The Partick Thistle thread

I think the fact it’s a Sunday and the time is not ideal for getting home (on public transport) will put some people off going. So I’m inclined to agree we won’t take 2k. We should have a relatively large turnout on Thursday night though, hopefully we properly sell out the JLS this time - it’s been a while since we’ve seen that stand packed. 

Presumably, County won’t bring a huge away support.

11 hours ago, The Thistle Archive said:

Amazing stats flooding out all over right now and most of the post-Somerset updates are now in place at the Archive →

:detective:  JAGGERNAUT

● 100 years from the first competitive encounter, Thistle meet Ayr United for the 150th time.
● Now 339 days long, 2022-23 becomes the longest season ('All Games') on record. The previous record (338 days) was set in 1889-90. And it's not done yet ; - )
Jack McMillan reaches 50 competitive appearances in season 2022-23. He's only the second Jag to do so this century, following on from Grant Murray (51) in the promotion-winning season of 2005-06.
● Thistle have now scored in EIGHT consecutive first halves; you need to rewind to August 1971 to find a longer run (9).
● Bizarrely, 3 of Jack McMillan's 5 goals for the club have been scored in the last 4 games, all in the play-offs.
● It's now 12 direct goal involvements in his last 9 games for the incredible Scott Tiffoney who will now seek to register a counter in a 10th consecutive game in which he's appeared. His second goal of the night was his 25th goal for the club, all scored in competitive action.
Jack McMillan (12) and Kyle Turner (13) now sit 2nd and 1st with the highest assist tallies of any Jag in the last 10 seasons, and it's a fascinating battle between the two for this season's crown.
Kris Doolan's Jags have now scored two or more goals in seven consecutive competitive matches. You need to rewind to December 1967 to find a longer run (8, by Willie Thornton's boys). Jaggernaut.
● With their 3rd 'total football' goal of the night Partick Thistle FC set a new Scottish goals record for same-season play-off games, overtaking Forfar Athletic's 13-goal tally of 2016-17. The new record sits at 16 goals - where will it end?
● The maestro who is Steven Lawless hits the 44 competitive goals mark for Partick Thistle and enters the All-Time Top 50 goals chart. It's amazing to have two Jagsmen on the ascent simultaneously in the higher echelons - keep an eye on their progress in our illustrated chart from hereon.
Kevin Holt hits the 9 goal mark for 2022-23 and is the highest scoring Thistle defender since Scott McCulloch notched 10 in the promotion-winning season of 2005-06.
● The 5-0 scoreline sets a brand new away-win record in the H2H between these clubs.
● 3 consecutive wins to nil is a first for the season, and means that Partick Thistle match the Scottish record for successive wins to nil in the play-offs in any given season. 3-in-a-row was only ever achieved by Cove Rangers in 2018-19. No team has ever kept 4 clean-sheets in any given campaign.
● Partick Thistle match the Scottish record for successive wins in the play-offs in any given season. 4-in-a-row was first achieved by Cove Rangers (2018-19) then Kelty Hearts (2021-22).
Ian McCall/Kris Doolan's Jags become the 6th highest scoring Thistle team of all-time, now with 98 goals in all competitions 2022-23. It's the highest tally since Davie McParlands's Jags hit 100 goals in 1970-71. You can compare all seasons in our sortable results tables.
● We thought Alan Archibald's 1 defeat in 21 competitive matches would never be seen again at the start of a Partick Thistle manager's reign, but Kris Doolan is having a right good go with 1 defeat in 17 and counting…

ongoing sequences:
● 7 competitive home games without defeat; 4th Mar 2023 to date. (Longest run since: 7 games; 20th Mar 2021 to 29th Apr 2021. Club-record: 24 games; 5th May 2001 to 17th Aug 2002.)
● 10 competitive games without defeat, 1st Apr 2023 to date. (Longest run since: 10 games, 10th Apr 2013 to 16th Aug 2013. Joint club-record: 16 games, 15th Nov 1975 to 21st Feb 1976 & 30th Sep 2000 to 13th Jan 2001.)
● 50 consecutive competitive appearances for Jack McMillan, 9th Jul 2022 to date, a new personal best. (Longest run since: James Penrice - 51 games, 7th Sep 2019 to 10th Apr 2021. Club-record: Johnny Jackson - 313 games, 28th Aug 1926 to 25th Mar 1933.)

A small amendment needed to add in Charlie Albinson's 27th minute yellow card for dissent. He was issued it in the middle of the second goal celebrations, so it's understandable that it maybe hasn't been widely reported through your usual sources but it was definitely issued as per referee report.

