The Partick Thistle thread

3 minutes ago, forameus said:

I've not kept up with him, has Doolan showed any aptitude to be able to do this?

It absolutely screams Mark Kerr to me. I spoke to him on one occasion during his spell at Ayr and he was a really nice guy and despite not being a starter for us it sounded like he enjoyed being at the club but nice guys rarely make great managers. I don’t expect him to be the next permanent Thistle manager. 

Some amount of pant-wetting on social media but it’s the correct decision even if the timing is unexpected.

Two league seasons virtually written-off by clear underachievement.

I’m gutted it didn’t work out for him and he’s at least restored some credibility to our club, but he’s clearly taken us as far as he can.

17 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Something been said post match? Seems incredibly bizarre since that’s arguably one of your best performances of the season when you consider the opposition. Makes next Saturday very interesting. 

Surely he would have been sacked alone and not the 2 assistants if that was the case though

Just now, Jacky1990 said:

Terrified of who we might bring in.

c***s like John Hughes and Stephen Pressley will be sniffing about like a dug needing a shite.

You're lucky Kettlewell is otherwise occupied. Mind you, he'd be better than the two you mentioned.

2 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

The most bizarre timing for a sacking I have ever seen. Not even sure which gif is most appropriate...

Most likely scenario is they decided to punt him after last week but decided to stay for the cup game as planning had already started on it and board scared of a pumping today.

Was convinced he'd be away at the end of the season so fair enough its done now. 

Baffled at that one, especially after a very creditable performance today in the cup. I suppose though that when you take into account the previous results against Accies and Cove, the board might've made their minds up during the week and thinking a tanking by Rangers would be a good enough final nail in the coffin, only for that to not happen, but they just pulled the trigger anyway.

As @K.T noted in our thread, very McPake-esque when he was sacked after a win at Tynecastle and in the cup. At the end of the day it was the right decision, but in the short-term it was an awful, awful decision. Mark McGhee in for the Partick job, please.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee