The Partick Thistle thread

It will take time I reckon. Once we establish ourselves in the prem our support should continue to rise.

In the 12/13 season we won the title, in the 13/14 season every game and point was massive, naturally a lot of people were keen to watch us in the top flight for the first time in ten years. Now we're aiming for mid-table. I'm sure most would agree that that should deffinatly be our aim, but it hardly makes for an exciting season, especially when it's following on from the thrills of promotion and staying up.

It will take time I reckon. Once we establish ourselves in the prem our support should continue to rise.

In the 12/13 season we won the title, in the 13/14 season every game and point was massive, naturally a lot of people were keen to watch us in the top flight for the first time in ten years. Now we're aiming for mid-table. I'm sure most would agree that that should deffinatly be our aim, but it hardly makes for an exciting season, especially when it's following on from the thrills of promotion and staying up.

I would love to think you're right. I am unsure what you mean by 'established' given our club's yo-yo history.

Anyone care to offer a view as to how long it takes a team to become established?

At some point, there's going to be a clamour for better than bottom six. It has been a great journey these past couple of years and the action is from game to game, not season to season, but I always hope for the prospect/promise of something more long term.

It seems that the club is fighting to hold on to what it has before it aims to grow. There's still no clear picture of what the share issue was about. Does anyone know? Has there been any word on the possibility of an 'investment' in the club? The Weirs?

Three season in the top flight isn't to be sniffed at. A fourth would be better, and a fifth. It would be great to get there in comfort and style. :D

Anyone care to offer a view as to how long it takes a team to become established?

St Johnstone and Inverness are good examples of what can be achieved in a few years. St Johnstone promoted in 08/09 and now an established side who are about to play in Europe for the 4th consecutive season. ICT promoted the following season, and have gone on to establish themselves as a top 6 side and win a Scottish Cup.

Neither team have a bigger support than us, nor will they have had a particularly larger budget at the time of their promotion. The one difference I can see between both these clubs and Partick Thistle right now, though, is that we are still unprofessional in the way we operate. We're getting better in this regard, but the office setup is amateur (very few paid staff), our marketing of the club/tickets/merchandise is essentially rubbish, and the communication between the club and supporters leaves a lot to be desired. Plenty of things to worry about in addition to what signings we might make, but we do seem to be slowly improving both on and off the pitch.

We were pretty much an established top flight club up until the early 80s. Despite ten years of drudgery in the second tier we struggled on until the great Lambini took us to the promised land on two occasions. Unfortunately both reigns were ripped by employing people out of their depths as top flight managers.

I agree with Nightmare, we are still a few years behind in some of our off field work. I also wonder what our board bring to the club in terms of financial investment? ICT have the Tulloch guy and Saintees have up until recently had money from the Brown clan.

I reckon we need to have another couple of top flight football to become established.

There are good things such as a competent young managerial team, The Thistle-Weir partnership and a decent first team squad with some promising players in the development squad and below.

Questions remain about the ground and the Propco arrangement but overall I'm hopeful.

I'm more at the taking one season at a time rather than mood swinging from one game to the next.

I don't see us being top six this season but then again stranger things have happened at Firhill.

I don't believe that if we don't match or better 8th position this season then it should be portrayed as a failure.

For me, the next two to three seasons are still all about remaining in the top flight.

I don't believe that if we don't match or better 8th position this season then it should be portrayed as a failure.

For me, the next two to three seasons are still all about remaining in the top flight.

Bound to be more competitive if Sevco and Hibs come up next season. The only target at the moment should be staying in the league without being involved in the play offs. and improved performances in the cup competitions.

I just want to see improvement year on year and for us to continue playing good football. That seemed to slip a wee bit last season. Though the state of the pitches might have had something to do with that.

I'd also to keep a consistent squad together instead of chopping and changing every season or two.

Get a bit of consistency, improvement and a couple of good cup runs and we'll get more people coming to the games. We also need to keep up the good atmosphere in Firhill, so we need to attract away fans to come (not too many mind! Just enough to out-sing!!). I think the reciprocal season ticket thing was a good idea. We should definitely do that for all visits from clubs based further away or who generally have a smaller travelling support.

The lack of consistency put me off from going to a few games last season.

It would be one thing if I could go knowing that the team would make a fist of it, but apart from the tail end of the season there were too many piss poor performances. It was a slog going to games, especially when the weather was shite.

I'm not really interested in going for the hell of it so it's PATG for me next season.

The lack of consistency put me off from going to a few games last season.

It would be one thing if I could go knowing that the team would make a fist of it, but apart from the tail end of the season there were too many piss poor performances. It was a slog going to games, especially when the weather was shite.

I'm not really interested in going for the hell of it so it's PATG for me next season.

Think the improvement at the end of last season was all to do with having a settled defence. Apart from the Killie game, the defence never really looked like conceding and it gave the whole team a boost.

Playing Eastleigh (just outside Southampton) on Tuesday 14th, another game hopefully to be announced on Saturday 18th but likely to be down that way. Bit of a jaunt for any fans wanting to go.

edit: £115 for a return flight from Glasgow going down Tuesday afternoon coming back the next morning if anyone has the urge (not I). Unlikely to go to the Saturday game either, was hoping for a "few cans on the train" return journey to somewhere in the north of England.

A mere 45 minutes away, If the great Ryan Scully is playing I might pop along if I can be arsed. Has the Saturday game been announced?