The Partick Thistle thread

54 minutes ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

When will you be thanking Sevco for keeping you afloat?

FTFY. Pity your fans didn’t keep you afloat!  We have been alive since 1876 unlike your new club’s birth date 2012

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

That’s what I mean. Are there not penalties for financial mismanagement by Directors?

Not a criminal offence to be utterly shit at managing the finances of a football club or half the BoDs in Scottish football would be in jail. 

7 hours ago, Aufc said:

I genuinely think it’s almost impossible to run a Scottish football club sustainably, unless you are happy pretty much sitting still (and that is assuming every other team is also being run sustainably which we know doesn’t happen). 

Hi!

"But unfortunately, it is time once again for the supporters to Save The Jags due to the actions of others."

fucks sake.

Will give Doolan a bit more of a grace period/leeway. Feel a bit for younger players like Zander McKenzie who's looked decent enough when he's came on but might not be ready to start regularly.

Hopefully not so bad that we struggle to even start next season, I don't think its implied as a likelihood, more that we're gonna have to cut the cloth to fit the cadaver...

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

4 hours ago, AMMjag said:

Next season will be a brutal watch and I'd take 8th place right now on the condition that the next year is used to tidy up the books.

With the statements TJF made, if accurate, it’ll take more than one year to tidy up the books. If you can use the signed squad, and some good deals, to make mid-table this season, you’ll have improvement. However, the ugly reality of the Championship is after fourth the prize money is pretty shite, and only an OF draw or two can ready bail stuff out. On the positive side, DU coming down will bring decent crowds, as will Airdrie and the Pars…overall crowds should be up nicely.

5 hours ago, GroundHoppingBear said:

When will you be thanking Rangers for keeping you afloat?

We don't pile in to the thread of other teams to laugh at their financial woes, unless it's Rangers. If you could hurry up and die again we could recreate the greatest thread in P&B history. 

Tick tock. 

Surely it's time that Lionel Hutz got the bullet. The CEO was not a passenger, he was at the wheel.

I really feel for you guys, you get rid of the utter charlatans and inherit a fucking mess. I hadn't appreciated how tight it was. I heard rumours but sounds like you were close to not being able to pay wages.

You'll need to cut your cloth accordingly, dig deep as fans and bail the club out. Short term pain for sure but hopefully you can get the club back to budgeting properly and attract new investment.

All the best.

55 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Surely it's time that Lionel Hutz got the bullet. The CEO was not a passenger, he was at the wheel.

Yep, Britton has been a catastrophe for a good few years now. As with Rough, it may take people a while longer to accept he's part of the problem (in Gerry's case, a big part) due to the goodwill built up from his playing days, but he has undeniably been complicit in allowing such a mess to be made of the finances.

He really needs to go. Can't see him walking away from a cushy CEO gig, though, so this one might end up getting quite ugly like it did with Low.