The Partick Thistle thread

28 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I'd honestly hope we're looking / have already looked into a sports psychologist or something similar for Akinola, the guy can play football to a high standard at Championship level but his confidence is zero.

Interesting point to psychologist as many clubs now have them including Ayr who just hired one .I have a cousin who consulted for another Championship team and biggest issue (no surprises)with some players was post match blues if it involved a defeat of bad individual performance .Trick was to not dwell on result or over analyse it /performance and move on positively to next game .A lot of players also feel a post match void that was previously filled with a match high ……again getting guys out of this void and on focusing positively to next game could be a great help . Can’t see any downside in having a focused Sports Psychologist on the team.

Edited by I Clavdivs

1 hour ago, jagfox said:

Don't mind some of these advanced stats but that one doesn't tell you much in isolation. You'd assume celtic would be top of the list if being top was better. 

35 minutes ago, AlwaysThistle said:

Have we had any update on how bad Holt's injury is?

Nothing official, the match preview will be out this afternoon and I'd guess we'll be told in there that we're waiting scan results. Or James Cairney might have it in the Times. 

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Don't mind some of these advanced stats but that one doesn't tell you much in isolation. You'd assume celtic would be top of the list if being top was better. 

My take was that because we have been on the front foot most games we haven't been pressing much as teams have maybe sat in a bit more against us? 

Not sure if he's got it in the paper yet but James Cairney was on the Terrace's patreon talking about Thistle's start to the season and mentioned Holt was due in for a scan today (they said today on the podcast, not sure if it was recorded today or yesterday) and they hope it's something that will only keep him out for around a month. There's also a chance it's his ACL and if so it's obviously a much longer time out but the club seemed to think it wasn't.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Holt a big miss then, aye? Looking for any kind of boost ahead of next Tuesdays big game. Dipo Akinyemi vs Aaron Muirhead is a battle deserving of huge crowds.

Holt has been good for us but it's more who replaces him that's the concern. The options are Brownlie who doesn't seem to have properly recovered yet from being out injured for a year, Akinola who started last season really well then hit a bad patch of form and now looks devoid of all confidence or we move McMillan from right back and then start Hodson which seems fine but Milne and McMillan have been good at full back and I'd rather not mess with that when possible.

Muirhead has been the biggest surprise of the season for me. He hasn't let us down so far.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

Holt has been good for us but it's more who replaces him that's the concern. The options are Brownlie who doesn't seem to have properly recovered yet from being out injured for a year, Akinola who started last season really well then hit a bad patch of form and now looks devoid of all confidence or we move McMillan from right back and then start Hodson which seems fine but Milne and McMillan have been good at full back and I'd rather not mess with that when possible.
Muirhead has been the biggest surprise of the season for me. He hasn't let us down so far.

If you have good players around Muirhead he’ll be fine. He just stagnated at Ayr and we needed a big change in defence so I wasn’t all that bothered when he left. Would’ve struggled to make a bigger impact than Alex Kirk or Frankie Musonda imo.