The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, colliedug said:

"Didn't wish Liz or her family dead but they mean literally nothing to me." 

Jagfox  that was initially my thoughts also and I don't think a football stadium should be to vent their views, leave that to the arsecheeks in our city, but thanks for honest views jagfox 

Problem is, if you bring politics, virtue signalling etc into football stadiums then you are going to obviously get a reaction. Sadly football seems to be becoming more and more political. I would do no minutes silences/applause unless the person is involved in the game itself. 

You either believe in free speech or you don't. It's not really a grey area. You may not agree with what is said and that is what should be debated.

So racisms ok then? What about holocaust denial?

Free speech is totally a grey area. There’s a line somewhere. It’s not defined - but all the current nonsense about woke / gammons etc is enabled by different views on where the line should be.

Shit chat if we sung about the Queen, just as it would be shit chat to chat shit about anyone else who recently died, short of maybe Putin.

3 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

So racisms ok then? What about holocaust denial?

Free speech is totally a grey area. There’s a line somewhere. It’s not defined - but all the current nonsense about woke / gammons etc is enabled by different views on where the line should be.

Shit chat if we sung about the Queen, just as it would be shit chat to chat shit about anyone else who recently died, short of maybe Putin.

Of course there isn't actually freedom of speech in the UK on various levels. You cannot say various things of a deemed to be bigoted nature (good imo) without potentially being arrested. You can also be silenced by the threat of legal action for defamation/ libel such as happened to one Thistle fan recently.

We don't even  have a constitution just a swathe of laws and previous judgements. 

12 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

It isn’t difficult to understand why they are so vehemently opposed to even the most basic level of scrutiny. Appalling stuff, especially from that Beastall geezer. 

Basically they admit they are doing things backwards and there will unlikely be any meaningful actions taken on their part until the end of the season. 

The first part moreorless confirms this. The second part just seems to be a chore for them and there is various mentions of them being busy and not really done much apart from miraculously getting a 74% controlling interest of a football team in their laps.

Again leaves more questions than answers. 

Part 2 of that interview is something else. Dismissive, passive aggressive, just generally really amateur stuff.

These guys are in way over their head. I almost feel bad for them as they’ve clearly fallen for Low like many of the other goons in our support, but this is just a car crash.

Edited by Nightmare

Holy f**k, that's wild.

Reading part one you could think that aside from Beastall, some of these people are genuinely well intentioned and want to be involved for the right reasons, but have been made useful idiots by those whose aims are more nefarious. You could charitably conclude that they genuinely want a fan run club and can't see what the problem is out of naivety or stupidity, rather than anything more underhand.

Then you get to part two, where the complete meltdown at perfectly reasonable questions tells you everything you need to know about all of them.

Holy f**k:

' I don’t think we need to be judged. I personally don’t care how people judge me. Personally speaking – maybe not speaking for the other guys in the Trust – all I want to do is in five years’ time look at a club that is fan-owned, with a great relationship with its fans and a successful football team. I don’t really care if people still hate me and think I’m a charlatan or whatever.'

19 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Part 2 of that interview is something else. Dismissive, passive aggressive, just generally really amateur stuff.

These guys are in way over their head. I almost feel bad for them as they’ve clearly fallen for Low like many of the other goons in our support, but this is just a car crash.

They come across as utter c***s. I'd have no sympathy. I'd be absolutely even more furious. 

As I've said before, it's only a matter of time before James Cairney has his press access revoked and replaced by a stooge. 

Between that interview and the one with Stewart Macgregor he's just allowed them to out themselves for what they are. 

I like that in the first answer they basically confirm why the current setup is wrong in that they can take the shares and hide. 

The second part is insane , they just come across as utter c***s. 

Edited by Fuctifano

27 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Reeks of Jacqui Low's business breakfast club...

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

They come across as utter c***s. I'd have no sympathy. I'd be absolutely even more furious. 

Yeah, you're absolutely right, they come across dreadfully here. It's possibly an even worse interview than the head-in-the-clouds piece with Stewart Macgregor the other day.

The only reason I'm giving them even a shred of a 'get out' is because they're clearly being set up to take the fall here by Low. And are doing so spectacularly.

That doesn't make them any less delusional and/or power hungry, but just worth remembering there's someone higher up the chain than these mugs, who is still quite clearly running the show.

We're almost into October and we are being told the PTFC Trust won't be operating until May. 

Seems more like a delaying tactic than anything more tangible.

I will look on with interest and a large dollop of trepidation.

Just now, Nightmare said:

That doesn't make them any less delusional and/or power hungry, but just worth remembering there's someone higher up the chain than these mugs, who is still quite clearly running the show.

Basically the club's board retain control with or without this vacuous Trusteeship as far as I can see.