Jump to content

Partick Thistle 2022/23 thread


Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

https://themortonforum.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/44320-why-do-you-hate-partick-thistle/
 

Just been sent a link to this glorious thread. Toby’s headsgone is a particular highlight. 

I'm impressed that he found that much to say about us. 

If pressed to provide a similar analysis on Morton I doubt I would find much more to say than; "meh, decent old style ground, cramped main stand, season 2012-2013 was fun and that's about it". 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hammer Jag said:

https://themortonforum.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/44320-why-do-you-hate-partick-thistle/
 

Just been sent a link to this glorious thread. Toby’s headsgone is a particular highlight. 

This is weird and wonderful stuff.  What makes it all the more pleasing is that Thistle fans don't really give a f*ck about Morton.  They have some truly dreadful posters on here, we cruised to the league win against them in 2013, then they got humiliatingly relegated the very next year (10-2), they haven't played top-tier football in decades, their actual rivals St Mirren are a million miles ahead of them, and that's about all I can think of. 

Edited by VictorOnopko
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

This is weird and wonderful stuff.  What makes it all the more pleasing is that Thistle fans don't really give a f*ck about Morton.  They have some truly dreadful posters on here, we cruised to the league win against them in 2013, then they got humiliatingly relegated the very next year (10-2), they haven't played top-tier football in decades, their actual rivals St Mirren are a million miles ahead of them, and that's about all I can think of. 

I came on here to see if there is anything on here about Robbie Crawford signing for us. When I came across your post Morton fans certainly don't give a f**k about Plastic and every team certainly have their fair share of poor posters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites




Morton fans certainly don't give a f**k about Plastic

Calling us Plastic shows you clearly do.

I'm happy to admit that I'd have Morton relegated over almost anyone else in the division.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, gmfc said:

I came on here to see if there is anything on here about Robbie Crawford signing for us. When I came across your post Morton fans certainly don't give a f**k about Plastic and every team certainly have their fair share of poor posters.

If you look at the link to the brilliant forum thread that was posted you’ll see that’s not entirely true. 

Robbie Crawford was poor for us but good for Ayr, I’d put it down to a poor 6 months where he played out of position a fair few times too. Still got enough credibility for a mid-table championship move though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

That thread is a goldmine, not only is most of it inaccurate in some way but it’s just really hilarious. I had no idea Morton fans had such a strong dislike for us that went beyond the fact we won the league in 2013. A particular highlight;

Quote

2005 2nd Division play-offs.  Hated them ever since.  Finished a distant 4th in a league of 10 and get promoted and also heard singing "lets all laugh at Morton" in the dressing room after the final.

Edited by JagsCG
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, gmfc said:

I came on here to see if there is anything on here about Robbie Crawford signing for us. When I came across your post Morton fans certainly don't give a f**k about Plastic and every team certainly have their fair share of poor posters.

Hmmm. You can't have read the Morton forum thread linked here where various weirdos demonstrate that they do indeed give a f*ck, for an assortment of salty reasons, then.

oconnormorton.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Morton are wee shite club, they have little inbred fans and for anyone associated with them to slag anyone else’s stadium is laughable ! They are one of those clubs who will never, never amount to anything.

Also Greenock is just a shite place in general, don’t remember ever stepping foot in that place when it wasn’t pishing down.

Edited by Thistle4eva
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gmfc said:

I came on here to see if there is anything on here about Robbie Crawford signing for us. When I came across your post Morton fans certainly don't give a f**k about Plastic and every team certainly have their fair share of poor posters.

Crawford was released and won’t be coming back to the club.  It’s unlikely we will know where his next destination is going to be

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I refer to them as Morten. There is even recent photographic evidence of home “supporters” at Cappielow wearing Celtic and Rangers tops. A fcuking joke club. Last time they won a major honour was 100 years ago. Last time they were in the top league and relegated Thatcher was still in power. I reckon Toby must be @virginton.

BB232BDC-F740-493C-B157-D7FE48808E9A.jpeg.683ca289ec331b7169602fb87fa66b93.jpeg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I thought our away opener to Dundee at Dens was a shoe-in for TV coverage, probably wouldn’t have fancied going up there on a Friday Night so not complaining.
 

Inverness fans will be less than pleased with that news I’d imagine, would be annoyed myself if the fixture was in reverse.

Edited by JagsCG
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 28/06/2022 at 13:11, oneteaminglasgow said:

It’s probably a weird situation because he came through our youth academy, but more generally it’s fair enough - it’s just the same mechanism by which we got (or will get) compensation for Rudden. If Fitzpatrick, or his agent, haven’t got the ‘we won’t stand in your way’ thing in writing, then that’s moronic on their part.

I think we’re just posturing to see if we can get Queens to agree a lower amount, but in all likelihood we’ll just sign him, pay it and move on. It’ll hardly be loads of money. 

Fitzpatrick you got 350,000 for him from Norwich after you developed him as a player now we have had him for nearly 2 years developed him more yet we should get nothing that is not going to  happen.

If you really want him pay us or move on do you not think he is worth paying a fee for.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Fitzpatrick you got 350,000 for him from Norwich after you developed him as a player now we have had him for nearly 2 years developed him more yet we should get nothing that is not going to  happen.

If you really want him pay us or move on do you not think he is worth paying a fee for.

 

 

You had him on loan for a year, wasn’t your player.  Second year he only played about 12 games- if your entitled to anything be a tiny amount

we are probably waiting for the money for Rudden and Cooper and then settle Fitzpatricks fee

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, third lanark said:

You had him on loan for a year, wasn’t your player.  Second year he only played about 12 games- if your entitled to anything be a tiny amount

we are probably waiting for the money for Rudden and Cooper and then settle Fitzpatricks fee

Money for Rudden eh? 🤣

Get a load of this guy restored (1440x1770) : r/MemeRestoration

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

https://themortonforum.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/44320-why-do-you-hate-partick-thistle/
 

Just been sent a link to this glorious thread. Toby’s headsgone is a particular highlight. 

A glorious read. Toby in particular an angry wee mess, but I don’t think that would come as a surprise to anyone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...