The Partick Thistle thread

6 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Remember the so-called Thistle fans who sneered at the protest and lined up to support Low unconditionally? 

I wont forget.

There's still c***s out there who love Alan Rough. I get he might have been their hero growing up but I'm pretty sure if Chris Erskine in 30 years time acted like Rough I could still realise he's an arsehole.

Worrying times for Thistle. The fans of another Scottish football club, begged for generosity because of the mess created by financial mismanagement yet again. They will as well because people love their club. Hope it all gets sorted.

Edited by Pens_Dark

Just now, Pens_Dark said:

Worrying times for Thistle. The fans of another Scottish football club, pleaded for generosity because of the mess created by financial mismanagement yet again. They will as well because people love their club. Hope it all gets sorted.

Think we will probably survive, but won't be near Premiership for quite a while.

I genuinely think it’s almost impossible to run a Scottish football club sustainably, unless you are happy pretty much sitting still (and that is assuming every other team is also being run sustainably which we know doesn’t happen). 

When MCT took ownership of Morton they managed to get over 2m worth of debt wiped off plus kept Cappielow. Giving us no debt to start us off. Hopefully you can come to some arrangement with your debt.

Not much to add, scary that we can go from a relatively comfortable financial position to almost fucked in such a short space of time but that's what happens when you get folk in who don't understand cashflow. Guess we owe the Dunfermline boy who missed a sitter at the end of the cup game a few quid as thanks. 

What was the latest with the merger of the various fan groups, assuming everyone is still on same page now? 

Ayr were fucked royally a few years thanks to Barr taking his cheque book and fucking off, leaving us with a massive tax bill and a bloated, overpaid squad. 

We had to cut our cloth accordingly, pay realistic wages and eventually go part time to steady the ship, The Chairman sold off land around Somerset including the club car park. The club merchandising rights and catering to pay creditors. 

I don't think Thistle are in as bad a place as we were, most likely wages will have to be cut in the playing staff short term and you might end up with a lot of loan players to beef up your squad. As long as you don't piss money up a wall in an attempt to remain competitive rather than fix cashflow issues like some other clubs. There is always the hope that the situation can galvanise the club and support and that can make you competitive. 

Hearing Kyle Turner is off to St Johnstone. Like Tiffoney, he will be missed and the best thing would be that we won't need to play against him next season.

Not sure I am ready to rake through the finances, yet. 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

What's the rundown on him then?

Screenshot_20230607_100227_Twitter.jpg

Tbh, it's ruined my day before lunchtime, I've loved watching Tiffoney this season, can be frustrating at times but mostly a joy to watch and more than capable of ripping a defence apart. How he'll manage the step up again I'm not sure, I wish him all the best though. 

1 hour ago, Highlandmagar said:

Now to see where Turner, Holt and Docherty are off to.

Doc will be going to Killie man. Hoping that we somehow keep Turner. 

Now to go read the statement and see how much more my day will be ruined. Although I knew this was all coming. 

That's a remarkable statement from TJF. A couple of things stand out for me:

It's a bit odd to preach about financial responsibility and transparency then immediately commit to funding you admit you don't have, but also not say how much of a shortfall needs to be made up. Is that figure readily available from elsewhere?

It's surely not helpful to have a fan ownership group so lacking in grace and decorum? At a time when you need everyone to pull together, including lines like "we hope that no-one involved in almost ending that 147 year history of our football club ever shows their face at Firhill again" can't be helpful. They seem to have had a massive chip on their shoulder all the way through the takeover process. The official club statement seems much more measured.

It looks like that collapse against Ross County could prove to be a real sliding doors moment for Thistle.

8 minutes ago, Forfinn said:

At a time when you need everyone to pull together, including lines like "we hope that no-one involved in almost ending that 147 year history of our football club ever shows their face at Firhill again" can't be helpful. They seem to have had a massive chip on their shoulder all the way through the takeover process. The official club statement seems much more measured.

I took that line to be aimed at a very small group of people - namely Jackie Low and her sycophants.

They’re right to get them hounded. 

15 minutes ago, Forfinn said:

It's surely not helpful to have a fan ownership group so lacking in grace and decorum? At a time when you need everyone to pull together, including lines like "we hope that no-one involved in almost ending that 147 year history of our football club ever shows their face at Firhill again" can't be helpful. They seem to have had a massive chip on their shoulder all the way through the takeover process. The official club statement seems much more measured.

I get your point but TJF would probably say; it’s not like Low & others showed them and their members (therefore fans) much grace and decorum, a few months ago. Given they’ve been proven right on many of their main points of criticism, I think they’re justly angry.

Edited by JagsCG

16 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Reminder that this guy is now on our board.

image.thumb.png.f71b770dc979d922986c17cb96f8b719.png

Fucking mental honestly. 

15 minutes ago, Forfinn said:

That's a remarkable statement from TJF. A couple of things stand out for me:

It's a bit odd to preach about financial responsibility and transparency then immediately commit to funding you admit you don't have, but also not say how much of a shortfall needs to be made up. Is that figure readily available from elsewhere?

It looks like that collapse against Ross County could prove to be a real sliding doors moment for Thistle.

Low et al are utter charlatans and I fully endorse the TJF condemnation of them. I would imagine I'm not alone in that thought process, ergo TJF continue to unify the fan base.