a walk-up you’re saving £86. Almost 4 full games’ worth of savings.

Will definitely be purchasing anyway, but something to consider for those who maybe don’t always get the best value out of a ST if they have to miss a few games every season.

11 minutes ago, forameus said:

Is that them removing the U16s go free thing they used to have or am I reading wrong?

Looks like it. I think under 16s for a walk up ticket have been £5 for a wee while now, but I’m sure they were still free season tickets up to last season.

A real shame, and hopefully something they’ll reinstate once our finances are in check. 

17 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Looks like it. I think under 16s for a walk up ticket have been £5 for a wee while now, but I’m sure they were still free season tickets up to last season.

A real shame, and hopefully something they’ll reinstate once our finances are in check. 

They were £25 last season. They were free if you wanted to sit in the specific family section in the JHS. 

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

It's going to be Tannadice on the TV first up isn't it? 

I had a vague notion that when we were in the same division, one of our first games was always at Firhill in the sun in August.

Looking at Arab Archive, it seems the last 4 times, it's been turn about, with the most recent "opening" fixture at Firhill, and only 2 of them were in August, with the other 2 in October, although there was also an old style League Cup first rounder at Tannadice in August.

TLDR: in answer to your question, it would seem that is likely.

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Probably Spartans coming as well which is good because, despite being convenient for me, Ainslie Park is a horrendous place to watch football.

Are the gates in group stages split?

Pretty sure 60/40, in favour of the home team.

2 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

More than likely Falkirk at Firhill in the league cup group stages. The navy blue pound will save us.

I wonder if we will go with a permanent or temporary structure in the South Stand area? 

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/player-update-8th-june-2023/

In talks with the club:

Jamie Sneddon

Mason McCready

Kevin Holt

Aaron Muirhead

Ross Docherty

Stuart Bannigan

Kyle Turner

James Lyon

Returning to their parent club:

Lee Hodson

Cole McKinnon

Leaving the club:

Darren Brownlie

Billy Owens

Gospel Ocholi

Cammy Smith

Scott Tiffoney

Danny Mullen

Probably can conclude that most of those who we’re “in talks” with are still likely to leave. Although it does put to bed any suggestion that any of those guys had PCAs with another club. 

Edited by JagsCG

I feel some of those talks are just for the club to say they tried.

Some of them don't really make much sense either, Sneddon surely will want to go and if we're as skint as we say then sticking a kid on the bench and getting an emergency loan if Mitchell gets injured would be the way to go to save cash on a position where it's not massively needed.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

3 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

I'm fairly happy with the releases. I'd imagine Smith and Mullen will be among the higher earners despite both contributing little in their time with the club. I'd be surprised if Docherty is here next season, same goes for Holt tbh. Turner will certainly have better offers but it's whether he wants to go and possibly sit on the bench at a St Johnstone or Livingston or be a guaranteed starter with us

3 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

I'm fairly happy with the releases. I'd imagine Smith and Mullen will be among the higher earners despite both contributing little in their time with the club. I'd be surprised if Docherty is here next season, same goes for Holt tbh. Turner will certainly have better offers but it's whether he wants to go and possibly sit on the bench at a St Johnstone or Livingston or be a guaranteed starter with us

I thought Muirhead triggered a 1 year extension.

Smith will no doubt go somewhere else in the division (or Cove if they're FT now given he's from Aberdeen) and find his form again but having a 2 year spell with us and still leaving with more career goals against us than for us is pretty grim, as is scoring the same amount of goals in that 2 years as Jamie Sneddon.

You'd guess Mullen would have been on a decent wage given his CV and age and with Graham and Dowds under contract it makes sense to let him move on.

Brownlie wasn't the same after his ACL injury, could see him dropping to L1 and being very decent though. Was our best player in the L1 covid season.

Maybe Muirhead has an option for an extension rather than it being automatic but I'd still think he'd be here next season. Said earlier Lyon might get a new deal and I guess McCready would logical if we were using  @Pie Of The Month 's strategy for goalkeepers , but makes less sense unless it's a hilariously lowball offer to Sneddon. 

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I had a vague notion that when we were in the same division, one of our first games was always at Firhill in the sun in August.

Looking at Arab Archive, it seems the last 4 times, it's been turn about, with the most recent "opening" fixture at Firhill, and only 2 of them were in August, with the other 2 in October, although there was also an old style League Cup first rounder at Tannadice in August.

TLDR: in answer to your question, it would seem that is likely.

I was meaning for the League Cup groups, with no Hearts / Hibs / Aberdeen this year ours is probably one of the groups where 1 vs 2 will be picked for TV and given how both our teams' seasons ended I can see it being the first game of the group stage if so.

We did play you first game of the league season in 2002-03 and 2013-14 at Firhill, both were our first league games after promotion, the latter was definitely deliberately chosen after McNamara / Paton / Erskine had all moved.

Edited by Fuctifano

Sneddon will surely want to be number one somewhere, and he’s good enough to do that in this division so I can’t see him staying. Nothing about spending the season at the Lowland League’s worst team fills me with hope that McCready will be up to it but as a (presumably) cheap bench filler at least it’s something we won’t need to worry about in the transfers. 

Of the first team ones we’re in talks with, I’d only expect Bannigan and Muirhead to actually stay. If we can keep any of Turner, Holt or Docherty I’ll be very surprised, but very pleased.

On the face of it, a team containing Mitchell, McMillan, Milne, Fitzpatrick, Lawless and Graham is a decent start anyway.

Good luck to Smith - a shame because it was a signing that made sense but just never once looked like it was going to work out. Brownlie isn’t up to it at this level, but I could see him going back to queen of the South and doing fine.

18 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Smith will no doubt go somewhere else in the division (or Cove if they're FT now given he's from Aberdeen) and find his form again but having a 2 year spell with us and still leaving with more career goals against us than for us is pretty grim, as is scoring the same amount of goals in that 2 years as Jamie Sneddon.

You'd guess Mullen would have been on a decent wage given his CV and age and with Graham and Dowds under contract it makes sense to let him move on.

Brownlie wasn't the same after his ACL injury, could see him dropping to L1 and being very decent though. Was our best player in the L1 covid season.

Maybe Muirhead has an option for an extension rather than it being automatic but I'd still think he'd be here next season. Said earlier Lyon might get a new deal and I guess McCready would logical if we were using  @Pie Of The Month 's strategy for goalkeepers , but makes less sense unless it's a hilariously lowball offer to Sneddon. 

Got a funny feeling Mitchell will be told he can leave if anyone wants him due to wages. Sneddon will be on a lower wage and i expect McCready to be backup. TBH would prefer Sneddon to Mitchell as Mitchell gives me the fear, especially at corners.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/club-update-8th-june-2023/

Smillie gone, £170k committed by the Foundation and a number of fans have got in touch with the club to invest.

Amazing what telling people you need money can do rather than Low claiming to the Foundation they didn't need fans to fundraise.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

Just now, Pie Of The Month said:

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/club-update-8th-june-2023/

Smilie gone, £170k committed by the Foundation and a number of fans have got in touch with the club to invest.

Amazing what telling people you need money can do rather than Low claiming to the Foundation they didn't need fans to fundraise.

Offer Dundee £100k for Tiffoney imo