The Partick Thistle thread

17 hours ago, Against The Machine said:

Forgive my outsider's ignorance here, but... do they? 

There seems to be a huge amount of discussion around what Colin Weir did or didn't intend, but is that not basically irrelevant now? It's not like he was some sort of football club fan ownership doyen who had this great plan in place. He was just a guy who won the lottery. 

The bit you're missing is that the fulfillment of "Colin Weir's wishes" is what we are being told by Three Black Cats via the football club, is the issue that made them dismiss the Foundation bid and accept/manufacture the PTFC Trust bid. Those wishes remain obscure, and at the Foundation EGM were stated to have been subject to "legal privilege" according to Three Black Cats.  

14 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Aye, thankfully the Thistle community aren’t deciding it’s ok, with the exception of a few oddballs who have been taken in by Low’s “charm”.

This is the mistake that TJF are making. It seems to be - if you are not for us then you must be for the current set. I think the reality is that most fans don’t really care. TJF is still a minority - a fairly significant minority, but I don’t think they know what to do. Maybe just hang in until results take a turn for the worse ? 

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

This is the mistake that TJF are making. It seems to be - if you are not for us then you must be for the current set. I think the reality is that most fans don’t really care. TJF is still a minority - a fairly significant minority, but I don’t think they know what to do. Maybe just hang in until results take a turn for the worse ? 

It's when people "don't care" that bad things happen.

You think nearly 850 is a significant minority of our active support?

Tbh im a fairly casual fan, patg, but i was still mightilly fucked off (second hand embarrassment) reading about the way TJF was strung along in bad faith.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

34 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Like being in Quarter final of league cup. One defeat in 10 and 2nd top of the league ? That kind of not good or something else ? I know it is early, but you need to do a bit more than a sound bite. What is it you mean exactly ?

I was thinking more about off the park and behind the scenes. Why did 3BC refuse any request for due diligence, who is going to own our club if PTFC Trust receive the shares and why was there a £500,000 entry in the accounts with no explanation?

13 minutes ago, ScottyG said:

I was thinking more about off the park and behind the scenes. Why did 3BC refuse any request for due diligence, who is going to own our club if PTFC Trust receive the shares and why was there a £500,000 entry in the accounts with no explanation?

You are right about some of that, I guess. The £500,000 has been explained at least in part as furlough income on one of the we are thistle threads. 
What I am not sure about is what TJF or anyone else can do about it ? And for the life of me I don’t get why PTFC is so important to Jacqui Low.

2 hours ago, Thistle4eva said:

With all that’s going off the park, got to be proud of the team at the moment. Certainly not distracted by it.

Yeah that's definitely true. I think it probably helps that bar occasional chants of 'sack the board', the off the field stuff has almost entirely been kept away from the 90 minutes of football on a Saturday so far. Perhaps had the club not u-turned on the ridiculous decision to ban TJF from having a 'presence' at Firhill that would be different.

Edited by JagsCG

15 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

You are right about some of that, I guess. The £500,000 has been explained at least in part as furlough income on one of the we are thistle threads. 
What I am not sure about is what TJF or anyone else can do about it ? And for the life of me I don’t get why PTFC is so important to Jacqui Low.

Which part of the 3 points that the poster mentioned do you 'guess' he's right about exactly? The random £500k, the lack of due diligence, or the exact owning of the club shares?

All boils down to transparency, of which there is none. 

16 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Precisely why we, as fans, cannot sit and just let things happen. Join TJF and work collectively to do the right thing for our club. Just don't wake up one day and regret it because it's all too late.

3 hours ago, baba douche said:

Which part of the 3 points that the poster mentioned do you 'guess' he's right about exactly? The random £500k, the lack of due diligence, or the exact owning of the club shares?

All boils down to transparency, of which there is none. 

I am not here as a supporter of the current set up. He is partly right about the £500K. Did I not make that clear. The line that it was shown in the accounts was where businesses were told to show furlough income and in the previous year there was a fairly substantial figure too.

It actually boils down to what TJF are going to do, which up to now is nothing apart from bump their gums.