The Partick Thistle thread

Yeah he's not going to walk and despite the bluster in the accounts the cash position isn't great so it could be a big call financially to sack him and the two assistants. 

That said, I've asked on here before as Google came up dry but I had it in my head that when he took over this time he signed a 4 year deal, which would take him up to the end of this season and I can't remember any news of an extension. If this is the case then paying up his contract won't be as prohibitive but he could easily be on a rolling one year deal which would be. 

Would also expect Brian Graham to get the job if he does go, for similar financial reasons, and another player to take over the women's team. 

32 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Yeah he's not going to walk and despite the bluster in the accounts the cash position isn't great so it could be a big call financially to sack him and the two assistants. 

That said, I've asked on here before as Google came up dry but I had it in my head that when he took over this time he signed a 4 year deal, which would take him up to the end of this season and I can't remember any news of an extension. If this is the case then paying up his contract won't be as prohibitive but he could easily be on a rolling one year deal which would be. 

Would also expect Brian Graham to get the job if he does go, for similar financial reasons, and another player to take over the women's team. 

I've done similar and got it as a three year and bit dealwhich would take him up until the end of the season but had a feeling he signed an extension but I cannot see anything about that anywhere. 

I see him getting shifted into a role as a mentor for the likes of Graham and/ or Bannigan.

17 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Surely the chances of McCall actually being sacked are still very slim? And there’s no chance he’ll ever walk from the job.

Low might be quite happy for the fans to direct most of the abuse McCalls way and let it detract from the fact she’s basically stolen the club from the fans.

Even despite this basketcase division meaning that they're no more than two games away from title contention again, you still have to admit that it's very funny that McCall is already coming out with Covid-level excuses.

4 minutes ago, Plastic Whistle said:

Such a move would be unjustifiable.

The club justified Archibald coming back so I wouldn't be too surprised. Football works in mysterious ways. Especially at Partick Thistle...

Wouldn't surprise me, if as said above he is shifted into another role. I do however think we are missing one glaring manager option that could be staring us in the face. Think of who is on our board and is best buds with Neil "I need a new job" Lennon! Also his boys n our youth team. You know we are a club of old pals these days and corrupt as feck so i can see that happen.

26 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

The Neil Lennon stuff is a joke, aye? 

Seen it mooted but financially would be a non-starter before delving into it any further surely?

Best reasons I've seen is that he lives in the West End 😂

8 hours ago, Jollyjag said:

The whole team is lacking in confidence I don’t think we put 3 successive passes together don’t know how he addresses the goalkeeper situation not nice to watch yesterday watching the long ball which was immediately put back to our vulnerable defence Muirhead was stupid the way he reacted  and he will know that however he certainly was not the worst player on the park the injury list is growing by the week which is a concern, lastly all the officials yesterday were dreadful we got absolutely nothing from them yesterday 

I went along to this as a 'sort of' neutral.  Plenty of good passing and movement from Thistle, and well-taken goals. I still think Dundee will win the league, but they were made to look pretty ineffective yesterday. First half at least. Dundee change the game with their substitutions though, and not for the first time.

Five points between the top seven. It doesn't look like anything that can't be easily fixed (and in Harry Milne have one of the better players in the league), although I'd agree about the goalkeeper situation and the long balls. Bullied a bit and, like us, easy on the eye but maybe lack the craft of winning football games.

⚽️🎙EPISODE 34🎙⚽

WE ARE LIVE!!!

This week we are joined in the studio by Partick Thistle FC legend Stuart Bannigan.

We talk about Staurt making over 300 appearances for the club, winning 2 league titles and playing for Scotland u21s.

We also talk about Stuart being inducted into the Partick Thistle Hall of fame!

The proud sponsor of this episode is MacTassos Gyros.

Enjoy the episode!

https://youtu.be/qgXK6nnL3XU

4 hours ago, Acastus said:

Why were we wearing the old kit last Saturday? Was it a tribute to the 12/13 title win or something? 🤔

It was brought out (again) as our official third kit the other week.

I was never a great fan of that top despite it being associated with a successful season. 

It does mean we have a kit that doesn't clash with Arbroath's home kit this season so I presume we'll wear it on our next trip to Gayfield rather than both teams wearing away kit. 

Exactly one year on from 'The Fallen', this sister-piece takes on the tough challenge of identifying and writing about all the Partick Thistle players or managers who served and survived in either of the two World Wars. This is easier said than done.

There are memorials and Rolls of Honour to the Fallen, but the vast majority of those who returned went back to their families and got on with their lives. There is not so much information available on them, and it has seemed like an open-ended and nebulous task. With this in mind this record of those who served will undoubtedly change in time, as family members get in touch, or other information becomes available. If we're missing anyone please do let us know!

Not all of these men won the Scottish Cup with Partick Thistle (some did), and not all were decorated with military medals (some were) but, on the eve of remembrance day 2022, it's our great honour to pay tribute to 69 of our brave men...

The Partick Thistle Returned →

partickles-returnedl.jpg

In 1914 and 1939, Partick Thistle FC was one of the many clubs whose players and former players became soldiers, sailors and airmen, and not all of them came home.

Since 'The Partick Thistle Fallen' was published one year ago, it's been discovered that three fringe/reserve Jagsmen - Alec Logan, Thomas Shemwell & James Maxwell - were all servicemen who died during the First World War. On remembrance day, the article is duly updated, now featuring the seventeen men who sacrificed their lives.

The Partick Thistle Fallen →