The Partick Thistle thread

You think the ground as it is says, 'Serious professional set-up this. This is a club that belongs in the top flight, they'll be ambitious to win things this club...' Or, 'This is a club without much money behind them, playing at a level above what they're used to...' Yes, I do think the state of the ground impacts on who we persuade to sign.

Or, it says this club is unique and steeped in history. Much better than those identical clubs with their Lego shoebox stands completely lacking in character

Oh, sorry. Didn't realise we're only competing with Championship teams for players. We should save some money by giving up on the training ground idea, letting Firhill fall into disrepair and spend everything we have on attracting the international-level players we could then afford. (Who wouldn't be in the least concerned about training any old place and playing in a dump.)

Disrepair! [emoji1]

I'd obviously like to replace the bing with something less shit looking but unless the Weirs are feeling ridiculously generous then there's no point in building anything that won't bring in revenue like an empty terracing, we could triple our home support and the JH and north would be enough for us. Don't know what you build there though, or even if we still own that bit of the ground.

The stand that is owned by a property company? You want the club to refurbish something they don't own?

When you say not fit for purpose, I take it you mean, good enough to get a safety certificate?

Do you go to any away games? Aside from New Douglas Park, Firhill looks shabby in comparison to all the others. As for the property company owning the stand, are you claiming they'd refuse to allow the ground to be upgraded?

Do you go to any away games? Aside from New Douglas Park, Firhill looks shabby in comparison to all the others. As for the property company owning the stand, are you claiming they'd refuse to allow the ground to be upgraded?

I've been to many away grounds. Dundee, Motherwell & Aberdeen to name 3. And you think it looks shabby in comparison to them?

I'm sure Propco would be over the moon if we invested money in their land that may see its value increase.

I'd obviously like to replace the bing with something less shit looking but unless the Weirs are feeling ridiculously generous then there's no point in building anything that won't bring in revenue like an empty terracing, we could triple our home support and the JH and north would be enough for us. Don't know what you build there though, or even if we still own that bit of the ground.

We don't.

3 minutes ago, dave.j said:

I've been to many away grounds. Dundee, Motherwell & Aberdeen to name 3. And you think it looks shabby in comparison to them?

I'm sure Propco would be over the moon if we invested money in their land that may see its value increase.

How do you know that other companies own bits of Firhill? Are you Maxi's brother or something?

Aye, right enough, training facilities and the state of the ground have no bearing whatsoever when players decide where to sign...

So, how come we have signed loads of players, with the noose around our necks?

Do you think other teams look at our players and don't sign them, because they are at a club with a stadium that looks more at home in war torn Kosovo?