The Partick Thistle thread

Think we're all in shock and saddened with this terrible news. May his soul rest in peace. We've put together Adam's complete goals montage video, and it's included on his profile page on the Archive today. It's a day to remember how he made us smile during some low years...

Adam Strachan →

2 hours ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Derek and Gerry in the Premier I’m sure. He looked promising then. Sad end to be sure, but sadly all self inflicted.

Could be wrong but think his debut was in a 2-2 draw away to Livingston in the SPL, live on TV. 

I thought it was against Aberdeen at home. If it wasn't his debut it was the game where he first came to prominence. We pumped Aberdeen at home and Strachan was full of gallus flicks and tricks. He ripped them apart, frankly.

He had gotten his life in order in the last few years. He played for EK and was coaching youths, passing on the benefits of his experiences. 

This is sad, sad news. 

He’s highly rated so will see how he gets on I suppose. I’m still unconvinced that his 35 goals last season actually prove anything but there we go.

On the positive side, there’s simply no way he can possibly be worse than Alegria so we’ve already improved our options up front. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

We were just talking about Weston in the Rangers thread earlier today.

He has ability, but he has major physical issues to overcome. He's small and weak. If he can overcome those or play around them, he'll be a success. If he can't, then he won't.

Can't judge until i have seen him play, Sevco mates rant and rave at me about how good he is but it is a massive step from Lowland League to Championship. Bit concerned we are aiming to win the league though with 3 strikers, one who i hope is over the injury he was carrying all season, One kinda unproven and one totally unproven. Hope my words come back to bite me at the seasons end though.

1 hour ago, Highlandmagar said:

Another underwhelming signing by McCall.

Give the boy a chance he’s not even kicked a ball yet. The signings this window have largely been good and have improved our squad from last season.

2 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

Another underwhelming signing by McCall.

If it's one thing McCall can do, it's sign a player. He gets deals done and gets more right than wrong.

Can he be questioned tactically? Definitely. However, his signings at every club he has been at have been good, in the majority.

7 minutes ago, Jag71 said:

If it's one thing McCall can do, it's sign a player. He gets deals done and gets more right than wrong.

Can he be questioned tactically? Definitely. However, his signings at every club he has been at have been good, in the majority.

Three this season so far. Weston, Muirhead and Lawless. All very meh!