The Partick Thistle thread

12 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

That tells you absolutely nothing. Seems like the chairman realised it was nearly 2 months since her promise of regular and open communication with the fans so fired up a 10min video.

We’ve got a scouting network apparently...

What I found slightly disconcerting was the lack of detail about actual positions that he's looking to fill. Seems clear enough that we're after a centre-back (presumably because  both Jeffries and Scobbie's loans expire in January) but asides that, it really wasn't clear at all what he's wanting.

By my reckoning, we need (at least) a right back (ideally one that can also play another defensive position, whether as CB or as LB), a midfield thug who doesn't get booked, and a  reliable striker who isn't crocked/an international fugitive/in court on domestic abuse charges.

17 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

What I found slightly disconcerting was the lack of detail about actual positions that he's looking to fill. Seems clear enough that we're after a centre-back (presumably because  both Jeffries and Scobbie's loans expire in January) but asides that, it really wasn't clear at all what he's wanting.

By my reckoning, we need (at least) a right back (ideally one that can also play another defensive position, whether as CB or as LB), a midfield thug who doesn't get booked, and a  reliable striker who isn't crocked/an international fugitive/in court on domestic abuse charges.

I’d assume this is to minimise revealing who is getting the heave-ho from the current set of jobbers. 

Gary Miller and Aaron Taylor-Sinclair could be decent additions even if on loan till May. Would offer some flexibility to the squad and have a good level of experience. I agree we need a midfield enforcer but not sure who we will be targeting on that score. 

I’d also be happy to add Joe Cardle to give a further attacking option. 

The gamechanger then becomes that elusive striker ( or strikers). We were prepared to splash a wedge on Shankland but that ship has sailed. Perhaps we’ll try and get someone from the likes of Hibs on loan. Then there is the likes of Henderson at Edinburgh City who is attracting attention through his goal record this season. There’s also the older head option but I’m not sure if I’m prepared to see Kris Boyd rock up the South Drive...

There's at least 7 players I'd be happy to see walk out the door on the 1st of January. I also think what we need is pretty simple .. A  new back 4 would be fucking Smashing.. I'd be trying desperately to punt keown ! We 100% need at least 3 defenders 2 full backs and a centre half. Scobbie is not the answer.. please go back to yinited.   A midfielder who can break up opposition attacks, a midfielder with a killer pass (can Harkins be this player ?) A left sided winger would also be nice as it would make us more balanced and allow young Fitzpatrick to go to the right wing where he belongs. And last but not least a fucking big dirty target man that bullies defenders and makes space for other players. 

I personally think we are doomed because Gary Caldwell is a FUD. I'd love to be called a FUD when the season ends and we are in a play off position  and Gary Caldwell is being called a genius.. 

So it's now the scouting set up that Gary wants us to believe was an absolute shambles and he's had to build from scratch. I find it absolutely fuckin incredible that Archibald, Patterson, Maxwell and a few others didn't have a WhatsApp chat group. f**k, I've got one with my cousins and we only speak at births, deaths & marriages. But thank the Lord. Our tech savvy saviour is here to bring the club into the 21st Century. 

Regards WhatsApp- "to have that is invaluable, i dont think many Clubs would have that sort of Scout do the job for us and its fantastic what they do..." I've listened to this line a few times and just read it back. What the f**k is he even talking about!

There's not a week goes by that he's having a pop at something at the club that's fucked and needs fixing. I suppose it buys him more time. 

All we did before he arrived was send emails? Really? Take a fuckin step back and listen to the absolute shite you are spouting, Gary. 

And there are folk lapping this shit up. One poster in WAT described him as eloquent! 

Edited by dave.j

7 minutes ago, dave.j said:

So it's now the scouting set up that Gary wants us to believe was an absolute shambles and he's had to build from scratch. I find it absolutely fuckin incredible that Archibald, Patterson, Maxwell and a few others didn't have a WhatsApp chat group. f**k, I've got one with my cousins and we only speak at births, deaths & marriages. But thank the Lord. Our tech savvy saviour is here to bring the club into the 21st Century. 

Regards WhatsApp- "to have that is invaluable, i dont think many Clubs would have that sort of Scout do the job for us and its fantastic what they do..." I've listened to this line a few times and just read it back. What the f**k is he even talking about!

There's not a week goes by that he's having a pop at something at the club that's fucked and needs fixing. I suppose it buys him more time. 

All we did before he arrived was send emails? Really? Take a fuckin step back and listen to the absolute shite you are spouting, Gary. 

And there are folk lapping this shit up. One poster in WAT described him as eloquent! 

Our Chairman, for one. I guess she has to believe (or hope), she employed him.

2 minutes ago, professor challenger said:

Don't think that there can be any argument that the scouting system has been an appalling failure for at least the last two years.         Can't think why anyone can have a problem with Caldwell's statement.       He's not deflecting, merely pointing out an obvious problem.

Exactly, one that has been rightly brought up fans on various forums. I guess the proof will be seen come 1 May 2019. 

46 minutes ago, professor challenger said:

Don't think that there can be any argument that the scouting system has been an appalling failure for at least the last two years.         Can't think why anyone can have a problem with Caldwell's statement.       He's not deflecting, merely pointing out an obvious problem.

Swings n roundabouts. The same scouting system that  in those two plus years brought in Barton POTY in his first season. Keown outstanding in his first season and Sneddon now our first choice keeper. Show me a club comparable to us who gets every signing right.

What I find frustrating is that there's not a week goes by that Caldwell isn't talking down a different part of the Club and building an illusion that he himself has had to basically rebuild the club from scratch. 

5 hours ago, dave.j said:

Swings n roundabouts. The same scouting system that  in those two plus years brought in Barton POTY in his first season. Keown outstanding in his first season and Sneddon now our first choice keeper. Show me a club comparable to us who gets every signing right.

What I find frustrating is that there's not a week goes by that Caldwell isn't talking down a different part of the Club and building an illusion that he himself has had to basically rebuild the club from scratch. 

Keown was on loan half a season and was made to look good by Liam Lindsay once Liam was away keown was garbage 

most of the signings Archie’s scouts unearthed in England were awful