34 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

We took 2300 to Ayr on a Friday night but Ayr is much much easier to get to and there's no public transport to get back to Glasgow after the game from Dingwall on a Sunday, I think I've also read it's a bus replacement service on the way up. 

I don't think we'll take 2000. 

28 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

I think the fact it’s a Sunday and the time is not ideal for getting home (on public transport) will put some people off going. So I’m inclined to agree we won’t take 2k. We should have a relatively large turnout on Thursday night though, hopefully we properly sell out the JLS this time - it’s been a while since we’ve seen that stand packed. 

Presumably, County won’t bring a huge away support.

All things considered as you noted above you may be correct that we won't sell it out but hopefully a good crowd travel.

Slightly different on travel but we travelled to Peterhead in 2006 and I think we took certainly 2000 that day as the crowd was in the region of 3500 so you just never know

That also was a Sunday

Edited by colliedug

FWIW, I assume you lot will be given the stand behind the goal and the extension if you’re wanting it. Our attendances have been pathetic this season and I don’t see that changing on Sunday, especially when we get cuffed on Thursday night.

6 minutes ago, JudgeMudge said:

You can choose a player to score a 90th minute winner to send us up …. Who would you choose?

Erling Braut Haaland. Hopefully, he can keep things going next season...

3 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

FWIW, I assume you lot will be given the stand behind the goal and the extension if you’re wanting it. Our attendances have been pathetic this season and I don’t see that changing on Sunday, especially when we get cuffed on Thursday night.

Any idea when tickets will go on sale?

Can they be purchased online?

I think the last time I was up, you had to buy them from a portacabin, then go up to the turnstiles.

1725 tickets set to go on sale

Spoiler

Ross County play-off second leg ticketing information

Monday 29th May, 2023 at 5:23pm

Following discussions with Ross County, we can now confirm ticketing arrangements for Sunday afternoon’s cinch Premiership play-off final second leg at the Global Energy Stadium.

We have been allocated 1,725 tickets for the North Stand. We are scheduled to receive these tickets at Firhill within the next 24 hours.

Tickets for Sunday’s second leg will be priced as below:

Adults: £20

Concessions: £15

Under 16s: £5

We will confirm finalised ticket sale arrangements when we receive the tickets from Ross County.

Tickets will initially only be made available to 2022/23 Partick Thistle season ticket holders, restricted to one ticket per season ticket holder. Season tickets require to be presented at the point of purchase. Anyone who does not present their season ticket either physically or digitally will not be able to purchase a ticket for Sunday afternoon’s game, during this initial phase.

The club are also in the final stages of planning a screening event at Firhill this Sunday for any Thistle fan who can’t make the trip to Dingwall, but who would like to watch the game amongst fellow supporters.

I think anyone who wants one will get one tbh. Hopefully they've learned from the Queen's Park game and don't have people leaving the 1st leg early to buy them.

As much as I want to go and could go on Sunday I feel after not making the away legs of either of the playoff games I don't want to tempt fate.

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I think anyone who wants one will get one tbh. Hopefully they've learned from the Queen's Park game and don't have people leaving the 1st leg early to buy them.

As much as I want to go and could go on Sunday I feel after not making the away legs of either of the playoff games I don't want to tempt fate.

Especially as it's an 8pm KO.

23 hours ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

A small amendment needed to add in Charlie Albinson's 27th minute yellow card for dissent. He was issued it in the middle of the second goal celebrations, so it's understandable that it maybe hasn't been widely reported through your usual sources but it was definitely issued as per referee report.

Great stuff, that's very helpful, all applied.

Pushing our luck perhaps, but any chance you could confirm the date and place of birth for any of these guys?

Jamie Taggart
Lewis Mackle
Gospel Ocholi (09.04.2003?)
Jojo Gillespie
Matthew Doherty
Oliver Black
Joe McDonald
Matthew Collins

Also, Matthew Doherty and Joe McDonald have left the club, yes?

Thank you!

3 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

https://twitter.com/partickthistle/status/1663490519480037377?s=46&t=rBi-M5Sv8aIxiPvpkavE-g

Club saying the Lambie is sold out again.

Obviously hope it is, but it’s very hard not to be skeptical.

I don't believe them. It'll be25% full with folk sitting on other fans, laps in the JHS on Thursday night.

#PeakCinch

#PeakThistle

3 hours ago, jagfox said:

I would guess the away tickets will be available Thursday, as well? 

Hope to f**k its not a queue at the portacabin. Although I was on holiday and missed the QP game, haven't missed any if the others though so perhaps I am a good omen?