The Partick Thistle thread

I have a feeling that McCall is viewing Weston as one of the wide players he was wanting. 
From the brief time on the pitch last night Weston is not a wide player. Looked worried to take a man on and doesn't look to have the physical attributes yet to be a 'number 9' at this level currently. He could play off someone like BBG but given we don't really play 2 up front?

7 minutes ago, jaggyness said:
15 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:
I have a feeling that McCall is viewing Weston as one of the wide players he was wanting. 

From the brief time on the pitch last night Weston is not a wide player. Looked worried to take a man on and doesn't look to have the physical attributes yet to be a 'number 9' at this level currently. He could play off someone like BBG but given we don't really play 2 up front?

I’m not saying I think it’s his best position , just that I think that’s where McCall will play him for us. Which would be very much expected from McCall tbh. 

I agree that he doesn’t look physically up to it to play up front by himself. 

So, season 2022-23 is now well underway and that's reflected today on the Archive as per below. Aaron Muirhead the man of the moment and currently topping two of our charts on alphabetical order!

Match List
The full season at-a-glance; clicking on the results takes you through to our match hubs, clicking on the opponents takes you through to our H2H record. Video highlights are in place for all 4 games so far.

Squad Stats
Keep an eye on who's In The Jersey as well as the Appearances, Goals & Assists tallies at-a-glance. As a nice new feature for the season ahead, a compact and sortable Squad list table is included, showing the key elements of each player. As ever, laptop and desktop users can drill down further into the stats with the full-width stats tables for this season and the career; access both from the +show -hide collapsible blocks at the foot of the section.

Championship Table
Now re-embedded c/o Football Web Pages. Best of its kind, you'll notice the quick updates in-play as the League season unfolds.

Crime Count
Refs, pens, yellows & reds at-a-glance. It's 100% in favour of Jags at the moment with not a single crime count conceded. That Banzo's a changed boy.

League Cup
A limited edition entry while Jags stock lasts, Wikipedia's League Cup page for 2022-23 has been embedded, so that'll save you opening new tabs as you frantically search to see who else is second on match day four.

Season 2022-23 →

aero2.jpg

Edited by The Thistle Archive

8 hours ago, The Thistle Archive said:

So, season 2022-23 is now well underway and that's reflected today on the Archive as per below. Aaron Muirhead the man of the moment and currently topping two of our charts on alphabetical order!

Match List
The full season at-a-glance; clicking on the results takes you through to our match hubs, clicking on the opponents takes you through to our H2H record. Video highlights are in place for all 4 games so far.

Squad Stats
Keep an eye on who's In The Jersey as well as the Appearances, Goals & Assists tallies at-a-glance. As a nice new feature for the season ahead, a compact and sortable Squad list table is included, showing the key elements of each player. As ever, laptop and desktop users can drill down further into the stats with the full-width stats tables for this season and the career; access both from the +show -hide collapsible blocks at the foot of the section.

Championship Table
Now re-embedded c/o Football Web Pages. Best of its kind, you'll notice the quick updates in-play as the League season unfolds.

Crime Count
Refs, pens, yellows & reds at-a-glance. It's 100% in favour of Jags at the moment with not a single crime count conceded. That Banzo's a changed boy.

League Cup
A limited edition entry while Jags stock lasts, Wikipedia's League Cup page for 2022-23 has been embedded, so that'll save you opening new tabs as you frantically search to see who else is second on match day four.

Season 2022-23 →

aero2.jpg

You're doing great work, but I think I speak for most people when I say I'd love to see whatever video highlights are in the pipeline from the 1990s and 2000s uploaded ASAP rather than biographies of folk from the 1890s (although those obviously do have their place on an archive site). 

11 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

You're doing great work, but I think I speak for most people when I say I'd love to see whatever video highlights are in the pipeline from the 1990s and 2000s uploaded ASAP rather than biographies of folk from the 1890s (although those obviously do have their place on an archive site). 

I love the ancient bios. Keep them coming, please. 

27 minutes ago, IR1970 said:

Heard today we thought we had signed the ex Ayr striker from last season but apparently Dundee have blown us out the water with wages..cant remember the lads name.

5 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Was it Adeloye?  Would have been a great signing 

Alan Nixon seems to think Adeloye is signing for Swindon.

Edited by Nightmare

37 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Did the lad Kyle Doherty not show anything in his trial games? Or are you lot still taking a look at him.

He wasn’t great but wasn’t bad. No clue if he’s still on trial with us though, we have a friendly tomorrow so that should indicate whether he’s moved on or not. 

He wasn’t great but wasn’t bad. No clue if he’s still on trial with us though, we have a friendly tomorrow so that should indicate whether he’s moved on or not. 
Given McCall said we're looking for a striker and defender I'd assume he's not going to be offered a deal by us

On 14/07/2022 at 08:11, jaggyness said:
On 14/07/2022 at 08:03, oneteaminglasgow said:

That's a decent shout.  Weston is a poacher - albeit an adept one.

1 hour ago, IR1970 said:

Heard today we thought we had signed the ex Ayr striker from last season but apparently Dundee have blown us out the water with wages..cant remember the lads name.

Naturally, we'd be able to blow you out of the water wage wise but it appears whoever told you that is wrong.

We had apparently agreed a deal in the summer, Gordon Strachan had questions over his attitude and pulled the deal, we've went back with an 'incentive based deal' and the media guys that post on Twitter are saying he's off to Swindon.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Naturally, we'd be able to blow you out of the water wage wise but it appears whoever told you that is wrong.

We had apparently agreed a deal in the summer, Gordon Strachan had questions over his attitude and pulled the deal, we've went back with an 'incentive based deal' and the media guys that post on Twitter are saying he's off to Swindon.

Dundee shouldn’t be able to blow anyone out the water, Dundees a fucking hell hole.

Just now, Thistle4eva said:

Dundee shouldn’t be able to blow anyone out the water, Dundees a fucking hell hole.

There's bad takes then there's fucking horrific shouts like the above. 

That's a decent shout.  Weston is a poacher - albeit an adept one.
I like the idea of a poacher in the team. It seems like a long time ago that we last had one. Scott MacDonald mibby but even then only for a few months.