The Partick Thistle thread

17 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Just out of curiosity, did TJF ? 

11 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Why do football clubs have to put out a statement ? As opposed to any organisation, or any individual for that matter. It isn’t mandatory.

I think you’ve answered your own question.

53 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Did it even cross the TJF boards mind ? 

With all due respect, your posts in the past few days which have attempted to portray the TJF as in some way incompetent, inactive, or to blame for Jacqui Low's mendacious power grab - followed now by the implication that they have disrespected the Queen - are deeply, deeply weird.

3 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

With all due respect, your posts in the past few days which have attempted to portray the TJF as in some way incompetent, inactive, or to blame for Jacqui Low's mendacious power grab - followed now by the implication that they have disrespected the Queen - are deeply, deeply weird.

It wasn’t me that brought up anything about disrespecting the Queen. If Baba Douche hadn’t done that, I wouldn’t have drawn any comparison to another organisation that wants to own the football club.

I have said many many times, it is a minority of the support that want fan ownership - at least at the moment. There is a lot of work for TJF to do to win over a large section of the fans, so they need to be on the ball with everything. 

2 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Wait am i being dumb, wasnt the initial post just poking fun at the fact that anything and everything the club + trust do can have "shady backroom deals, smoke and mirrors" jokes attributed to it?

And yet what it has done is highlight a possible failing in the TJF board. You know what they say about pointing a finger at someone - 4 are pointing straight back at yourself. 

51 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

And yet what it has done is highlight a possible failing in the TJF board. You know what they say about pointing a finger at someone - 4 are pointing straight back at yourself. 

And yet TFJ haven't pointed a finger at anyone, so no fingers pointing back at them.

Unless you think I am a part of TJF? I'm a pay at the gate punter, for over 30 years. I've had a season ticket for 1 season (last year). I could POSSIBLY pick 1 member of either 'board' out of a line-up, although I know people that know them all.

I'm not especially interested in WHO runs the club, as long as they're open and honest about their intentions, and seen to have the best interests of the club at heart - something I think BOTH sides have fundamentally, but only one side has shown publicly. 

I do find your reasoning and general statements on this matter a bit strange if I'm honest - there seems to be only one person here with an ulterior motive...

11 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Did it even cross the TJF boards mind ? 

You're asking whether it crossed the minds of the TJF Board to make a statement about something that has absolutely nothing to do with the Foundation, Partick Thistle or Scottish football?

Not for even a fraction of a second. You are literally the first and only person I've encountered who even seems to think we should have considered it.

I don't often go to away games but bought a ticket for the game at Ayr today. I was less than pleased that as a football fan, I was in a group exclusively chosen for compulsory mourning.  It's probably unlikely that it will suit me to go to this game when it is re-arranged.

The decision for the absurd cancellation of all games in Scotland today was made by the Scottish Football Authorities. It will surprise nobody that Doncaster and his cohorts adopted a craven approach of appeasement and disregard for supporters' interests - they have history of this with broadcasters and the Old Firm.

Perhaps our PR Guru Chair and the Jags Trust guys have been lobbying the Authorities but they have been strangely silent. However I am a bit disappointed that TJF has not expressed a view. I am not a TJF member but am persuadable. However the main purpose of fan-based ownership is surely to speak up for the supporters...or do they agree that cancellation of games was appropriate? 

50 minutes ago, Thistle Bonnet said:

I don't often go to away games but bought a ticket for the game at Ayr today. I was less than pleased that as a football fan, I was in a group exclusively chosen for compulsory mourning.  It's probably unlikely that it will suit me to go to this game when it is re-arranged.

The decision for the absurd cancellation of all games in Scotland today was made by the Scottish Football Authorities. It will surprise nobody that Doncaster and his cohorts adopted a craven approach of appeasement and disregard for supporters' interests - they have history of this with broadcasters and the Old Firm.

Perhaps our PR Guru Chair and the Jags Trust guys have been lobbying the Authorities but they have been strangely silent. However I am a bit disappointed that TJF has not expressed a view. I am not a TJF member but am persuadable. However the main purpose of fan-based ownership is surely to speak up for the supporters...or do they agree that cancellation of games was appropriate? 

This is not a decision that impacts solely on Partick Thistle. As it affects all football supporters nationally and throughout the UK, it should be national supporters associations that speak out. 
Have the Scottish Football Supporters Association made a statement? The Football Supporters' Association in England have and they have the clout to make it into the national papers. I'm not sure what impact a statement from PTFC or TJF would have.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/sep/09/football-supporters-association-postponements-tribute-to-queen-misssed-opportunity

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/sep/10/fsa-calls-for-fans-refunded-as-football-postponed-after-queens-death

12 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

You're asking whether it crossed the minds of the TJF Board to make a statement about something that has absolutely nothing to do with the Foundation, Partick Thistle or Scottish football?

Not for even a fraction of a second. You are literally the first and only person I've encountered who even seems to think we should have considered it.

Fair enough. However, I am not so sure that you are correct in your 1st paragraph.