The Partick Thistle thread

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

What's the rundown on him then?

Screenshot_20230607_100227_Twitter.jpg

He’s pish, you’ll probably be best loaning him out to the championship for a season.

In actuality, he deserves another shot at the Premiership so good luck to him. His pace alone is a real asset as it terrifies defences and opens up space for everyone else and, unlike other pace merchants we’ve seen, he actually has an end product a fair amount of the time.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

What's the rundown on him then?

Screenshot_20230607_100227_Twitter.jpg

On form I wouldn’t swap him for any attacker in our league. The transition up a level again will be interesting to watch, but I suspect he could do quite well for Dundee. Keeping him injury free might be an issue, we definitely struggled to do that at times last season and more this season. 

1 minute ago, Pie Of The Month said:

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/club-update-7th-june-2023/

Statement also throws the former board under the bus. Looking forward to Low trying to DM them threatening legal action like she did with fans who said something she didn't like.

Low gambling on a promotion that would never have really been close under her/McCall. If it wasn't for Doolan coming in and galvanising the team & support, that £280k loss would be substantially higher.

Pleasing level of transparency within that statement, and it seems clear that TJF are starting to build a level of control/influence within the club now.

Tiffoney is gone, others will follow, but that figure isn't insurmountable to recover from. I dread to think where things would be if we hadn't rid ourselves of the banshee a few months back.

Losing £280k in a season where we got a televised cup tie vs. Rangers and reached the playoff final is some going. Thank f**k we’re shot of the previous board - if only we’d managed to do it sooner. 

Big challenge building a comparable squad for the season ahead, but I’m at least confident we’ll have the best chance possible given current ownership. 

Also good news that the season tickets will be on sale this week.

In spite of the way the season ended, there's a positivity around the club just now since Doolan arrived. I think we could see some really strong ST sales which will hopefully go some way to offsetting this year's losses and meaning the budget isn't quite as bleak as it might have been.

3 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Also good news that the season tickets will be on sale this week.

In spite of the way the season ended, there's a positivity around the club just now since Doolan arrived. I think we could see some really strong ST sales which will hopefully go some way to offsetting this year's losses and meaning the budget isn't quite as bleak as it might have been.

I think there’s a fair chance of this, but more than that I dread to think how our season ticket sales would’ve gone if Low et al were still here. Suspect that a number of people wouldn’t have bothered in those circumstances. 

I know I’ll be getting one for the first time in years. 

I think I'll be holding off until the ownership is properly sorted out before renewing tbh. After last year where the old board waited until the season started and people had paid their money to announce they were binning the Foundation and then handing the club over to the Thistle Trust I'd rather wait and see what happens.

I'm not even sure if we're on track for the schedule announced by the Foundation back in February.

"If it had not been for a penalty shoot-out victory and a fortunate Scottish Cup draw, the February wages would not have been able to be paid."

That is mental and concerning, hopefully your new board get things sorted.

8 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I think I'll be holding off until the ownership is properly sorted out before renewing tbh. After last year where the old board waited until the season started and people had paid their money to announce they were binning the Foundation and then handing the club over to the Thistle Trust I'd rather wait and see what happens.

I'm not even sure if we're on track for the schedule announced by the Foundation back in February.

Fair enough if that's your stance, and I fully appreciate why anyone might be reticent to throw more cash at things with the way the finances have been blatantly mismanaged in the past couple of years. But I would guess that the club/board wouldn't have been so openly critical about the actions of the previous lot if they didn't intend to try and make things work with the new fan groups and allow them to try and help fix this mess.

I'll be buying my ST as soon as they're available.