Jump to content

Partick Thistle 2022/23 thread


Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

925576B8-3EB5-4602-A206-979277732125.thumb.jpeg.c37eb8f805da0a77edd1bdde4dedf87c.jpeg

Just seen this on twitter.

If that’s real, then liquidate us immediately please. 

That’s hideous, can’t be real surely. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The women's team player who tweeted the selfie with that kit in the background has deleted it, but I'm still going for the "coordinated social media bam up strategy" over that being the actual top. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thing is, if it is a bam up, its a fucking shite one.

Trolling your own fans who already largely despise the ownership  even in something as inconsequential as a strip, is a strange choice.

I hope this is just shite patter. But Im gearing myself up for this being legit and it being the biggest riddy of the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Thing is, if it is a bam up, its a fucking shite one.

Trolling your own fans who already largely despise the ownership  even in something as inconsequential as a strip, is a strange choice.

I hope this is just shite patter. But Im gearing myself up for this being legit and it being the biggest riddy of the season.

Even if it is real, it wouldn't be in the Top 5 riddies of the coming season - we have Jacqui in charge, digging in to cling on to her power despite having promised to hand the club over, and likely a whole year of patronising, passive-aggressive "statements" to look forward to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it is real - which I think it is - then it's hilariously mistimed.  It would've been something to do in the first season we had Kingsley, and I expect it would've been treated a bit better for the purebantz of the decision. It would probably bring even more extra eyes than it did.

Now though, the likely graduate marketing employee that started out with "I know it's pure random, but..." and came up with that should've been left under the turf of Firhill right before they relaid it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s just a guess but I doubt very much that will be the first team strip or ever be worn by the first team.

Usually Greaves release a leisure wear Partick Thistle range at the same time as they release the strips and I think this will be part of that and will be popular with the kids with the holidays coming up

But I definitely do not think it will be the home strip

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, third lanark said:

It’s just a guess but I doubt very much that will be the first team strip or ever be worn by the first team.

Usually Greaves release a leisure wear Partick Thistle range at the same time as they release the strips and I think this will be part of that and will be popular with the kids with the holidays coming up

But I definitely do not think it will be the home strip

Looks like a proper strip to me and not just leisure wear

F3B9D3A3-11E9-4C55-835B-304025C04C2F.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Looks like a proper strip to me and not just leisure wear

F3B9D3A3-11E9-4C55-835B-304025C04C2F.png

It don't think it matches the teaser that the club released yesterday. Hard to tell from that photo though.

I'm hoping it's a PR stunt. Please be a stunt. Please.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Looks like a proper strip to me and not just leisure wear

F3B9D3A3-11E9-4C55-835B-304025C04C2F.png

Could be a third strip or leisure wear or Stuart Bannigans testimonial game strip even.  But IMO won’t be worn on league games or cup games by any of the men’s and women’s teams 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like a proper strip to me and not just leisure wear
F3B9D3A3-11E9-4C55-835B-304025C04C2F.thumb.png.4d46bcbbe91866140e9ec2a49df1624e.png
We had a limited edition half and half home and away shirt last season.

It was a 'proper strip' but was never registered and worn by the team.

That was also a monstrosity IMO and I think I've seen a grand total of one person wearing it.

Lack of yellow on the new training tops as well, if that's what the players have been wearing in recent photos.

I look forward to the trolling ending on Friday and a belter of a home top being released.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd heard from a fairly credible source that it's a charity shirt or something like that. Possibly even something for Junior Jags. 

Suppose we will find out soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DazzJag said:

I'd heard from a fairly credible source that it's a charity shirt or something like that. Possibly even something for Junior Jags. 

Suppose we will find out soon.

The Junior Jag in question receiving the top in the screenshot being Geoff Capes.

It'd make more sense to be something along those lines.  My wee one would probably love the top, as I imagine a lot would.  As a charity effort that the team won't be wearing, it's similarly attractive to some.  But if that's their idea of a home top - and I worry it is - then I worry for them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...